Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:23 pm
User Image

Orange strands flicked against his flanks in a slight tickle as the colt peered down, his entire focus set in his eyes. It...it was him, there onthe ground and in the water! But, it wasn't water....this cold and solid substance. Was it a stone? No, too shiny. Snorting, Manjii' then stomped on the ground, cracking his image and grimacing as it gave a slush sound. Then shivering as the cold went through his hoof and ankle. x__x  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:39 pm
User Image

Ahaha! Winter was such a fun time, for sure. It was cold, but not harshly so, and Nakawara could run for hours and hours without overheating. In fact, when he did get tired, he usually found himself heaving and shivering in a cold sweat. And, at this point, he was headed in that direction. The quick gallop he'd been enjoying slowed to a trot and soon to a walk. The stallion tossed his head playfully, whipping away a few braids that had begun to cling to his face and neck. Passing by the few trees at the edge of the clearing, he squinted for the water. His tongue felt heavy in his mouth now, he really needed a drink. But, as he moved closer, something besides the prospect of a cool drink showed itself. Out near the ice he saw a foal. Eyes widened. It wasn't cold enough to be out on the ice! He hoped that wasn't what the little one was planning. "Heeey!" he called, moving quicker.  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:51 pm
Hm? Teal eyes blinked and the youth turned his head curiously to the out call. It wasn't mother or father's voice, and a quick sight of the stranger proved it true. Tapping his hooves in an antsy dance, the boy debated what to do. Obviously he was already seen, so no point in ignoring the other. And outrunning the other? Yeah, no chance of that! Forcing his jittery legs to calm, Jumanjii' stood his ground with tail 'wagging'. Might as well face the other adult. "'Ello there, Mister Blue." He nodded his pale face to the other, letting orange locks splay over his face without concern.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:07 pm
Simply happy he'd caught the other's attention, Nakawara didn't notice the nervousness in the least. Slowing to a stop, he tried to remember to keep a socially acceptable distance. In situations with other adults, he was positive they would simply back away if they were uncomfortable. In the case of foals, he feared he'd scare them off. And they were just too adorable for that! And this one was no exception. "Mister Blue, eh?" he questioned, unable to deny he liked the ring of that. "I'm Nakawara." Grinning childishly, he wiggled his own tail, but the weight of the hair kept it from doing much more than swaying. Blinking, his attention was suddenly caught by the young one's hair. "You've got hair in your face, ya know. Makes it hard to run." He understood that fact. His own mane liked to cover his eyes a lot.  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:43 pm
Pft, who knew anything about acceptable distances? Certainly not Manjii'! Though whenever it came to affectionate nuzzles or googling, that's were he drew the line. Ugh, how he didn't enjoy such attention! Smirking though, Manjii' tilted his neck to look up at the other. It was nice to meet another guy for once besides his siblings. To see what was out there in the world, and what he may grow up to be. A nod came easily, before the boy laughed. "Nakawawa? That's a cool name! Mine's Jumanjii'." Then he puffed at his hair, watching as it fell back into a mess. "Ah well, it be growing out soon anyways."  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:04 pm
"Jumanjii', is it? Ha, I think that name sounds cooler than mine!" It was easy for Nakawara to fall into conversation with foals. Maybe because many of them had a similar mindset. Or, if they weren't as energetic as him, at least had an innocence that seemed to disappear with age. And sometimes he felt like he could talk about silly things with them. Things that other adults would thoughtlessly dub stupid or childish. But, on the subject of foals in general... Lifting his head, he peered around curiously. It wasn't often he saw kids without parents. And, even if they appeared alone, there was usually at least one adult hovering nearby. "You're not alone, are you? I mean, not alone besides me!" He let out a laugh.  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:52 pm
The youth nodded energetically at the other, before giving a small and confident smirk. "Haha, it's a mouthful, tha be for sure. So ye can just call me Manjii'." Then he clicked his tongue at the question, and shuffled a hoof in the slushy grass. "Nah, I'm not alone. My ma is just beyond those trees......I just like to wander more and more out over time." His brows rose and he realized maybe admitting that wasn't a wise choice. Trying to cover up, he gave a mean pout to the adult, only to look silly doing so. "You won't be tellin her, now will ye?" >8C He already got in enough trouble on his own. And he imagined he'd get another n** when he returned after today's exploring...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:36 am
Filing away the proffered nickname, he nodded. It almost looked like some sort of attempt to be sagely, but wisdom wasn't his thing. Instead, it was obviously more of a 'yep, okay, got it!' kind of nod. Turning to view the trees Manjii' spoke of, he only nodded again. An understanding grin split his maw. He knew what it felt like to be adventurous with a wish to be free. He couldn't really remember his parents very well, but he could remember wanting to explore on his own at a very young age. Childhood was just so blurred into adulthood for the blue stallion. After all, he acted the same way and did many of the exact same things now. "Nah, I won't say a word," he promised, sniffing a bit. "I'm around now, so it's okay!" He laughed. "But I'm gonna make sure you head back through those trees if I have to go, okay?" That was fair enough, he thought.  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:03 pm
"Good." Manjii' then dropped his angry face, replacing it with a fast grin. Oh the troubles of a bossy child given his way. Giving his vibrant tail a flick, he then trotted up beside the taller soquili curiously. "Sure sure..." He'd just make sure the blue fellow stayed long enough to play then. Why explore if there were no games to play? Nosy, Jumanjii' pressed his nose to Naka's shoulder, then gave a tug to one of his silver braids. Hm, not tasty. "Ooooh, but you have silly hair like my sister! Almost like pappa's, but not as fluffy!" Then bright eyes looked to Naka's tail. "And look! Even your tail touches the ground too! How come my tail and hair are so short?" 8C  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:27 pm
Gettin' the once-over, huh? With a silly grin on his face, full of fake seriousness, the older male stood perfectly still. Of course, the nose at his shoulder was enough to make him want to move and the tug on his braid was enough to make it actually happen. Looking down, his playful eyes watched the other's more curious ones. "Silly, eeeehh?" Naka drew out, putting on a mock pained expression. "I like it, myself. Keeps it out of my face." Well, most of the time. "And I bet your sister is just beauuutiful!" Winking, he flicked the tail that was now under inspection. "Your hair will grow out, I bet. But you're just a kid, now, you gotta give it time!" Leaning down, he gave the colt a nudge. "Or you just gotta run more. All the wind will pull your hair right out 'til it touches the ground!" It was a funny idea, although he wasn't quite that foolish. A laugh left his maw at his own joke.  

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:14 pm
The colt perked ears as the other wriggled under his examining. Hm? Had he hit a tickle spot? Oh how he hated those! =__=; But he nodded firmly to Naka's question. "Yep, aye said silly. Don't be so sensitive 'bout it. I didn't say awful did I?" Then his small muzzle twitched in a mortified scowl. Beautiful? Beautiful?! Ugh, why did other's have to speak such fluffy words? "Sheeeee's a strange one." It must be a sister thing, if not a girl thing.

But the boy beamed in delight, his moods flicking like a light switch. "Yeah, it really will grow?" 8D Awesome! He couldn't wait to sweep a long and cool tail about instead of this thigh tickler. "Ohh....oh, the wind could really do that?" o.o Amazing!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:45 pm
"Who's sensitive?" he questioned, huffing and puffing out his chest. "Not me." This was definitely fun. Shaking his head, he laughed again. Each time it seemed he was more and more entertained. "Strange? I guess it's normal for siblings to think that about each other. I must be lucky to be an only child." Maybe. Or maybe not. There were many times he wished he had someone to race with. Not putting too much thought into it, he was certain any siblings of his would share his love of running and be willing to play with him whenever he asked.

"Haha, course it will!" Nakawara exclaimed next, affirmation shining in his eyes. "But you gotta be careful not ta trip over it. Sometimes hair really does get in the way." At least he couldn't remember ever tripping over his own tail. Nooot really, anyway. Blinking, he held back a snicker. "Uhm... Yep. The wind has all sorts of powers like that," he said with a nod, playing along with his own joke, even if the other's excitement made it sound like he actually believed it. "You should try racin' with me sometime and we'll check out how long it grows. You'll hafta run real fast to keep up with me."

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:03 am
Manjii' grinned widely. "I like ye. You're not like everyone else I talk to and they get all sore just over words. I don't understand it, but whatever." He shrugged, still beaming to have found another soqu that could laugh while chatting. A nice change for the energetic colt.

"Only child, eh? I'd think it to be boring, but then again you have all your own freedom!" Seemed like a fair and balanced trade, right? Flicking his tail once more, Manjii' shook his head with a wry chuckle. "Well now, how 'bout we test those powers and with a race! Here and now...unless you're chicken?" >3 His four legs ached now with anticipation to dart and stretch!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:42 pm
Canting his head, the older male let his own grin widen a bit. He liked this boy, too. It had been a long time since he'd had such a fun conversation full of laughter and joking. It was always a little harder around those his age. "Ya gotta try to be nice about everyone's feeling, though," he advised lightly, shrugging a bit. "There could be trouble in the long run if you upset the wrong kind." He always tried to be friendly. Well, in all honesty, he was just generally friendly. It took a lot of rubbing him the wrong way for him to get upset. A lot, lot.

"Freedom's nice sometimes, but not always," he assured. "I've got th' freedom ta run whenever I-" He stopped, looking suddenly taken aback by the young one's challenge. "Oho! I'm willing to show YOU who's chicken, little man!" He tossed his head, looking all the more excited at the idea. "I wouldn't underestimate me. I'll leave ya in the dust... er... snow." Sure there was an age difference, but he took all races seriously. There might be a handicap if he realized the colt was losing terribly, but not until then. And he doubted such a thing would happen. Manjii' had too much spunk to fall very far behind.

"Just let me know where ta go and I'll be there first!"

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas