Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:41 pm
User Image

And so winter continued, with it's breath curling the air in a haze and her touch discoloring the land. Nothing to see but white upon white, and nothing to feel but your own body quiver.

Shaded eyes clenched shut from the dry air before reopening and scanning the area before him. A once meadow now buried in the snow.....snow. How odd to finally know what to call it. But even that knowledge did nothing to ease his disdain of the substance. It was freezing, it was clingy, and it was overwhelming. Just how much further would he have to tread upon this 'snow' before he found more food? He was already lacking one feather from his weave, the green color having reminded him of grass. Sweet grass...

Snorting into the offensive air, Jumanjii' began his trek once more. Those mountains to the left looked vaguely familiar in shape. Was that the direction to father's land? Was mother there too, waiting for him after their seperation? He could only hope, and let that fuel carry him further along...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:16 pm
User Image

Snow, huh? Her sanguine eyes had studied the stuff for a few good seconds before she'd plunged in without hesitation, a delighted whoop of surprise slipping past her muzzle as chills raced up and down her tiny forelimbs. So cold! And it was everywhere, too! Grinning from ear to ear at this new discovery, Rebel casually flicked her tail before she bounded off--a mere smattering of bloody splotches and crimson streaks among the stark white of the powdery stuff on the ground.

She could feel her heart pounding as she dashed through the slick stuff, streams of white furling from her nose before a blob of bright colors had her skidding to a halt. "Hey!" Well, would ya lookie there! Someone else, all the way out here? Guess she was in luck today!

"You look cold." She sad cheerfully enough, giving herself a shake to get rid of any snowflakes that had stuck to her sides. "Stick out like a sore thumb, too. Whatcha doing all the way out here?" Puffs of steam huffed from her mouth as she watched him curiously, already formulating ideas in her mind. Was he lost? Escaping into this frozen wasteland from some horrible beast? Hmm, sounded like this had potential...!  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:30 pm
Tiny ears flattened slightly. There had been a sound, somewhere in the muffled blindness surrounding him. Ever curious, Manjii' looked side to side for the source. Or maybe he was even imagining sounds to fill the annoying quiet. But no, there was a definite sound repeating itself.....slush slush slush..... Was that footfalls?

It was the rapid flickering of red that finally caught his eye, and the colt had to do a double take to make out the form. Some autumn leaves blowing on the snow, perhaps? But...leaves didn't have eyes. Squinting all the more allowed Manjii' to finally see the four legged shape. Oh, it was another soqu, and his size too! "Yo there." His tail gave a flick idle energy as he turned to face the other. But his grin soon turned into a confused curl. "Aye, I'm a lil cold true. But....we be scratched up all over. And there's a twig sticking out a ye forehead." o__o

Gasp! Him, lookin like a sore thumb!? "Pft, then my torched hairs must look as plain as ye scratches. No hope of us blending in, eh?" He formed a smirk and cast his eyes to the side and back towards the mountains. "I just be adventuring, learning these lands. Kinda boring so far though. And ye?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:04 am
"Scratched up?" She repeated, puzzled as she quickly made to glance at herself. She certainly didn't feel any stings or scrapes! And she got enough of them to know for certain! "Oh! These marks, silly, not scratches! From my momma!" Rebel puffed herself up proudly, craning her little neck as she did. Yes, she was more white, like daddy, but this way everyone could know she was both mommy and daddy's daughter. The mention of a twig made her snort with amusement, and she tossed her tiny mane out of the way so he could see it better. "That's my horn. I'm a unicorn, see?" Her tail lashed for emphasis.

A grin tugged at her maw at his comment, and she had to snicker a little under her breath. "Eh, I suppose you're right there. But if you and I think alike, then that's just fine if we stick out a little! Makes life a little more exciting when you get noticed instead of blending in, huh?" Her ears flicked a little as he explained why he was here, and she nodded sympathetically in understanding. "Yeah, I know what you mean. This stuff," She pawed at the snow with one hoof, "...was interesting at first, but now it's just white, and blah, and everywhere." It was all the same!

"Just looking for something to do, I guess. And hey, wait, does that mean you didn't come from around here? I live... eh, over there somewhere." Her tail flicked casually from the way she'd come. "Sounds like a blast, getting to go see new things... But don't your parents worry? Man, mine always want me to keep close just in case something happens, but I think that'd be sort of exciting."  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:16 pm
"Uh, yeah. Scratched up." He nosed once more towards said markings, finding them too detailed to be just design. But then again her skin was smooth, clearly not wounded. And there wsa no stench of red liquid to prove his statement. Shrugging, Manjii' quirked his brow. "Well, ye mama has some strange skin. For those marks and that....un-i-corn horn. I nay seen either before." Eyes trailed to the odd tail as well, it reminding him somewhat of a squirrel's tail.

The colt snirked before trotting a step, glancing at the other foal. "I suppose, but blending in's the only reason I be alive right now." And crap, with his inability to blend in his mentor may appear any moment. Ready to scold and smack him one or two. With that thought in mind, Manjii' tossed his hair in false calmness.

"Yeah...er, yeah. I nay from around here either. Gives us both an excuse to find something interesting, eh?" He grimaced to her comments on family, and dismissed them without comment. "Eh? not allowed to have a blast? How boring it must be to be you." And he flicked his short tail as he walked off, anything to further insult the other into motion. He needed to get out from the open..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:03 am
~MAGNIFICENT TIME SKIP INTO ADULTHOOD~

Hoo, she was tired. Though she might have left her tiny body behind in the past, Rebel still had yet to grow up when it came to having fun. The wind was really gusting today for whatever reason, and she'd stumbled across an entire, empty field of golden grass. With a grin on her lips as she'd began to trot through the plains, the mare soon found herself racing as hard and fast as she could with the wind against her back, little more than a ivory streak while she'd twisted and leapt to her heart's content.

Laughing at herself, the unicorn trotted slowly to a halt, shaking her cropped mane from her eyes and hearing the merry rattle of chains. What a day! It was warm, but pleasant with just how strong the wind was. It felt really strange to be out here all by herself, listening to the howl of the air and the brush of grass against her feet. Sorta special, too. It made her... well, feel free, and wasn't that enough to make anyone happy?

Her lips still tugged into a smile, Rebel craned her neck up as she stared into the sky. A gorgeous blue, and with thick, white clouds... What more could a girl ask for on a day like today?  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:23 am
Yellow, gold, yellow....there was too much bloody yellow. Enough to make the stallion narrow his eyes and arch his neck, viewing more sky than land to balance the colors. At least the sky had some white and even shaded clouds to add contrast to their saturation. But alas, adding this small specific to his sight brought on another little agitation. The wind blowing coolly into his eyes, causing them to water and sting as even his mane drifted across them. "Gah, can this day be getting any better?"

Long tail whipped falsely in the breeze as Jumanjii' was subjected to bowing his head low, as if it proved better coverage from the wind. Scanning across the plains of grass, the male set his gaze on the distant woodlands up ahead. The trees there were aged and plump, and most likely would provide a comfortable shield against this strong breeze.

A sound was heard, light short and fickle. Look, even the winds were laughing at their efforts upon him. Rolling his eyes, Jumanjii' kept his back to the breeze as he moved toward the far treeline.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:37 am
Now that she was comfortable, her muscles warm and raring for action, Rebel had to seriously consider what to do with her day. She was a social creature, naturally, but she knew she was the only one who could make herself really happy. If anything, she needed to find more like-minded individuals! Maybe a group of smitten followers, hm? It was during her thoughtful musings that she noticed a splash of cloudy blue rippling against the wave of golden, like a bit of lost sky searching for home.

Without thinking, a sharp, high-pitched whistle burst from her lips, and the mare began to trot its way. What in the heck was that? And the closer she got, the more she realized it was another Soquili--and look at the hair on him! "Well aren't you a sight for sore--"

She paused slightly, garnet eyes narrowing suspiciously as familiar bells began to ring in her head. Why did it feel like she knew this guy already? "Hmm... Wait a minute, it's you! That colt from the snow!" A grin lit up her face, delighted to see one of her childhood buddies whom she'd wrecked havoc with.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:14 am
Amid the wind whistling in his ears and the grass swaying soundly, it came as a surprise for a voice to bloom out at his ears. How'd it get so near....unless it be the spirits he'd been searching for. They'd make themselves so apparent and open? Stirred by such revelations, Jumanjii' turned skeptical eyes at the same speed it took his mind to absorb the words being said.

And blinked.

Sore eyes his flanks, that was no spirit talking. Just another soq...uni. Uni? Eyes ran over the pale form and noticed very familiar markings before leading down to the pesky tail. He knew this individual. And so did she, apparently. The male smirked to himself while his lungs expanded in chuckles. "By god...you're still a mess."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:37 am
As though sensing the stallion's thoughts, her tail proudly curled itself and snapped with a thwack, mirroring its master's good spirits. She was waiting, listening, wondering just what sort of individual he'd become on the inside. But look at him now! So big and wild and rugged! She couldn't have been more pleased, loving every bit of the change. And even when he spoke, she wasn't disappointed.

Laughing, Rebel gave her head a shake and grinned, flaunting herself with obvious exaggeration. Hey, she liked the way she looked! It made her fit her name quite well. "It's called living life. Don't have time to worry about what I look like--just gotta assume I'm gorgeous and go with the flow." To think she'd see him again--and she still never even knew his name! Funny how childhood could be so simple.

"Which is Rebel, by the way. Forgot that minor detail way back when..."  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:59 am
Pft, snake tail acting like it has a mind of its own. The male snuffed to the side at the display. It was still odd and astounding for him to meet the other species of soquili, but this he had already seen before. And by the exact same mare to boot. But he said nothing, allowing the other to enjoy her thrill. At her laugh, his brows lifted curiously before tilting at her stance. Why were females so weird...hell she probably topped his own sister in that trait.

"Hn, go with what flow?" What was she talking about? The male nodded shortly since the wind was already doing enough tangles to his hair. "Then ye living well...if not mischievously. Though having no time fer yourself....don't know how well that be sounding." What about diseases and illnesses, all the more attracted to matted pelts? Even if she did still claim them to be genetic markings.

Rebel? It took some seconds to realize she wasn't talking about a habit. "Ah, I see. It suits ye then. The name's Jumanjii'."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:14 am
"Life's flow, of course." She nodded sagely, offering him a suddenly sly grin. "C'mon, you of all people should know what I'm talking about. Just going where your hooves take you, ya know? Rolling with the punches." That's right, there was nothing worse then getting stuck in a rut. In fact, for Rebel, it was practically unheard of. "Well enough. Trying to see what all I can see, and what sort of different people I can meet." And attractive stallions, too! Though he didn't need to know that much.

"Oh, no. Trust me, I'm doing all this for myself." Rebel was amused. Her? Not having time for herself? She didn't want to sound stuck up, but... "Now that I'm grown and can take care of myself, I guess I'm just... a vagrant." Mm, nothing wrong with the life of a wanderer! Especially not when she had the chance to run into her brothers.

"Jumanjii'... Sounds very tribalish." She mused, finding it fitting for him in turn. "So, from snows to open fields... Looks like you're a bit of a wanderer, too. Whatcha doing all the way out here for?"  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:13 pm
The stallion was surprised to find himself laughing throatily. "Rollin with the punches? Where can I be findin me more of those?" Now that sounded like a more thrilling flow with details. Not just about keeping one's pelt dirty. But than again it did take some action to get so mangled. Needless to say Jumanjii's ears perked more attentively. "Hn, seems they be the only options. Herds or vagrants; whichever be tickling yer fancy." As for himself, he just happened to have fallen under the latter.

His lips curved in faint pride. "Aye, it's in relation to me lineage. My father has Troll blood in him...I just nay be having the physical traits." He blinked before glancing around, once again reminded of the annoying yellow everywhere. "It does seem a tad bland out hear, eh? As of yet, ye be those most trouble I've run into." He smirked, for once not minding the distraction from endless walking.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:57 pm
"If you wonder around long enough, they're sure to smack you on the nose with a few surprises. Now's a good example of that, eh?" Rebel chuckled lightly to herself, curling at her lips once more. Still, she found herself nodding sympathetically at his words, completely understanding. "It's kind of a pain. I can't settle down with a herd and just be placid doing nothing, but wandering around by myself gets lonesome after a while..." She blew out a breath exasperatedly, knowing she likely needed to move on from these lands.

"Oh? Troll, huh? I've never heard of 'em. That's pretty sweet though. What's different about them, physically?" She eyed him for a moment. Was that where that wild look came from? Maybe the sideburns, and even the tufts of hair htat rippled down his spine... "You can say that again. Though, this wind's something else, isn't it?" It was strong enough to make her chains rattle, and she laughed at his description of trouble. "Aww, I'm it? No wonder you're bored! Well, there's gotta be something interesting for a pair of no-good wanderers to do, no?" The only question was--what?  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:34 pm
" 'Erhaps it is." Though this encounter didn't really feel like a punch, more like a startling tap. But it was still enough an occurrence to roll with. His shaded eyes watched with a hushed consideration, realizing the other's next words were a sort of....confession. Something nearly personal that he felt a sting to be made heard. Tossing his head to the side, Jumanjii' tugged on a relaxed smirk. "Hehe, but here I be thinkin you one ta admire yourself in the water's gaze." Pain may suit the strange other, but certainly not loneliness. But that was too touchy a thing for Jumanjii' to even dare consider aloud about anyone.

"Hn? Trolls are known fer the tusks. Er, long and sharp teeth peeking from their muzzles. An' they be having some, for lack of better word, extremely rugged hair." Though he'd much rather prefer to have those intimidating and useful chompers. At her laugh and words the soqu snorted to himself. "Must be the reason; I be needing some entertainment." His grin grew wider, and eyes shined with a slight thrill to challenge. "Ya claim to be oh-so perfect, yeah? Why don't we just compare that now? Ye got nothing to loose, so?..."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff