Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaia Sports Fan Guild: NFL Draft Contest

Back to Guilds

The Best Multi-Sports Guild On Gaia! 

Tags: Discussion, Basketball, Football, Baseball, Sports 

Reply General Sports Discussion
2009 Slam Dunk Contest-Who do you think should have won? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brett the Champ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:20 pm
Post thoughts on who you think should have won the 2009 NBA All Star Weekend Sprite Slam Dunk Contest. I think Dwight Howard should have won but can understand why Nate Robinson did.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:53 pm
Its kind of a toss up a bit to me.

The first round Dwight didn't deserve a 50 on his first dunk. But Nate didn't deserve a 50 in the second...and if he got one for stepping on his teammate then he really didn't deserve it.

And Rudy got cheated. So I actually think it should of been Dwight vs Rudy. And Probably Dwight would win.  

Feune

SIeeping Prodigy
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:14 pm
Yeah i go with Dwight  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:57 pm
I can't say since I didn't watch it. I would say LBJ.. xD
Just him saying he's gonna be in the Dunk Contest next year was a great moment.  

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

BKLYN_22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:39 pm
Dwight. But I give Nate some credit for jumping over a 7'0 footer.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:29 am
If Nate Robinson went with an original uniform, jumped over Dwight Howard (who is 6'11'' and the defending dunk champion), then it's a well deserved win. Plus, remember that Nate is 5'9'' ...

...Also, Howard's Superman dunk last year was cool, but he shouldn't have won. It wasn't even a dunk; he threw the ball through the hoop.  

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

Nahtan-Syab
Crew

6,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Nate had a GOOD dunk and so did dwight but I think Nates was better for his size  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:05 pm
Dude-LAP
If Nate Robinson went with an original uniform, jumped over Dwight Howard (who is 6'11'' and the defending dunk champion), then it's a well deserved win. Plus, remember that Nate is 5'9'' ...

...Also, Howard's Superman dunk last year was cool, but he shouldn't have won. It wasn't even a dunk; he threw the ball through the hoop.

I know right? It's not a lay up contest. surprised  

Boston Sports Fan
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:50 pm
Boston Sports Fan
Dude-LAP

Dunk Contest 2008 - Dwight Howard  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:22 pm
Dude-LAP
Boston Sports Fan
Dude-LAP

It's a overrated dunk neutral  

BKLYN_22

Bronx Bombers

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:28 pm
If Dwight did a windmill slam on the 12 feet basket he would of won automatically.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm
BKLYN_22
Dude-LAP
Boston Sports Fan
Dude-LAP

He was so high over the rim (possibly too far away as well) that he was able to throw it in we've seen guys do that in game before over someone. But why I liked it was because if you imagine Superman Dunking a ball he'd be flying in the air and throwing it through the hoop. And it was just about entertainment to me thats what got him the win. If someone had even came close to his creativity then I could see being a bit of a stickler.  

Feune

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:53 pm
Feune
BKLYN_22
Dude-LAP
Boston Sports Fan
Dude-LAP

He was so high over the rim (possibly too far away as well) that he was able to throw it in we've seen guys do that in game before over someone. But why I liked it was because if you imagine Superman Dunking a ball he'd be flying in the air and throwing it through the hoop. And it was just about entertainment to me thats what got him the win. If someone had even came close to his creativity then I could see being a bit of a stickler.

Yeah, true, it was probably the most creative and entertaining. That's why he won.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:42 am
On a bit of a random note its odd to me. Shaq seems to enjoy Dwight Howard when hes doing the Dunk contest superman act. But then in a conference with the media he'll say "he stole it all from me" and all that. I thought he was being sarcastic at first.  

Feune

Dude-LAP
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:07 pm
Feune
On a bit of a random note its odd to me. Shaq seems to enjoy Dwight Howard when hes doing the Dunk contest superman act. But then in a conference with the media he'll say "he stole it all from me" and all that. I thought he was being sarcastic at first.

That whole Shaq vs. Howard vs. Van Gundy crap last week was annoying.  
General Sports Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff