Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Family is Family (Jaci / Vartan / Amaris)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:58 pm
User Image

The sun was bright, beaming and smiling over the frosted field. Each step sounded with a definite crunch, a high contrast to his silently smiling demeanor. Everything was changing so fast, his head was still spinning.

When did his little ones become no longer little? When did his son form such a spit-fire personality, so like his mother? When did his daughter adapt such a love for racing the heavens and time, leaving her loved ones behind? When did he and Taylor become so old, that their children were now full-grown adults?

He sighed, the sound merging with a chuckle at the thought. If they were old, what did that make his parents? What about the rest of his family? He'd heard one of his younger brothers had a brood of his own now as well, though he'd yet to confirm this rumor for himself. Everyone else? No change in social relations... or at least, that's as much as their mother was aware of. Not that that was really saying much, but still.

It was, at the very least, what now drove him to search out others of his blood.

It'd taken long enough for him to decide a time to head out, that's for sure. He'd been too reluctant to leave his family longer than necessary, but without an exact location to where his siblings were... well, a long search was his only best bet of actually finding someone. So he waited, and at last got his sign it was alright to go. The morning he'd awoken to see his children standing at the water's edge, reflections of their sire and dam yet strange and wonderful blends of both worlds, it was then he realized leaving for an undetermined amount of time wouldn't be horrific, wouldn't compromise his already relatively independent offspring.

Of course, he hadn't been expecting Amaris to declare she'd be coming with him to meet whichever aunt or uncle he could locate.

At the though, his ears twitched towards where he could hear the mare giggling behind him, hear her hooves crash through the snow as she pranced about in filly-fashion play. Jaci laughed. No matter how big they got, they'd always be his silly kids.

"Now what could be so fascinating about falling through the snow?"

Snorting a laugh, Amaris pranced ahead, throwing her head into the loving heat that set the world into a thousand mini-rainbows and sparkles. Sure it was cold -her winter coat still bristled at each nipping wind- but at least everything looked pretty, so she could deal with it. Even the nights were grand, what with so many stars out in full force. Though she had to make sure to huddle up extra tight at night... pros and cons of the season, she guessed.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Um... the sound?"

Amaris found herself in a fit of giggles again by her own words, pausing in her entertainment to trot up alongside her father. "What? You seriously going to tell me you've never thought the sound of breaking snow was fun?" Her muzzle crinkled into a grimace towards the thought of such a boring mind. That would be a bit more down his alley though, the more she thought about it.

She may have inherited her father's markings and love of knowledge, but she definitely got her mom's fun-loving outlook on the world.

Snorting a laugh, she pranced on ahead, throwing her head into the warmth being cast down around them, sending the ground into an array of countless mini-rainbows and sparkles. Sure it was cold -her winter coat bristled against the nipping breeze that sprang up every now and then- but everything was pretty, so she could deal with it. She found pleasure even in the frigged nights, if only due to the stars being out in full force.

...okay, maybe she was being just a bit too optimistic, but hey, who could blame her? Pretty things just make everything better if you're in the right mood. And wouldn't it just be a waste then, to not be in the right mood as much as possible then?

Pale green eyes scanned the field, locking onto the forests' edge across from them, their apparent destination. So... apparently, they were expecting to run into someone from their family around here.

She glanced back at her father over her shoulder, slowing slightly to let the old stallion catch up. "Are we there yet?" she mock-whined, smirking when he rolled his eyes.

Still though, the girl had a point. How much further would they need to travel? He was sure he was going in the right direction so..? "I'm not too sure, Ammy. We'll know when we're there."

The strong family resemblances should still be intact, at the very least. All his siblings seemed to hold some version of their parents' markings. The thought had him eye his daughter, fully aware of how she held those very same markings... and that his son did not, though instead took on his mother's little quirks. Still, the family lines were evident in all of them, so they had to be in his younger, still-to-meet siblings as well.

...or so he hoped.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:19 pm
User Image

Someone was giggling in his forest.

Vartan considered himself an expert in the subtleties of his chosen territory. He knew the sounds of otters playing in the water, and the calls that birds made when they sighted a predator. Every day, in every way, he struggled to sharpen his senses for the hunt.

And his senses sure as hell never picked up any goddamn giggling.

Oh, fantastic. Vartan suppressed the urge to roll his eyes. Visitors. Who wanders the backwoods when wolves are out and starving?

It sounded like he'd be spending his afternoon babysitting.

The stallion trudged through heavy snow, feeling his fetlocks sting with numbness, until he reached the pair that were making such a racket on his turf. It didn't take a lot of effort for him to plow through the snowbanks. The corded muscles of Vartan's legs and the heavy scarring on his torso bespoke his heavy training regimen.

"Alright, kids," he said brusquely, not paying much attention to the looks of the snow-dusted pair. They didn't look like they could take him out, and that was all he really cared about. "You're looking for the main path through here; head north, and try to stay the hell away from any canine droppings. River's frozen over, pool's closed, and this isn't a good place for tourists."

Vartan wasn't delusional enough to think that he was personable. Being blunt suited him just fine. He was bad for other Soquili, and other Soquili were bad for him. He just wanted these two to get out of his mane before they up and got themselves hurt.

Brize

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:34 pm

Both grew still as the sound of hoof beats drew nearer. Jaci, ever the protective father, stepped forward, nudging his daughter behind him. Stubborn as ever though, yet still understanding the situation, she stationed herself at his flank, angled so that she was partially behind him yet fully able to see for herself whomever was approaching.

The elder male's ears twitched, eyes steady as he took in the figure that approached. The other's sturdy body was a definite imposing sight, but the muscles also served to highlight his features. The dark markings across his shoulder hit the cord of familiarity in Jaci, mindful of the markings on both his own should and his daughter's. Various other hints - his red toning, the stripped socks, the multi-colored hair... all could also be signs of another bloodline, but the roses around his neck instantly brought to mind his mother with the red and purple flowers adorning her mane and tail.

Was this forest dweller his brother?

When he spoke, the dark stallion's brow rose in question. He thought they were tourists? Hardly. Interesting assumption about being "kids" though - if this youth was his brother, then Jaci had more than enough seniority over him, what with being first-born and all.

"We've come here for a reason," he told the stranger calming, voice matter-of-fact. "I'd heard tell I had a sibling around these parts. Perhaps you could lead us in the right direction, since you seem to know these forests so well?"

Amaris shot her father a look, confused as to why he was speaking so formally. Her tense body had relaxed moment she saw the other's markings... surely he was the one they'd been searching for... right?

"Dad, what are you-"

"My name is Jaci," he continued on, swishing his tail to lightly tap his child into silence. "Our father is Maruis, our mother Neve. Do these names at all mean anything to you?" Even if this stallion was his brother, it was safer to confirm his thoughts before jumping to conclusions. He had no reason to risk a fight after all.

He was getting on in years...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:53 pm
Ah. He saw it now. Discolored ears, and an intricate marking over the left shoulder. He wasn't one to pay much attention to fancy tails and pretty patterns, but he could put two and two together with enough prodding.

"Neve gave birth to me, and Marius sired me on her." Vartan conspicuously avoided using the words Mother and Father to describe his parents. "I see. You're Jaci; the first one to run."

If that shocked the stallion, nothing in his muzzle showed it. One of his eyebrows was raised into an expectant expression, while the wind whipped his long black mane behind him like a ragged battle flag.

"I'm Vartan. What is it you need?"

He wasn't trying to be insulting, abrupt, or even unpleasant. The question simply was what it was. Vartan didn't see any point in stalling for time with pleasantries when they were up to their asses in freezing snow. And he couldn't understand why now, after all this time, his biological brother was seeking him out.

Not unless Ishmael was up to some seriously apocalyptic bullshit. Oh, hell. Vartan really hoped not. He'd removed himself from all that.

Brize

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:25 pm

The blunt fashion of speaking, even after becoming aware of their relation was an interesting thing to note, though he didn't put much weight into it. Not only was it unsurprising considering they'd just met, but if this was the chosen persona of his younger brother then he most certainly was not one to judge.

His choice of words struck a cord, though Jaci did not flinch. It was true, and never would he fall so low as to lie about his past mistakes. They did, after all, lead him to the life he loved so much now, did they not? "The first, but apparently not the last, from what Mother has told me." He shrugged, nonchalant about the whole ordeal. His mother had seemed to accept his apologies for his horrible behavior in the past, and the acts had lead him to meet his mate, gain his children - he had come to terms with his decisions, but that didn't mean he couldn't comment on his siblings' similar choices.

Still though, he inclined his head in greeting, smiling lightly. "It's nice to finally meet you, Vartan." The youth was blunt, huh? Oddly enough, the big brother could appreciate this trait. He straightened slightly, nodding back towards his daughter who now took a few curious steps forward to get a good look at her uncle though still remained alongside her father. "This is Amaris, your niece. You have a nephew as well, Owen, if you are at all interested in such family developments. As for why we're here," he paused, pondering exactly how to phrase his intentions.

"I suppose you could call it atonement, for a lack of better words. A lot happened while I was gone - new siblings being born that I'd never met, fights that have our mother at her wit's end; seemed like a good time to try and re-connect, should the individuals desire to entertain my desires." It was Vartan's choice of course, if he wanted to speak to his brother or not. He had no way to force the meeting on the other beyond what was already exchanged, and he had no desire to offend by pushing for something otherwise unwanted by the other.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 pm
Vartan had no choice but to respond to that little confession with a loud snort. It wasn't that it was impossible for him to be sensitive; he simply didn't care to try. There were more productive things to do with his time, like hitting carnivores in the face.

"Atonement for what?" He barked out an almost-laugh. "Listen, if you think that family being a pack of jackals is your fault, for leaving, then you really didn't spend much time at home. I'm not anyone you owe a debt to. I make my way on my own."

Vartan had no need for apologies, though maybe Jaci was someone who needed to give them. Okay, then. Vartan had just absolved him of whatever guilt trip he'd been giving himself. That was good enough, right? He was being understanding, right?

Right. Whatever. Vartan wasn't nobody's therapist. Marut had made it clear that he wasn't wanted by that family unless he kissed her and Neve's oh-so-perfect and holy asses, so they really weren't his problem. Everyone involved was happier with Vartan out of that picture.

His gaze swiveled over to Amaris.

"You look cold, kid."

So, biological niece. Wasn't as weird as he'd though it would be. No doubt Belial had a whole damn brood by now.

"Understand: if you want to chat, that's fine. I don't have anything against you. But biology doesn't have anything to do with it either way."

Brize

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:10 pm

Jaci listened without distractions or commentary as the other laughed off his words. It was a mix of emotions that met this - relief that he wasn't being blamed, yet perked interest that family could be nudged aside so quickly. The question was - was that Vartan's own personality that birthed this view, or family experiences? Still though, Jaci smiled, "If you see no reason for me to call it that, than I see no reason to push that route." The stallion chuckled, though the sound was a tad more bitter than he intended. "Though I assure you, mother's words did serve to say it's not all on my shoulders."

He shrugged, and added quickly, "But that's all she hinted, she gave no names or specifics. Only that she ask that should I find any of you, to relay she would like to see you again." His promise to his mother now at least slightly fulfilled, he allowed the tense subject to drop.

Amaris, quick to see a new topic was in order, stepped forward with a polite smile on her face. Nothing could hide the prideful way in which she held her head though, or the bold fire that sprang into her eyes upon her uncle's complement. "Thanks. You didn't turn out too bad yourself." Her father guffawed, and Amaris herself allowed a cheerful, slightly smug, grin to spread across her face. Her eyes trailed over hard muscles and vicious scars, ears twitching. "Was it your looks that brought so many battles to you," she paused, milky green rising to meet silvery-red, "or something else?"

Neither chose to respond to his latter words - why be pro conversations if the youngling's words were translated to those of a challenging sort in his mind? Her father was wise to her antics - she had her mother's uncanny sense to not withhold her train of thought, and it was wonderfully paired with her sire's own deep rooted curiosity and lust for learning. He sent her a small glare nonetheless though. He at least had learned tact through his years, something she'd yet to acquire.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:28 pm
"Being born with these looks is the best goddamn thing that ever happened to me." Vartan arched an eyebrow, feeling almost bemused. Almost. The stallion had been pink and violet his whole damn life, and he'd learned, from an early age, that he had much bigger problems than the shade of his coat. "This way, I don't gotta go out of my way t'start fights with morons. When they need schooling, they come to me."

He flicked his tail and stomped a hoof, as though he dared the little mare to come after him.

Vartan would sure as hell rather be pink than some horned, fanged, monsterous freakshow.

"You feeling uneducated, kid?"

It was hard to tell whether the stallion was being teasing or threatening. He wasn't exactly the biggest bundle of laughs around. And why the hell should he be? This wasn't no sparkling field of flowers and happiness and four-leaf clovers. He left that s**t to his dumbass ex-relatives.

Brize

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:25 pm

For a moment, Amaris stood with a thoughtful expression, as if honestly considering taking on the elder equine's challenge. Her flickering gaze could easily be attributed to one sizing up the competition, but the steely reserve behind them made her sudden flash of a smile unnecessary - she was no fighter, and by no means was she idiot of the family and try to prove otherwise.

"I'd like to think I'm quite smart, or at least for my age," she informed her uncle politely, bowing her head in respectful decline to the would-be-fight. "Smart enough to know I'm nowhere near your level. Though I almost pity the fools whom weren't born with my brains." The idea of a youthful idiot going after him wasn't so far fetched more she thought on it, standing out like a sore thumb in the wilds, but why they'd want to once they got an eye full of him was beyond her. Albeit personally, she found no fault in his appearance. But then, maybe that was just because she was just one of those girls who liked mindless races and sunsets.

"Even if I did fight... common sense says don't anger someone with so many scares if they're still living strong and well." The mare shook her head with an amused chuckle.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:36 am
"Guess you're not as dumb as you look."

This time he was definitely teasing. Maybe definitely. His ears had flicked, and the corners of his mouth were slightly upturned, so that was a good sign, right?

"So..."

Vartan cleared his throat. It was obvious that he didn't do a lot of socializing which didn't involve sparring. He had no knack for small talk, and didn't really know what to say if they weren't going to discuss practical matters. Should he ask if Jaci had a mate? He might have just knocked up some one-night-stand, and really, Vartan didn't want to wade into any shitty drama if he didn't have to.

Brize

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff