Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:35 pm
User Image

Ears pivoted back as his mane bristled along his spine again. Damned snow still hanging around...well not really. The stallion turned with a frown to the patch of snow that decided to hang no more, and had fallen right on his haunches. Giving a loud snort, he shook his body while whipping his tail sharply. The result was expected, as the snow fluttered from his pelt to land soundlessly on the ground by his ankles.

Task completed, Jumanjii' turned his neck and set his eyes forward once more. The shallow river was near enough, just beyond the bony collection of trees up ahead. Perhaps if he followed that body of water, it'd lead to the mountains. Or at least the waterfall rumored to be located there. What a sight that would be, to see a dancing path of liquid frozen in the air. Curious, the stallion was motivated passed his chill to continue his traveling.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:52 am
User Image Huffing a bit as she trudged along, Aiyanna shook her mane away from her neck and shuddered a bit at the cool air that attacked her skin. Crimson eyes stared ahead of her, watching every rock and root she passed with a careful scrutiny. Her ears swiveled, and distantly she could swear she had heard someone else.

She snorted. Who else in their right mind would venture all the way up here?

The mare had left the side of her mother for the time being and had decided to take her life into her own control; where her hooves took her, she was going. Ruffling her wings, she cleared a hill and nearly stumbled completely into another (apparently) wandering soquili.

"Watch it, y-" she paused her defensive outburst, eyes looking over the other's pelt quickly.

"...Jumanjii?"

Capricorn Sunchai

Aged Gaian

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:33 am
Mane bristled almost instantly to the insult. Why not? It was so sudden and near that it had to be directed at himself. Pinning ears and feeling his muzzle crimple in agitation, Jumanjii' turned sharp eyes upon the other that bothered to order him around. Only to bite his tongue at the familiar face beside him. "What the.....it's you?" He had to literally scavenge through his memory to place the other soquili's appearance. "Hn, what was it....Aya.....Ayanna? Aiyanna, right? Though I nay remember ye being so crude." His orange dipped tail gave a sour flick to the incident still. "Holding a grudge are ya, or just having a poor day?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:00 am
A wave of guilt and mild embarrassment washed over her almost immediately; if her fur had been pale perhaps the burning red of shame would have been evident on her face. "No, no," she replied quickly, shaking her head and scattering her mane in all directions, "I was just surprised, is all, I'm usually not rude like that. It definitely isn't you, Jumanjii', you haven't done anything to deserve that."

A shuddering sigh barely escaped her nares as she felt her mother's gentle personality well up. "So... I guess I apologize for that entrance right there." She offered a weak smile to him, hoping that she hadn't botched a friendship with a bad mistake.

"But that aside," she started, glancing quickly up the hill before turning her eyes back to him, "What're you doin' all the way out here?"

Capricorn Sunchai

Aged Gaian

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:49 pm
The male just watched and listened in quiet consideration to the others explanation. When all was said and done, he simply tilted his head with a friendly grin. "Hehe, just be careful da next time. It may not be a soquili ya be yelling at." He shrugged one large shoulder to her apology, none really bothered by the situation. They had both been surprised by each others presence. "All the way out 'ere? Are we truly that far out?" He turned his eyes to skim over the surroundings, unfamiliar yes but still within the valley. He flagged his tail and let it curl in loose strands around his ankles. "Well we are grown now, yeah? Who be saying we have to stay still? But ye, you're still a slight femme. And it being more risky for ye, I must ask what you doing so far out?" Didn't soquili of wings flock together?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:58 am
Aiyanna felt her muscles relax at his amiable reply, a wave of relief washing past her. "I'll remember that, yeah," she started, "To be honest I wasn't really thinking 'bout if it wasn't another soquili." At his words her eyes moved to the terrain, far from the place that her mother and father were usually found.

"For me, at least," she replied, snorting softly, "Though you're right, I shouldn't worry so much." His question earned a quirked brow. "I felt like it, really," she began, "Figured since I wasn't bein' watched every minute of the day I should stretch my boundaries a bit."

Her eyes gazed up the hill, eying the mostly barren trees that were strewn across the landscape. "Although... I think part of me wanted to get away from them. I spent my whole life under their protection without ever really seein' things for myself." Her gaze shifted back to him, wings ruffling against her smooth back. "Guess I was needin' some time to myself, is all."

Capricorn Sunchai

Aged Gaian

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:46 am
"Hn, good." The male nodded briefly, grateful the other took his short with open ears. Unlike his bouncy siblings, where all they could do was come back with something better to say. Sibling rivalry, gotta enjoy it.

Shaking his head, Jumanjii' moved some of the locks from his sight, blinking at the change of lighting it caused. "Well ain't that how all things start? We simply 'felt like it' and begin our own paths. So, stretching ya boundaries? Enjoying it thus far?" He supposed it was like an adventure, except more what....humble? More self influential than being rowdy and stirring up random situations, perhaps? The stallion shrugged uncertainly before glancing at the hill.

Get away from them? From kin? What an odd concept, and here he was trying to find his family. But, it sounded more like an issue of freedom, for his winged friend. "I can be understanding that urge, wanting things your own way for once. Still, nay stay away too long." She may not be able to find them again. Pivoting on his heavy legs, Jumanjii' half turned back to where he'd been walking. "In any case, I suppose ye be wanting your time back now. 'Sides, I'm still trying ta find this bloody river." Didn't help that the white blended everything...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:56 pm
"Of course," she replied with a soft snort, nodding in agreement, "When I was little it was more subdued, but as I've grown mother has said more and more often I've turned into the spitting image of my father." A grin crossed her face. "He's the adventurous type and stubborn to the core... I'm not quite sure if being like him is a compliment or an insult."

Her head tipped tot he side at his words, mulling them over for a moment. He did have a point. "I'll go back," she said, nodding, "Sooner or later. I'd never fully leave my family, y'know." She shook her mane from her eyes, ears swiveling to listen to him again.

"Running into an old face is always a nice surprise." she stated, ruffling her wings and lifting one hoof as if to follow before bounding forward a few feet through the snow, "And what river are you looking for? We came through here once before, and I thi-"

With the creaking and crunching of ice breaking, the young mare's front hooves dropped suddenly from beneath her, wings beating once or twice as she pulled her legs from the frigid water that had been lurking beneath. Shuddering a bit, she glared daggers at the hole she had created, tail swatting back and forth before she took two or three steps away from it.

"Ne'ermind," she grumbled quietly, nodding at the place, "Believe I've found it."

Capricorn Sunchai

Aged Gaian

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:47 pm
Manjii' smirked and tilted his head with a teasing tone. "Spittin image...does that really sound appealing?" He chuckled but shook his head to the odd phrase. "So ye don't look like your father, but more act like him. Yeah?" Amazing how family traits passed along, both physical and emotional.

Continuing in his calm step, the soqu tilted ears back to listen to his friend. How odd to think they had been midgets before, and now fully grown like giants. But still the same core; that was good to know. "Ah, so ya know of this area somewhat? I don't know what the river be called, but...."

Eyes widened as the stallion back stepped swiftly to all the sudden noise. Gaze moved from Aiy's sunken hooves to the mess of her wings flaring and pumping the air. It was the first time he'd seen open wings in use, and he thanked the spirits for them at that moment. Else the mare would've tipped right into the water. "I see tha'. But are ye alright there? How're ya legs?" He glanced for any cuts or injuries against the dark fur.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games