Post surgery pics - Cajun

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anlina
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:05 pm
Here are some post-surgery pics of Cajun, my foster kitty. She was rescued from an animal hoarding situation and was pregnant and had a very badly infected eye. Antibiotics cleared up the infection but the eye was too badly damaged to heal properly and was sunken and non-functional.

She's been through quite a lot in her little life - three kittens, one with cerebellar damage; a chronic ear infection (finally cleared up, hopefully for good); dirty, crooked teeth (cleaned and the problem ones pulled); underweight (still working on that) and with some behavioural issues (mostly fixed since being spayed.)

I think she may be all fixed up now. She's a lovely little cat and well worth the effort it has taken to get her healthy and socialized. She's still a little skittish but very affectionate and friendly once she gets to know you.

The day she came home from surgery:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Today after the stitches came out:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'll post more pics as her healing progresses.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:13 pm
Aww. My family had an eyeless kitty once when I was little. I barely remember her but I know she got along well in life, so I'm sure Cajun is going to be fine. =D I hope she gets her weight up soon!  

Stark Raveling Mad

4,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200

NightWolvesCry

Friendly Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 am
Aww she is adorable, my best wishes to her and recovering.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:16 am
she's a pretty girl. so fluffy! it sounds like she had a hard life, and it's great that things are starting to get better for her.

cardi

Cat

Venuslady

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:56 am
Poor little thing - hope she get better!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:22 pm
Her incision has healed up beautifully. There's only a small scar and once her fur grows back in it will probably look like she's just permanently winking.

She's got a minor infection in her good eye which we're trying to get rid of right now, but I'm not too worried. Just a little pink and watery, but she doesn't seem to be bothered by it and her vision seems unaffected.  

Anlina
Captain

Moonblossom

Desirable Genius

15,600 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:49 am
Anlina, queen of the cute broken cats.

I'm glad someone's taking these guys in. *hugs* She's adorable, and her other eye seems abnormally huge and sparkly - maybe to compensate? ;P  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:40 pm
She is SO cute! I've had some cat's with problems. One of my cat's kittens was playing on our cat tree and fell on his head. The poor thing was never the same. We found him a nice home, so I hope it made it all better.  

El Diosa de la Tigre

7,300 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Nudist Colony 200

LilSnowBird

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:03 pm
Aww! I want to see her get better! She is so beautiful!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:21 pm
Hope your Caujen gets better.Ive seen so many cats go through that on Animal Cops. I hope she gets better! ^.^  

littlekitti41096

Skye River

Enduring Elder

14,675 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 3:43 am
I hope that Cajun makes a steady recovery. It's good to hear that there was no further complications after the surgery.  
An abnormal love of cats

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games