Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:07 pm
User Image

Mono was tired, and that was not hard to see; she had walked for so long- she had almost forgotten just how long it really was, how many suns had set... but she couldn't give up now, she wouldn't give in. Mono was going to make something for herself all on her own. She didn't need anyone's help.

Did she?

Her white toed paws inched to a slow stop as the lean lioness gazed at the lands around her. Things were dark here, and the earth was moist against her paws. She shifted her weight and sighed deeply, her whole body ached. Brown eyes narrowed as she found herself pressing back, sitting down for a second.

This was strange. She had no idea where she was.

Mono's ears twitched as she sniffed the air around her, frowning softly to herself. She could hardly make out her own smell. How strange. Worry soon played across her expression as she glanced around quickly. She was very... very lost, and from the looks of it, very far away from her old home back in the Pride lands.

Ugh. What a day.

Mono sat still for a while, relaxing while she thought of a way to get out of this mess.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Domevlo, (as he is currently called) was an odd sight - a large lion trying to sleuth about the swamp, making himself as small as possible, as impossibly large paws sunk into the mushy ground. Despite the scars, and large frame, he was beginning - with the acceptance of the pride - feel less disgusted with his appearance. The appearance which had led to his misery, for a long, long, time.

To thank them, he did all that he could. Today, he was patrolling. Rains had left the grounds even wetter -- some places in the swamp forcing him to swim. Thankfully, closer to the border, things seemed drier.

A breeze sailed through the swamp trees, and a scent that he didn't recognize from within the lands reached his nose. His head jerked up, as he looked around, golden eyes peering through the murky setting. He let out a deep rumble - a questioning roar of sorts, calling out to the owner of the foreign scent

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:30 pm
Mono's ears sharply slapped back as the fur on the back of her neck bristled. Someone was near, someone she didn't know. At first her mind raced with bad thoughts and what ifs, but soon she soothed her thoughts and worry, standing up slowly and tall. Her chest puffed outward as she frowned and held her head high, standing very still.

Who was calling out to her?

She took a second to listen before speaking out, with a soft-dull tone.

"Hello?"

Unsure of this the lioness let her claws extend slowly, just to be on the safe side.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:40 pm
Domevlo's ears caught the other's 'hello', and took to that direction. The terrain didn't make for a quiet approach. He found his own voice, as through the reeds he could somewhat see the lioness' smaller form.
"Hello,.."

Domevlo stopped before he left the curtain of high water-weeds, to offer words to lessen the dark one's alarm.
"I mean no harm or ill will. Do not be afraid."

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:51 pm
"Oh..."

Mono's ears pinned back as she turned and gazed at the larger male, relaxing her body some at his words. She would trust him- for now- he gave her no reason not to. Her brown eyes narrowed as she played her sights all long his frame, frowning at the scars on his face and form. What had happened to him, she wondered with a soft frown, though she didn't let him see her glances.

The younger female spoke out again with soft smile, now less worried than before.

"I'm not."

She assured, before moving herself to sit again, as if to show him she wasn't worried.

"I'm sorry if i'm intruding; I didn't mean to."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:26 pm
"These lands aren't,..mine specifically - I'm just making myself useful." You could tell he was thinking heavily as he spoke, weighing his words. He was not yet used to speaking to others all that much.
"I couldn't tell you if it were intrusion or not. The inhabitants of this pride are kind enough. At least they have been to me." He said, giving a warm smile which only reached half of his face, the muscles on the other side barely rising.
"I take it you're not a part of the pride, then?"

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:33 pm
"M'not."

Mono nodded and sighed.

"I am from the Pride Lands, but i'm looking for a new place to live, a place of my own, you know?"

Mono wasn't sure if he would understand her and why she left, but she hoped he understood her enough to know she needed a change in life style. Her brown eyes narrowed as she smiled at him, noticing his own half smile. At least he tried. Even if he didn't mean it, a kind soul in this new place was needed. Mono was still very unsure.

"Where am I? What's this place called?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:48 pm
"Ah," He said with a nod. He didn't know the Pride Lands, but he could certainly understand the need to have a place of your own to live.

"This is Jini-msemi territory. The Swamplands. I'm sure you'll be welcomed here. The queen is kind, at least from my experience, upon arrival. If you'd like-" Domevlo looked back towards the dirction that would take them to the central part of the smap territory- "I could bring you there," he offered.

A conversation on the way would be nice, and even nicer still would be the higher parts of the swamp wich, although not completely dry, made a better place to sit. Domevlo wasn't obsessivly clean - you couldn't be in a place like this - but still he liked a nice place to get off his paws. His frame could be a burden.
Though the didn't suppose the small dark lioness had that problem. There was something to be said for being small and lithe.

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:54 pm
"You..."

She paused and looked away, feeling rather strange for asking this.

"Think we could wait until tomorrow? I'm pretty beat."

Her smile turned into a grin as she laughed at her own words, not sure how he would take that.

"I've just been walking for days. I need the evening off."

She was small, but she wasn't weak, just very very tired and slightly sore in the paws.

"You don't have to stay if you don't want to, i'll understand. M'sure you have better things to do anyway..."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:01 pm
"I'm sorry," he hadn't taken thought as to her own tiredness. Domevlo mentally scolded himself, ears flattening as he offered what he could of an appologetic look. Leading a solitary life had lead to him often forgetting about the wearyness of those around him, although he was trying.

"I will not rush you. How long, might I ask, have you been traveling?" He sat. Not his preferable place, but he was pretty sure is wasn't on top of her list either, but he could only make assumptions. Then the most obvious of things popped into his mind --

"And might I, aswell, as your name? I'm Domevlo." At least, for now.

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:07 pm
"Three days."

Mono nodded and smiled at him. He had no left; that made her feel a little better. Her eyes narrowed at his actions though, he was acting very odd.

"Oh, i'm so sorry!"

She mewed and spoke out quickly.

"My name is Mono. It's nothing grand, nor does it have any meaning."

She took a few seconds to listen to his name, how it rolled off of his tongue and past his open maw. It was a very neat name, she felt green with envy.

"Domevlo. That's so nice; What's it mean?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:17 pm
He again gave an 'ah' and a nod. Indeed, he did act very odd, reason for that being the same as before - a lack of social skills.

"Mono is a nice, simple name. Memorable," Domevlo quickly said, as Mono put down her own name. As he spoke, he gave a more affirmative nod, and an honest smile.

He gave a short pause before answering her question about his.
"Thank you. I picked it quite carefully for myself. It means 'don't take others for face value'."
It was something he had heard from the one family who's home had served as his hideout, untill they discovered him. It was ironic though, that they who had chased him off based on appearance alone, had been the ones to supply him with such a name. But his past was full of cruel ironies. He had done his best to repent. And now, here he was. Trying to make what he could of the life he was given.

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:22 pm
The young lioness sat and listened as he spoke; her eyes were narrow with worry, he seemed... so very sad; upset even. She didn't want that. He didn't need to be sad, she couldn't understand it, but she felt the need to take care of him when he looked at his face, his expression.

She nodded and spoke out after he was done.

"Lovely.."

Though she was unaware of what to say, she tried her best.

"No need to thank me. Really."

She smiled at him.

"So you live here now, for good? You like it so far? You came here alone?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:28 am
Domevlo nodded. "This place has been very kind to me. I do plan on staying, for as long as I am permitted." He still was unsure how long the paradise he had found here would last. Some would call it pessimism, but for Domevlo, it was meerly experience.

"Indeed, I did come here alone. Not much of my time before now was spent in the company of others, What company I did have was neither friedly, nor comradic. There might have been a time, but much of my past is a blank for me. As if I never had a childhood."

He had never really missed not having those childhood memories, and he figured he'd much rather listen to the experiences of another. Mono seemed, to him, very kind. He wondereded just what could spur the young lioness on to find another place, when she seemed so.
"And what of you? You are alone, and traveling. What brought you to that?"

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

March Moth

Conservative Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:31 pm
"I'm alone; yes. My family, we all grew up in the pride lands, but... my mother, she is ill, you see. She wanted to go back to her birth place-- a dying wish.. So, they left to the land of the Mist. With two of my sister's in toe. I... I didn't.."

She stopped and sighed in deeply, she felt sick even thinking about it.

"I can't see my mother like that, knowing she is going back to.... to die. I couldn't bring myself to go with them. It's just too hard. She knows I love her, but. I won't do that."

The young lioness looked down at her paws, she was no good. Her poor mother must have hated her so much.

"My poor father, I wonder how he feels about it.."

She seemed so lost within her emotions, but came to.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to get far far away, so. Thats I why I am here."  
[IC] Abandoned Swamplands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces