Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
Bollywood Movies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:20 pm
The other day i watched Saawariya, which is a GREAT Bollywood movie, and it's had me listening to more of the music and wanting to see more of the movies xd

Sexy song and video from the movie

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

* Which Bollywood movies do you like?
* Which songs are best from them?
* Have you seen Saawariya?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:39 pm
User Image

I absolutely love Om Shanti Om, I like the story, though SRK needs to keep his shirt on. [i'm more of ab abhishek fan ;])
I song I love from OSO is Dastaan Hai Om Shanti Om.

I need to see Saawariya <<

om bhur bhuvah svah
tat savitur vareniyam
bhargo devasya dhimahi
dhiyo yo nah prachodayat

Korilassical

Godly Fairy

Umaeril

Eloquent Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:14 pm
I have seen Saawariya. I will say it is a beautiful film, so atmospheric. But unfortunately I could not get into the movie much due to the main character who I found annoying, lol. But I can see why it is admired, the cinematography was outstanding. Just that guy...what's his name, Ranbir Kapoor (I just looked), his character, well I just couldn't even finish it. I should have and will try again one day.

Om Shanti Om is one of my favorites for its verve and energy. I don't mind SRK without a shirt. wink Great music, just a classic.

Personally I like Devdas the best for it's great beauty and opulence, it was truly magnificent both visually and musically. The singer for Aishwarya's character has the most stunning voice I've ever heard.

Others I like: Jab We Met, Mujhse Dosti Karoge and lots of others.

We just watched Bhool Bhulaiyaa and I thought that it was actually not bad. It has some nice visuals and the story was interesting and not the usual story.

Ok, that is my quick dash through Bollywood.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:50 pm
Umaeril
I have seen Saawariya. I will say it is a beautiful film, so atmospheric. But unfortunately I could not get into the movie much due to the main character who I found annoying, lol. But I can see why it is admired, the cinematography was outstanding. Just that guy...what's his name, Ranbir Kapoor (I just looked), his character, well I just couldn't even finish it. I should have and will try again one day.

Om Shanti Om is one of my favorites for its verve and energy. I don't mind SRK without a shirt. wink Great music, just a classic.

Personally I like Devdas the best for it's great beauty and opulence, it was truly magnificent both visually and musically. The singer for Aishwarya's character has the most stunning voice I've ever heard.

Others I like: Jab We Met, Mujhse Dosti Karoge and lots of others.

We just watched Bhool Bhulaiyaa and I thought that it was actually not bad. It has some nice visuals and the story was interesting and not the usual story.

Ok, that is my quick dash through Bollywood.

I have seen Om Shanti Om in our local video rental joint.
I will need to get that now ;D

I have heard of Bhool Bhulaiyaa, but not seen it.
I prefer to borrow them or rent them before i buy them, so i'll keep an eye out ^-^  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

Korilassical

Godly Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:18 pm
User Image

Bhool Bhulaiyaa is good for both laughs and scares.
I feel horrible watching it though, one of the actresses, her name in the movie is my name ><

om bhur bhuvah svah
tat savitur vareniyam
bhargo devasya dhimahi
dhiyo yo nah prachodayat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:59 pm
hey have you guys sine dostana, it's so awesome!!!  

screenstar23

Rattatarat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:21 pm
I love Bollywood, it's an absolutely fearless industry, even the sad movies have a way of lifting my spirits.

Saawariya is awesome.
That's one of my all time favorite scenes in a movie.
He's so in love, his movements and smile are just so happy.
That scene made me feel all warm.
My favorite song from Saawariya is Chhabeela though.
I was dazzled by this movie.
As matter of fact it just came in, I ordered it online awhile back after I had rented it from Blockbuster.

Although, it's not quite Bollywood, I just got done seeing Bride and Prejudice ( I know I'm late. ) Pretty good movie to, though I was disappointed by the lack of musical scenes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:56 pm
Dhoom One and Two. Who wouldn't want to watch a Bollywood with John Abraham, Bipasha Basu, and Aishwaya Rai?  

DaisukeBabi

Umaeril

Eloquent Inquisitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:19 pm
Dhoom II (I never saw the first one) was pretty good for what it was. I enjoyed it. XD

I actually liked Bride and Prejudice as another take of Jane Austin's book, they did an excellent job on it. The lack of musical scenes made it cater more to anglo sensibilities I guess. Another good remake of a Jane Austin book was "I have found it" or Kandukondain Kandukondain. Nicely done with some striking imagery. It's a Tamil film.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:44 am
I enjoyed Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kal Ho Naa Ho. I haven't watched much bollywood though.

Ashoka has some awesome songs. The movie looks pretty good too, I think it's about the king that bought Buddhism to India, correct me if I'm wrong.

And I've not seen Saawariya.  

Herb Bread

PiercedPixie2
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:32 pm
Herb Bread
I enjoyed Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kal Ho Naa Ho. I haven't watched much bollywood though.

Ashoka has some awesome songs. The movie looks pretty good too, I think it's about the king that bought Buddhism to India, correct me if I'm wrong.

And I've not seen Saawariya.

You've not seen it? get on it girl!

I have heard of Ashoka, i shall try to find it since you are the 2nd person to recommend it 3nodding  
The World Mosaic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games