4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:42 pm
Sleep Trespassing || AIM Log - Toma & Momo

User Image
User Image

The others were napping, but Toma had no time for such a thing. No...he and his siblings grew bigger by the day, and so did the threats to his two favorite sisters! After all...so many creatures might wish to prey on a blind or weak-hearted wild dog pup...

Not on his watch though! Toma carefully 'patrolled' the area around his family's den, making sure everything was well. After all...none of his other brothers would do it. And their father had to stay with the rest of the family. A rustle in the grasses caught his attention and he 'stalked' forward...making quite a bit of noise.

What creature had come too close to the den, and did he need to get reinforcements?

What indeed. It was a wandering rogue that had managed to make it QUITE a ways in so short a time. Finally as it every so often did, exhaustion caught up with her. Wiped out she'd simply passed out where she sat, and now lay. Sprawled on her back with a hind leg twitching once and again, well... Momo was hardly the picture of grace, fore paws tucked to her chest, which was heaving with breaths every once in a while, throat bared (foolishly we might add, given she was no where near protection.).

An intruder indeed! Toma crouched down and bared his teeth. No rogue would get nearer to his family! The intruder was a girl however...so he would warn before attacking. He barked a few times, trying to be as loud as possible.

"Identify thyself, intruder!" It might have been intimidating...If Toma had been older.

A groggy snort was his answer as Momo was jolted part way out of sleep. Disoriented and tired still her voice reflected such as sleep still clogged her senses. "Huh? Wha...?"

Finally her searching, half open eyes found Toma, and she stared intelligently as if she might just go right back to sleep. She had been nearly trampled by wildebeast, all but run out of lion territory by an uppity would be queen of some house of the west or something, and while she'd play with any pup any time that was willing, just now he was barely a concern to her.

She fell right back asleep (or was in the process of doing so).

Toma blinked and stood up. She just...went back to sleep. Didn't she have ANY sense?! You didn't just...SLEEP in the presence of someone who's place you had intruded! It just wasn't right! He trotted a few steps forward and poked the older wild dog with his cold nose.

"Uh...ma'am...You're not supposed to go back to sleep." Maybe...maybe this was strange trickery? But...from a girl? Girls were supposed to be good and kind right? Like his mother and beloved sisters...

"Mmm.... sleepy. Twelve more minutes mom." She mumbled, rolling onto her side and covering her eyes with a paw with a soft, high pitched whine. She had indeed been lacking a little in the sense department.

Drastic times call for drastic measures. Toma snorted and took a few steps back. And then...he leapt on the lady. "I am certainly NOT your mom, m'lady!" He 'oofed' as he landed. "And it is rather time to wake up!"

Well THAT sure was enough to shake her out of her doze. With a great "Oofh!" as the pup landed half on her stomach Momo was UP and awake. She wheezed softly, shifting more towards her stomach while trying to pull herself forward and up with her front paws and legs.

"Ow! I'm UP I'm up! Get up off of me, squirt!" Who was neither truly a squirt nor very big compared to an adult well into a full year.

Perfect! Now that the lady-intruder was up, he coud properly talk to her! Grinning, he removed himself from her (involving some wiggling and a tumble), then got to his feet. "Are you aware of where you are m'lady? And I am sorry to wake you up so." His grin turned to a polite smile. "But it is rather rude to sleep when someone is trying to talk to you..."

"...." Wow, this one was awfully proper. He sounded kind of, not identical to, her mother when she was addressing other pack members back when she'd herself (Momo) been just a pup. Momo tilted her head and twitched her ears a bit staring down at the pup. "No.... I can't say that I am. Where am I? Pack territory or something?"

Without any prompting then she fell to sit on her rump and lifted a hind leg to scratch behind one of her ears furiously, seeming content with it as she angled her body over to do so.

"Sorry... didn't mean to be rude, or intrude. I was up all night running and I was just too tired to pay attention to where I stopped."

Toma wrinkled his nose. "We aren't a pack...but I am part of a rather larger family. And since father needs his rest too, I make sure those who mean harm are kept away while he relaxes." It was simple and to the point. "And though you are a...lady...one cannot be too careful when it comes to one's family." He seemed rather reluctant to use the word 'lady'.

What sort of lady ran around all night and just...flopped about when she grew tired!? Moyo and Asha certainly didn't do that! "I am Mto'manyoya...though most call me Toma, m'lady."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:30 pm
"Then you're part of a pack." She grinned casually. "A pack's defined by size and social rank, not relation." Was her... rather reasonable answer. No one said she was incapable of having logical and occasionally serious thoughts, it was just that her mind was usually on anything but serious discussion. Usually. "Well I'm definitely a girl but I'm not sure if my mother would agree with 'lady'. You can just call me Momo. Do you mind if I just call you Manyo? Or Yoya... or Toma, or somethin?"

Toma blinked...then blinked again. Perhaps...she was right? They were some kind of pack? "That makes sense." He nodded, as much to himself as to her. "Toma is perfectly fine. It took me quite a while to be able to say my whole name myself without tripping over it." He remembered trying to say it as a small pup...that had been failure after for failure for several weeks. "But...girl and lady are the same, aren't they?" He'd learned they were...

Only if the girl fits the part." She chuckled. "I'm more of a... tomboy, if anything. Not very lady like at all."

Momo lowered her leg then with her ear itch satisfied for the moment.

"Tom...boy? Wazzat mean?" Even he lapsed into more informal speech now and again. Especially when confused. "I mean...you don't LOOK like a boy? And what's a tom?"

"Well, a tom boy is someone that's a girl but acts more like a boy? I dunno. I heard it from someone else. I just know that it's used to describe someone very 'un-ladylike', and my guess is 'Tom' is the guy who came up with it so that's it was named after? Maybe their name was Toma." She grinned at her own little joke, tail wagging a bit.

Toma blinked. That...made a scary amount of sense. A very scary amount of sense. "Well...Maybe. I mean..." The poor juvenile was rather lost for words. "But why would a girl wanna act like a boy?" Despite the sense the phrase now made...the meaning behind it left him very, very confused.

"Well, being girly all the time is boring if you ask me!" As if it were the most obvious answer ever, but Momo knew this was a matter of opinion. "Everyone's different, you know? I mean some of us may be similar or have similar interests, but people usually have their own reasons for it, and not everyone will feel the same way about something. That's why we're called 'Tomboys', because we're different from the normal girls. Otherwise we'd just be called... girls, like all the others."

Toma tilted his head, still a bit confused. "Of course everyone is different...Else we would not be individuals." But...her words did make him think of two of his sisters. One in particular. "I think...I have a sister who might be a tomboy." Gaidi didn't really act very...girlish, now that he thought about it. And he didn't really deal well with her...but that was aside the point! "I am rather sorry for jumping on you earlier." New subject. New subjects were good, and kept his thoughts from going strange.

"Don't worry about it." Momo yawned a moment later, glancing towards the horizon. Just that quickly her mind was set and it was time to go, no formal goodbies or anything, just a quick glance and a statement-- "I should be going anyway. See ya!" --and she was off, tail wagging as she left in search of more "fun" to be had.

Toma blinked and tried to talk...but couldn't really come out with anything as she took off. With a sigh, he just shook his head and finally found words. "Goodbye!" Strange, strange girl...very. And with his head held high, he marched back to his family. Well, at least there was no longer an intruder. His family was safe, and he'd learned something strange and new.

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items