+County Fair+ (All) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HIVE System
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:21 am
For weeks it had been going around. With the end of winter, a thrill of excitement had hummed all through the city. Every year, for generations, there was a gigantic fair held in the empty land between West Memphis and downtown. For the two weeks the fair was open, even the stench of West Memphis wasn't able to overcome the crowds of people. Rides and games, contests and concerts (though those where mostly held at the Pavilion), it was a child's dream come true.

But what most people didn't realize was that the sheer numbers of people made it a perfect cover for the conspiracy that simmered in the city of rhythm and blues. Every year, the press of the crowds afforded a valuable opportunity to meet, discuss and recruit new members for the factions, without HIVE being able to track their moves.

Of course, that didn't mean they couldn't enjoy themselves... Right?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:09 pm
"We made it! Hey Beta, look...we've made it to the fair!" Drex wiggled in his seat, wanting to jump out right away. His mother and sister drove his fathers pick-up truck, and he followed behind with his brother-in-law Andred and niece Beta, in the RV. Once the car pulled in and parked, he bounded from his seat and ran to the truck bed to pick up his little piglet, Tribble; whose mother was going to compete in the livestock show along with one of the families chickens. Finally let free from her car seat, Beta ran up to her mother excitedly, "Is it go-on-rides time?" Keiko shook her head, "No, not yet...we've got to take care of Clookoo and Chubbles first. Once their settled, you and Drex can go on the rides." The family gathered their things and headed through the gates and into the fair.  

Maeko-Hana

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:01 pm
A woman was pushing two men, one grown and one younger, towards the fair. "C'mon you two. Sunlight won't kill you." Both males groaned and trudged forward.

"But, Wilma dear... I was in the middle of a project..."

"And I was helping Dad!"

The woman ignored her husband and son's protests. "That can wait. The fair is not going to wait." Xander scowled and glanced up at his father, who chuckled.

"Eh, we won't win this one, son. Guess we'd just better enjoy ourselves..."

"You'd better put some sunscreen on, too. Both of you are going to burn in this sun..." Too bad the glow of a computer monitor didn't tan skin. If it did, both men would've been tanner than... well, tan.

The woman slapped sunscreen onto their faces and ears and grinned. "Don't ride all of the rides at once, now." She laughed at father and son agreed to do just that and ran off towards the fair. They loved giving her a hard time. At least she took it well.... and sometimes gave back just as much as she received.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:07 pm
It was here. The fair. A most wonderful place to explore, and this year, she was going to win one of those awesome snake plushies that some of the games had as prizes.

"Are we there yet?" She pleaded, just as they pulled into the parking lot.

"Almost, Devin," her mother answered. "Do you remember what we told you?"

"Yep! I'm not to go anywhere without letting you or dad know first."

"That's right. Try to remember it this year. I don't want to have to report you as lost again."

"Okay. Hey, Niko, you ready to see the fair?"

The little boy nodded. "Cotton Candy?"

"As much as you can eat," Devin answered. "But there are all kinds of other yummy things to try too."

"Alright Devin, Nikolas, let's go." They had finally found a spot, and Isabella was starting to herd her family out of the car and towards the fairgrounds. "Did you remember to put on sunscreen before we left?"

"I did, dear. I put it on both of the kids," Alexander reassured his wife." Don't worry about it. I'm sure everything will be great."

"If you say so dear."

"Can we go now?" Devin said, eager to see the fair. "Everybody else is already heading in."

Her father smiled. "Alright, lead the way."

Devin darted off, stopping only to let them catch up before they entered.

Athan Rune

Eagleyes

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:14 am
Kimi was mute as she plodded down the sidewalk, unable to get away from the chatter of her younger siblings.
"The fair! The fair!" That was her brother chattering away...
"It's here! It's here!" Why must she look after both her sister and brother?
"It's open, it's open, it's-" She winced as both of them clamored in unison, hoping she wouldn't be blamed for their outburst.
Her mother interrupted before they got too far. "Yes dears, I know. However, I also know how to behave in public. Haven't I taught you two how?"
"Yes Momma."
"Yes Momma."
Ah, blessed silence... Kimi thought to herself as the family as a whole started to conduct itself in a proper manner. She knew better. After all, hadn't her mother drilled it into her on how a proper woman should act?
She looked up when they reached the fair entrance. Her siblings were nearly dancing with excitement. "Can we go Momma, can we?" the two of them asked.
"Oh, all right..." Her poor mother didn't even get to finish before the two bolted. Her mother sighed. "Kimi? Would please go after them and keep them out of trouble?"
"Yes Mother," Kimi replied, curtsying as she ought before rushing in after her siblings. Thus, she didn't noticed when her parents gave each other wry looks before walking in as well.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:14 pm
Lisa glared at the crowds as she slipped away from the gaggle of giggling school girls she had arrived with. If it weren't of the utmost importance she be here then the teen would never had come along on the school sponsored trip.

Jabbing her hands into the pockets of her black hoodie, she grimaced. At least they didn't have to wear they're uniforms. The girl yanked her hood up and over her head, to hide...certain.. accessories.

"Stupid fair," Lisa muttered to herself as she sulkily started to pace down the row of stalls. "I could be studying."  

Tara_Nepion
Vice Captain

8,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Maeko-Hana

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:55 pm
While his mother registered the animals and got Tribble and his mother settled into their pen, Drex carried Clookoo over to the poultry barn. Cutting through the barn of cows, he walked down a row of horses. "That's a pretty one, eh? Not nearly as pretty as the horses back home though. We should bring them next year, we'd be sure to win. Don't you think so Clookoo?" The chicken puffed itself up and then shook its tail-feathers. " I'll take that as a yes, then." Drex laughed and continued on, finally reaching the poultry barn. He looked around and found a prime spot to place the chicken. "Now you be good, don't go starting fights with those ducks or anything. I'll be back later." He smiled and reached into her cage, petting Clookoo's feather. "Right now though, I'm off to the midway...Maybe I'll win you something." Drex then headed back to his family.
Beta was fidgeting around, tugging on her father's arm. She had only ever heard of the fair, and was excited to see and do everything she could, "Settled now? We can go rides now?" Drex chimed in as he walked up to them, "Yeah, can we go now? I overheard some kids talking about a great new ride." Keiko looked at her mother and they both rolled their eyes. "Yes, I suppose you can go now" Mirasta said, reaching into her pocket and pulling out some money, "This is all you get for today, so don't waste it or spend it too fast." Drex shrugged and titled his head, "Ok, alright...Come on Andred, Beta, let's go." Drex took hold of his nieces hand and started out towards the Midway. "This is going to be a long day...I can just feel it." Andred said as he caught up with them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:34 pm
Xander and his father were waiting in lines that were already long for the rides. It seemed everyone wanted to ride the rides and thus they were forced to wait their turn. Xander frowned. "Wish they'd all go away so we could ride...." he muttered to his father.

The man laughed. "I know waiting's not fun, but it's something we must do. Like... waiting for something to load on dial-up."

Xander shuddered at that thought. "I'd rather have broadband. Or a T3 connection."

"Me too, but there was a time when such things didn't exist...."

"How horrible!!!" Xander's eyes went wide. "Everyone had to wait with dial-up? UGH!"

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

Athan Rune

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:55 pm
"Can I go to the Midway now?" Devin asked, after spending some time looking at the animals.

"Sure, Dev." her dad answered, handing her some money. "We'll catch up with you after a bit. Nikolas wants to look at the sheep."

She pocketed the money, adding it to the amount she had saved up just for the fair. "Thanks. I'll probably be at the games. I'm gonna win a snake this year."

"Don't spend it all in one place, alright. That's all the money you'll have for rides and games."

"Got it!" She headed off, moving towards the midway. This would be fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:37 am
If she hadn't been trained, it might have been said she plodded along. As it was, Kimi slunk along after her younger siblings, making sure to keep them in her sights at all times like her mother ordered.
"What'd we want to do first? The rides?" "The booths?" "Oooo... how about visiting the animals?" Kimi rolled her eyes as she listened to the pair chatter away as they tried to figure out what to do while the dashed back and forth to try and see everything at once. She wouldn't have minded checking out the horses. Finally, they decided to wander the booths, and Kimi just tagged along behind them.

Eagleyes

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200

Tara_Nepion
Vice Captain

8,950 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:38 pm
Lisa wandered about for a while. She could have been enjoying herself, going on rides and getting food in the name of covering her mission. Instead she roamed the stalls intently hunting for the faces she had come to meet. So intent was she that she nearly ran into Drex and his niece as they were wandering down the aisle.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:09 pm
Drex and Beta ducked in and out, dodging people as they made their way to the rides. "Come on, Andred, you're going too slow..." He turned his head and called out, "We don't have forever." He laughed and turned his head back, quickly stopping just short of running into someone. "Whoa!...Gosh, sorry...excuse me...I didn't hit you did I?"  

Maeko-Hana

Nikiana

Sparkly Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:15 pm
Xander grinned as it was finally their turn for the ride. He and his father paid their tickets to get on and it was over way too quick. The boy glanced at the lines which seemed to have gotten longer. "Let's go look over there." He pointed to the games area and his father nodded.

"Okay! Let these lines die down some, huh?"

Xander grinned and nodded. Now... which game to play first!?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:37 pm
Devin was currently standing in line for the ring toss, having seen the prize she wanted hanging on the stall's wall. She glanced around as she waited, looking at the other people who had come to the fair. Maybe she could find someone she recognized from school. It really wasn't as much fun as she had thought it would be, wandering around the fair on her own.  

Athan Rune

Eagleyes

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:56 pm
Kimi peered into one stall as she wandered, keeping an eye out to make certain her siblings were staying out of trouble even as she looked elsewhere. Not seeing anything of interest, she wandered over to the next stall, watching as her siblings fussed at everything they saw and sometimes made happy sounds at some of the things they saw. If only someone else could look after the troublesome duo! Then she might be able to enjoy herself some more, and perhaps peek at the horses.

C:/HIVESystem/Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff