Submit

Slanndalous

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:03 pm
Mistake No. 3 Open RP
Players Slan & child Boy George
Setting Grocery store; chilly afternoon

---

"Okay, well hopefully this won't take too long we--Hey hey! We don't need that..." Not two minutes after picking up a grocery basket, George had found the carts close by, grabbing at one of the handles and trying to pull it out of its brethren. His green eyes lead the way and his head followed, black ringlets tossing his bowler hat, watching Slan with a slack mouth.

"But..." He started, frowning and looking up at the large wheeley cart that shifted under his awkward grip. "Bigger is better...."

"Uhh as picky as you are with food... I highly doubt we will even fill up the little basket mmkay?" The faux-rabbit walked back to his ward and gently peeled his scaly hands off the handle. "If the impossible occurs when we fill up this basket, I will personally let you pick out a cart..."

"Yer stealing my sunshine...." Georgie whined melodiously, his long tail curling around the under carriage of the metal cart as his head sunk low hidden by his pristine tendrils. The guardian was actually pretty impressed at how fairly competent their usual conversations were based solely on random a** lyrics. Perhaps there was hope for Georgie when he got older.

"Ugh, fine. C'mere..." Putting the basket away, Slan placed his red paws around the little boy and hoisted him up into the cart. "H'okay.. and let's... try and keep an open mind please... I'd like you to not starve..."

"Kay. Let's rock n' roll!" Taking a seat in the steel cart, the young chameleon pointed the way. This was George's first time out in public. It was a bit overwhelming. But he actually enjoyed the stares and gawks. It just made him feel that much more special and original. Resting his chin on the lip of the hard shopping cart, he let his eyes wiggle back and forth, collecting all the food data he could.

They came up the produce aisles. "Lots to offer..." He commented, boggled by the amount of variety besides just bugs. He sidled over, gripping the edge of the cart and stared at a pile of round little purpley things. With a blink, his long tongue lashed out and grabbed a grape. It crunched easily in his mouth, squinting and frowning and testing it. It was okay. "Sticky sweet..."

"Hey!" Slan scolded, bopping him on his hat. "You can't just eat anything you see here! That's called stealing..."

"Wha... Bu'...." Apparently George couldn't express what he was trying to say and it was beginning to frustrate him.

Coming around the cart, the guardian leaned down and lifted his head. "What? Come on, just... tell me. Use your words..." It was quite the challenge to eek any coherent and complete sentence from Georgie, but the faux-wolf just wanted a few words from him.

"Ah--Mnnn... How--if if I.... to choose..."

"How can you choose what to buy if you can't taste it?" Georgie nodded. "It's okay... I'll eat it if you don't. I have enough money to splurge on you..." With a lopsided smile, Slan rose and began to usher the cart again. "We'll find ya somethin'... So do you want to get some grapes?"

"Grapes.... Okay..."

"Alright..." He grabbed a bushel or whatever measurement grapes were these days. "We'll just keep lookin' around..."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:33 am
"Come on come on come on there's gotta be one in the - YES!" Julien unearthed the last packet of Maltesers - those delicious little chocolates with crisp, light honeycombed centresTM - after a protracted battle with the candy shelf and pulled it to his chest in glee, "I knew you wouldn't let me down!"  

Jun D
Captain

Shoujo Shounen

HyTech - Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:33 am
"You dragged me," he said, growling with deep annoyance, "all the way here to satisfy your bizarre and sudden craving for Maltesers. In fact, you made me drive you here to get Maltesers! Good God!" He shoved up a falling packet of Clodhoppers to continue the enraged spiel. "You're like some pregnant woman!"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:34 am
"Mhm," he ignored his companion's customary complaints and wandered down the junk food aisle, swinging the be-Maltesered basket lightly. Reaching up, he pulled down an economy-sized bag, "Want some jerky?"  

Jun D
Captain

Shoujo Shounen

HyTech - Maxwell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:35 am
"Yeah, 'kay." He purred boredly, checking which one it was. "Gotta be careful, the sweet and hot is some seriously weird s**t."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:37 am
"I know what you like," he snapped, slinging the jerky into the basket irritably and moving on to the fresh produce section.  

Jun D
Captain

Shoujo Shounen

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:45 pm
The Clyte was not used to being out of the kitchen, so it came as no surprise that the poor grey darling was utterly at a loss.

He stood in one of the ingredient aisles, staring up and slack-jawed at all the items. Bells had rung and choirs had sung their sweet song, light cascading over the overwhelming display of ingredients and Aulis had been stuck in that same position ever since his eyes had fallen somewhere between the chocolate chips and coconut flakes. The little Clyte was unawares that heaven was an aisle in the grocery mart.

"'ey," Gabe (Rotten Eggbyte) grunted from one of the slender shoulders, "'ow long y'reckon he'll be dawdling?"

The Candy Cornbyte on the other shoulder sighed. "Probably until we do the little dear's shopping for him. Shall we?" Dulci took to a brief flight, perching on the shelves and looking over the name brands critically.

Aulis whinnied. "So...much...!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:22 pm
As the cart squeaked and squealed on, Georgie began to rock back and forth in the iron basket with mind-numbing boredom. "Trapped like a rat in a cage..." He whispered to himself dramatically. Sneaking one eye back to spy on Slan, who was currently perusing some crazy flouncy green stuff, he made a quick dash for freedom and jumped out from the cart and ran to the nearest aisle.

Oooo why was everything in bottles? There were sooo many. It's like they went all the way to the ceiling! As he gawked at the bright light above him, his little body collided with another little body. With a lilting oomph, Georgie adjusted his bowler hat and gaped at the little boy-thing he ran into. "Ohhhh..." He sang with chipper melody as if it was truly a blessing to be bumped by him. "Why helloo....!"

"Hey Georgie I think you'd l--George?! Georgie!" He only turned around for a minute!! Well he couldn't have gotten far! Forgetting the cart, he sprinted down past the produce and almost pounced on a poor gentleman bunny man. "Oh sorry--Hey.... I know you.... From uhhmm that Hytech place right?! Ohkay I was with Georgie! The chameleon boy? And he disappeared from the grocery cart. Have either of you seen him?"  

Slanndalous

Dapper Codger

HyTech - Julien

Distinct Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:23 am
Like any decent prey, the sudden approach threw Julien into a fit of sharp panic - thankfully, as the blood roaring in his ears ebbed, the...mirroring ears protuding from the interesting hat resolved their double image to the sound of '...chameleon boy.'

"O...oh! Boy George? You must be Mr. Slanndalous!" he recovered enough to extend a paw, "I'm Julien and - did you say Georgie is missing?!"

It always took a second for the disaster of reality to catch up.

-[ .hybrid TECHNICA. ]-

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games