Reply Supernatural: The world of Sam and Dean winchester
Genevieve Cortes: The New Ruby Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Dice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:51 am
What do you guys think about the new Ruby?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:29 pm
Honestly, I liked the old one better.  

RubyLight

bashful bunny

Friend

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:52 pm
I can't stand her. rawrawrawr! scream The old Ruby was sooo pretty and sooo bad a**. This new Ruby seems like she's trying to live up to the old Ruby, but she's failing, in my opinion.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 pm
The new one does not work with ma at all! The old one was so much better.  

Riku Masen

Chatty Seeker

DeverauxRaider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:04 pm
Just no. The new Ruby is just all wrong for the role. She's too nice for a reformed demon.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:06 am
I actually disagree with most people who have posted so far...

I like the new Ruby. Granted, she's not quite as hard or edgy as the original, but I think she's a better actress overall. Old Ruby got on my nerves sometimes; her acting was over-the-top too often, and she rubbed me the wrong way... like she was trying too hard to be bad-a**, so it was almost comical at times.

I will say this: I hate it when they replace characters with new actors. But with Ruby, they can make it work (since she's a demon that can jump bodies).

Let Me Live

Team OTP

29,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • OTP 200

DeverauxRaider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:01 pm
Let Me Live

I like the new Ruby. Granted, she's not quite as hard or edgy as the original, but I think she's a better actress overall. Old Ruby got on my nerves sometimes; her acting was over-the-top too often, and she rubbed me the wrong way... like she was trying too hard to be bad-a**, so it was almost comical at times.

I will say this: I hate it when they replace characters with new actors. But with Ruby, they can make it work (since she's a demon that can jump bodies).

It would work if her attitude and her manners weren't completely changed with the new body. That's what I don't like. I mean, sure, she's a great actress, but she's completely different from the old Ruby. Too different.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:16 am
Let Me Live

They did a good job of writing the change in the show. I just think she needs to grow into her character a bit more. If she appeared more often in the show, then perhaps she'll act more Ruby-like.
(Honestly, I'm still trying to get used to her. sweatdrop )  

RubyLight

DeverauxRaider

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:19 pm
RubyLight
Let Me Live

They did a good job of writing the change in the show. I just think she needs to grow into her character a bit more. If she appeared more often in the show, then perhaps she'll act more Ruby-like.
(Honestly, I'm still trying to get used to her. sweatdrop )

I think that it will take me a while to get use to her...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:15 pm
I liked the old Ruby a lot better.
D;
She seemed a lot more bad a** and sassy.  

the ghostbuster

Lionheart

Meth on Meth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:18 am
O: Oh noes, I'm one of only ones who likes the new one!
I HATED the old Ruby, because I HATED her annoying voice. I hated those snarky remarks every 5 minutes. I know she's a demon, but seriously, the old one's attitude made me wish Dean shot her.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:47 pm
Old Ruby kicked a**. New Ruby ruined all the spunk and wit Old Ruby had.  

marda elliot

Aeliara

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:50 pm
I've given her quite some time and she still does not do anything at all for me. I really wish they could resurrect Ruby 1.0, even our brief time with Ruby 2.0 was good, but Ruby 3.0? Total bust. What made Ruby awesome was her brazen and "rocker" type personality, but Ruby 3.0 just seems so quietly manipulative. The actress tends to mumble lines or throw them completely away. She's being far too cautious. Though she has gotten mildly better, Ruby 1.0 used to command attention. Ruby 3.0 just sorta bores me.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:49 am
i like the old one better  

yellow_turtle_tumbledryer

2,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Statustician 100

dirphenomenon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:21 pm
yeah, i totally agree. i do like the old Ruby way better because she was more into character. i love her bad-assness too! xd the new Ruby was more manupulative and more seductive which makes me kinda pissed because she's all friendly with Sam xD. the old Ruby has some serious attitude and boundaries...she's way too cool. too bad she got replaced D:  
Supernatural: The world of Sam and Dean winchester

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff