Submit

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:12 pm
Who do you want and/or think will perform next year at halftime?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:35 pm
somebody who does not have to take arthritis medicine, jeez all these old guys who dont have talent anymore keep pereformng, tom petty, bruce springstein, rolling stones, the last sucsessful one was prince. no disrespect to the names ive mentioned but they were great in their time but now.....ehh. i would like to see someone everyone likes that are in thier prime (nickelback, Fall out boy , John Legend) i dont like these bands but i know they could put on an entertaining show  

Austin Shipp
Crew

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:01 pm
I agree with Austin. I honestly have no idea who most of those older guys are. Pretty much why I haven't sit through a whole SB half time. :/  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:52 pm
BeyoncĂ© ... with Justin Timberlake to reenact Super Bowl 38. wink  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

JapaneseKariOut

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:39 pm
I liked the recent halftime shows... You guys seriously don't know who they were? I owned a CD from almost all of 'em...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:59 pm
BSF, you're kidding about not knowing who they are, right? Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band... None of them ring a bell? Turn on the radio! xd

Seriously, I'm so glad they haven't pulled in bands like Nickelback or Fall Out Boy... I would much rather see acts like the Stones, the Boss or Tom Petty.

Anyway, back on topic. Maybe Cheap Trick? Heart? (I'd suggest Journey for their almost across-the-board appeal, if they could just keep a lead singer for once.) Actually, I'd really like to see a metal band get in on the fun, but it seems unlikely...  

Muzychenku

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:03 am
I would love to see the Eagles preform... Hell of a band. It would help promote their Cd as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:15 pm
just someone good and worth watching would be great  

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:18 pm
Mako-chan_Wolfie
BSF, you're kidding about not knowing who they are, right? Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, Prince, Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band... None of them ring a bell? Turn on the radio! xd

Seriously, I'm so glad they haven't pulled in bands like Nickelback or Fall Out Boy... I would much rather see acts like the Stones, the Boss or Tom Petty.

Anyway, back on topic. Maybe Cheap Trick? Heart? (I'd suggest Journey for their almost across-the-board appeal, if they could just keep a lead singer for once.) Actually, I'd really like to see a metal band get in on the fun, but it seems unlikely...

Yeah, it would be really strange not to have heard any of these bands. I kind of like having some classical bands return to put on a show. But I want to see a few of my favorites.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:20 pm
the problem with classic guys is they can not sing live worth a crap anymore  

Austin Shipp
Crew

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:23 pm
Austin Shipp

I admit, Springsteen wasn't at his best.

...But Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, and Prince all performed great.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:25 am
Dude-LAP
Beyoncé ... with Justin Timberlake to reenact Super Bowl 38. wink

Greatest halftime show ever, I mean who wants to see Janet when you can see Beyone!?!?! mrgreen I R PERV  

IndianapolisColtsFan

IndianapolisColtsFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:27 am
Dude-LAP
Austin Shipp

I admit, Springsteen wasn't at his best.

...But Paul McCartney, The Rolling Stones, and Prince all performed great.

Oh yes, I loved all those, but didn't Prince go by some weird name, because he legally couldn't use Prince.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:29 pm
Mako-chan_Wolfie

I know who most of them are. talk2hand
The thing is that I would to see a fresh face up there.  

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Feune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:34 pm
Janet and Justin are probably why they have these bands up anyway. I don't mind either way I think the NFL is just being cautious I suppose. Put up legends and more people will be happy. You have a good deal of older people watching the Super Bowl and the younger generations usually still have a good sense of people like Prince and them.

But I don't care either way....just hopefully mix it up if they do go with one of the newer acts.  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff