[PRP] The Welcoming Party

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

underthered

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:54 am
User Image

Sepoko was always insecure in new places; that was why he'd spent so long looking for a place to call home. When his mother found a place she thought they could call home, Sepoko discovered, with regret, that it wasn't quite for him. But mother had set up a life there, she was happy there, and he was happy for her. Now that Poko had found his Ilori, he knew he'd be happy wherever he went with him.

And Ilori had assured him, with that open-hearted calm of his, that he, Sepoko, would be welcomed here. Sepoko had no reason to doubt him and knew that he should trust him. It was everyone else Sepoko wasn't sure about. After all, this land was recently wartorn... triumphant, but wartorn. He wouldn't blame them for being suspicious of newcomers. Sure, Poko wasn't a buzzard or anything, but... he wasn't from around here. He wasn't from around anywhere in particular, a drifter for most of his life. So to be sure... Sepoko really had to find one of the leaders and meet with them, one on one, to settle his rattled nerves.

He lay by the temple, sure that one would have to come by eventually, his tail lashing in anxiety. Right now he was just trying not to think too hard about anything, concentrating instead on his breathing so as not to trip over his words and make a fool of himself on this all-important meeting.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:14 pm
User Image

Muroki had spent some time seeing how various members were - the lost Safiya and Moyenda who most missed her were often on his thoughts especially recently - so far this morning. It was a lot of legwork but he didn't mind. Half of them had been with him seasons now, others were newcomers, and the rest he'd seen grow up. Besides the fact that it was his duty to lead the pride, he also did care for them all. Even those he wasn't especially close to were important to him.

Which was why he'd been happy to hear that Ilori had decided to return. He could still remember the first time he'd met the male as a youngster and taught him how to fish for valuable relics in some of the sands...and apparently Ilori hadn't returned alone!

Muroki was on the hunt for the brown lion he'd yet to meet and greet into the pride. He trusted the judgement of Ilori and was generally an open minded kind of guy. So long as you were a good creature and could live by the pride's rules, you were likely to be welcomed.  

Tuait-Tekem Guardian

underthered

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:23 pm
Of course it was far beyond Sepoko to keep himself from his own worrying ways. It was not long before all manner of questions and concerns racked his brain. Would they accept him here? Would they be suspicious of him? Would there be an interrogation? Hazing? Would they try to hurt him? How many tasks would he have to carry out to prove his worth? Would they accept his relationship with Ilori? Oh, Sepoko didn't think he could stomach it if they tried to drive him and his precious Lori apart. He didn't think he could survive it. It was Ilori who was his love and his life and his home.

Being so jumbled up inside with worries, it was no surprise that Sepoko somewhat lost track of his environment. All his senses were dulled, and he was upwind of the one who approached him. It was not until the shadow fell over him that Sepoko even realized anyone was there. He froze, and then turned his head up ever so slightly, peering up through the tops of his silver eyes. And there above him stood the king of these lands, the one Sepoko himself had been seeking, and he'd shown without Poko acknowledging or so much as noticing his presence.

No sooner had the rusty-colored lion spied Muroki than he sprung to his feet and bowed down, frantically making a display of his respect. "Your majesty, pardon my rudeness," he said. "I did not notice you were coming." Well, this would be a shining endorsement of his character.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:31 am
Muroki had had to get used to people bowing. He'd grown up a random rogue fostered by good lions and there had been no bowing involved there beyond the usual polite bob there. It still made him grin in his old crooked manner, slightly sheepish. Only when 'Jua was in him' did he really stand for ceremony and traditional greetings.

"Oh don't worry about it, just a formality. I probably shouldn't sneak up on newcomers so." He assured the darker lion. "I wondered if we might talk for a while, if you have no duties yet or obligations you need to get to?"

He gestured down hesitantly and sat down himself, inviting Sepoko to do the same. Hopefully they could chat for a while and he could get a feel for the other male's character. He was sure that Ilori wouldn't have brought someone of a questionable nature - cruel or treacherous or... - to the pride.

"I heard you're close to Ilori. A fine young lion."  

Successful Edit

underthered

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:22 am
Sepoko smiled sheepishly, somewhat faltering, and rolled back onto his haunches to sit. Well, the king seemed fairly laid back so far, which was all good and well. And yet, he wanted to "talk." That could mean anything. Poko gulped and hunched his shoulders a bit, trying to ponder all his actions since he and Ilori had returned from going to say goodbye to Sepoko's mother. Had he done something wrong that would require a "talk"? He couldn't think of anything, not off-hand, and he and Ilori had already done a hunt today. "I think I've taken care of everything," he said, still mulling over it in the back of his mind. "What do you need?"

And as the two sat down together, the very mention of Ilori brought a rush of warmth to Sepoko's heart. All at once, he went from tense and paranoid to relaxed. It was like he was starting to thaw. "Yeah," he sighed. "I adore Ilori. We met when he was just a little cub and I was a juve, but nobody ever stuck in my mind the way he did. When I stumbled upon your lands and found him here once more, I knew that we were supposed to be together."

There the thaw subsided, and Poko froze up once again with his breath sticking in his throat. He still wasn't sure how these folks would feel about two boys in love. With a little cough, Poko ammended, "And I do... adore him. And I certainly hope it does no offense to you if we are together. Because... I can never leave Ilori's side. He means the world to me." Sepoko cast his silvery eyes down, hoping with every fiber of his being he wasn't getting them kicked out right then and there. They were getting ready to start a family... they needed a home. He wanted his children to have the kind of security that he himself had never had.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:48 pm
"Sepoko." The king sighed, glancing at the other lion with a soft frown, as he listened to what was worrying the other. He smiled as he frowned, understanding. So they weren't just close then but closer than close. No wonder he seemed worried!

"Forgive me my long windedness but before anything else I think we should set your mind at ease. While it has not always been acceptable under some rulers and while I suppose some of our members might privately dislike it, it's long been known in this pride that one male might love another or one female another female. There's even an old ancient tale of two lions, lovers, who in the original take brought great honor to the Dawnwalkers. There's an image of them in the Temple somewhere, surrounded by their heirs. " It was true. Of course they were depicted in both lion and human form but the way the lions had decided to understand the heiroglyphics it made perfect sense. Not being able to read the words and going purely by the pictures, they'd made up their own story most of the time. And who've done it generations ago had had the scribes pass it down a story of two lions - and their images were as intertwined as the stylistic image allowed, so why not?

"Besides which I was brought up by rogues after my mother died and my adopted younger brother Ewansiha, he once had a love affair with another male. It tore his heart to part with him but he was so worried about those who wouldn't accept them. Having seen the damage it'd do and knowing how much it would kill me to be parted from my beloved, I could never ask you and Ilori to part. I can see no reason why I should."

((Based that on this x3 ))  

Tuait-Tekem Guardian

underthered

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:42 pm
A couple errant tears stung at the corners of Sepoko's eyes as he looked up at the king (and born a runt, Sepoko was forever looking up). They would really be accepted here then? There was the lingering idea that some might not accept their love, but if the king supported them, then what did it matter? Poko had grown to suspect that such formality made Muroki uncomfortable, but overwhelmed with gratitude, the rust-colored lion once again swept down low to the ground in a bow. "Thank you," he said. "Thank you ever so much, sir."

When he rose again he was beaming bright. It used to be his smiles were always uncertain, but since he'd found Ilori he was smiling more genuinely, and more often. In Ilori he'd found the open affection and dedication he'd always wanted... and here, he'd find the permanent home he'd always needed, ever since he was small. "If we are truly welcome here as we are," Poko said, "then I swear to you, I will do whatever task is needed of me. You need only to ask, and I will serve. I am more than happy to do anything that needs doing." In fact, Sepoko was a right doormat, but of course he didn't think of it that way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:04 pm
"Just try to do your best Sepoko and that'll be enough for me." Muroki replied back with a genuine smile, his brown tail tip giving a flick of contentedness and happiness. It was things like this that made being a king worth everything. Sepoko seemed very grateful and happy to have an accepting home. And Muroki loved that the Dawnwalkers could be that home. He was not as heart the tyrant is uncle had been or the war-mongerer his cousin would have been has he taken his throne. Muro was really just a lost rogue who'd rebuilt a home for his followers. Homes were what he did best.

"Ilori has filled you in on all the basics I'm sure, the customs and laws...? Because the High Priest Takasika is happy for you to sit in on his classes with the young ones whenever you wish to, as is my daughter Tesni if you want to learn the histories more or the stories." He offered, with another gesture of his paw. "And Matifu is the guy to go to if you want to get in the swing of things with the hunters, he's one of our best."  

Successful Edit

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff