Reply 'Tendo Cult~
New DS games that are good? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ravemast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:51 am
I need some DS game recommendations because I haven't bought a DS game in FOREVER! Plus, my DS is getting dusty.. Metroid Prime Hunters does not keep you busy forever.. sad

I want a good game that has some WiFi features to it and fun online play. Plus a good story biggrin

I have a few in mind.. but I don't know if I should get them
-Chrono trigger
-Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 am
I can't think of anything with a good story and online play, really. You should try Contact though. It's an RPG made by Grasshopper Studios that is pretty cool, and while the story isn't mind-blowing, it's a fun game. There isn't online play though, despite the WFC logo being on the box. It's just got some weird friend thing, I dunno I never used it.

What else are you looking for? For good online play I'd recommend Mario Kart DS, and if you're just looking for a good DS game you should try Ninjatown and Kirby Superstar Ultra. For good story you could always try the Phoenix Wright games or Hotel Dusk.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

estvpe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 am
ravemast
I need some DS game recommendations because I haven't bought a DS game in FOREVER! Plus, my DS is getting dusty.. Metroid Prime Hunters does not keep you busy forever.. sad

I want a good game that has some WiFi features to it and fun online play. Plus a good story biggrin

-Chrono trigger

this  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:04 pm
The World Ends With You gets a lot of s**t for being weeaboo / having an emokid as the main character, but the battle system and storyline are epic. I've clocked hundreds of hours on this game.

Chrono Trigger DS
is also a lot of fun, and really, if you don't have the SNES cart it's a must-buy.

For online play, there's always Pokémon. A lot of Culties are into the Animal Crossing series, as well.

Phantom Hourglass was a lot of fun, despite the storyline being a bit on the short side, the boss fights were epic, and you can really always count on the Zelda series to deliver. I can't remember if their multiplayer is online or local wireless, but the multiplayer minigame was a lot of fun also.

The Phoenix Wright games are largely text-based, and if you don't like to think, you will probably find them boring. There is also zero replay value and no multiplayer, so I'd really just rent those if you're interested. neutral

Kirby Superstar Ultra was great fun, if you're into platforming/action-adventure. There's little to no wi-fi, but local wireless can make for two-player co-op, which I really enjoyed..

My little brothers also loved Star Fox Command. It's a little tricky to get the hang of, but it's really about time we got another Arwing-based SF game.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

ravemast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:14 pm
SuperArmadilo
ravemast

-Chrono trigger

this

Is the WiFi any good for this game? I've heard it's decent, but how's the map selection? Are there alot of maps online to play on?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:28 pm
ravemast
SuperArmadilo
ravemast

-Chrono trigger

this

Is the WiFi any good for this game? I've heard it's decent, but how's the map selection? Are there alot of maps online to play on?
i haven't played online, due to lack of people having it, but there are like 6 maps, and the story is long enough to have you play a long time, especially if you're OCD about losing characters like me  

estvpe

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:31 pm
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift is a great game to play! I've put in 100's of hours into it. >w<  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:32 pm
-Zephyrotica-
The World Ends With You gets a lot of s**t for being weeaboo / having an emokid as the main character, but the battle system and storyline are epic. I've clocked hundreds of hours on this game.

Chrono Trigger DS
is also a lot of fun, and really, if you don't have the SNES cart it's a must-buy.

For online play, there's always Pokémon. A lot of Culties are into the Animal Crossing series, as well.

Phantom Hourglass was a lot of fun, despite the storyline being a bit on the short side, the boss fights were epic, and you can really always count on the Zelda series to deliver. I can't remember if their multiplayer is online or local wireless, but the multiplayer minigame was a lot of fun also.

The Phoenix Wright games are largely text-based, and if you don't like to think, you will probably find them boring. There is also zero replay value and no multiplayer, so I'd really just rent those if you're interested. neutral

Kirby Superstar Ultra was great fun, if you're into platforming/action-adventure. There's little to no wi-fi, but local wireless can make for two-player co-op, which I really enjoyed..

My little brothers also loved Star Fox Command. It's a little tricky to get the hang of, but it's really about time we got another Arwing-based SF game.
This  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Denko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:48 pm
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon
Any Phoenix Wright game
Chrono Trigger  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:54 pm
The Digimon world DS Game i've heard isn't too bad, better than pokemon since you can stay into it.

it's kinda like monster rancher with digimon combat system. and its wi-fi so yeah.  

Xilo The Odd

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:03 pm
Everything that I was going to say has already been said, so let me elaborate on what I'm looking forward to.
Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure comes out next month, with it's intricate and innovative blend of the puzzle and adventure genres.
Along with that, I honestly can't wait for Avalon Code next month, an RPG where you essentially get to smack enemies upside the face with a book, and then edit them. You get to change the strength of their attacks or the amount of HP a particularly nasty type of goblin might have, and then every copy of that enemy will be changed, too. You can do the same to certain NPC's as well as your weapons.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:21 pm
Sadly, there aren't too many new DS games that are good. Nintendo has slowed down it's production of good games.  

Dude-LAP

MadBlasta

Desirable Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:49 pm
I really like the game Club Penguin Elite Force. It is so much fun to play! You should try that one...or there are some other older ones that I like too.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:55 pm
-Chrono Trigger
-The World Ends With You
-FFTA2: Grimoire of the Rift

Also, I have not played it yet, but I've heard a lot of good about Moon.  

Sir Codin

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:14 pm
The World Ends With You. Don't ask. ust get it.

Same with the Ace Attorney series. (Phoenix Wright, Justice for All, Trials and Tribulations, and Apollo Justice)  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff