[PRP] Winter Babies (Sevati & Rohannon) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:07 am
User Image

Sevati flapped her wings awkwardly, looking about for somewhere to land, so she could revert back to her normal size and rest. All the plants around her were thickly rimed in frost, her breath a floating cotton wool puff that hovered for a moment and was gone behind her.

She spied a white free patch of ground, the thin grass showing up green beneath a small stand of evergreen trees, and she negotiated herself between them, her little form occasionally catching a branch and showering the ground below with frost.

The mare landed, changing size as she did so, shaking her mane and tail out. The temperature was higher in here, sheltered somewhat from the cold air, and she looked around her. This was not a good season to be pregnant, or to give birth, but she was still happy that the love and joy that Rohannon and she had shared had led to new life.
Now if she could only find said father and let him know..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:34 pm
User Image
Obliviously, Rohannon was indeed near by. For, as he had sworn to Sevati that fateful summer day, he saw himself as her knight protector, her prince. And so, for the most part, he had stayed near the meadows that she called home. However, of late, Rohannon had ventured off on a great quest.

For truly, how could he show his lady love his dedication and devotion than a symbol of how far he was willing to go for her? And so, he had ventured into the thick woods that lay to the West of the golden fields where the flowers bloomed.

Unfortunately, it had been more difficult to find a worthy opponent than Rohannon had hoped. He had flown high, looking for devastation in the forest. He had trotted along deer paths, listening for cries of help.

It was not until he found a young doe huddled close to a tiny fawn, her foreleg bleeding profusely that he found his questgiver. She was terrified, but Rohannon's confidence-inspiring demeanor and gentlemanly posture coaxed her to tell him her story. There was a wolf, it seemed, but one driven mad with hunger, whose fur, where it still existed, was matted and torn. His skin, it seemed, was exposed, pock-marked and riddled with scaled skin. Grey and pink and diseased. There was a mad look in his yellow eyes, and he ran with no pack.

Rohannon had his purpose, and he sought out this wolf. He hunted him for days before he caught a glimpse of the cur, and it was truly as she said. The mad beast paced in circles, only a few patches of oily fur clung to his naked, wrinkled flesh. His teeth were as yellow as his eyes, and many of them were broken. And yet, for as weak and diseased looking as the wolf was, he seemed to be driven with a maddened fury when Rohannon confronted him. It was truly an epic battle, as Rohannon was looking forward to telling his princess, Sevati. And in the end, despite a few battlemarks along his forelegs, Rohannon was victorious. He tore free the beast's ear and set for home again, clutching his trophy in his teeth, the epic story in his mind.

When he saw the golden fields - now browned by the early winter snaps, he knew he was close. But where was his shining mare?

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:29 am
Sevati had no idea where Rohannon had gone, only that he had. She had hoped dearly that their exchanged vows had meant exactly that, and moreso now that she was obviously in the family way. Of course if Rohannon did choose to move on after their dalliance she was also fine with that. There would be sadness but she would always remember their time together with happiness and not recrimination. She moved towards the edge of the circle she was standing in, pushing a little way into the branches, a glittering precious stone amongst the dark green.

Sevati realised that if she stayed hidden, if he was looking for her, or was in the vicinity he could walk or fly past and they would be oblivious to each other's presence. So she moved out from the relative warmth, shivering faintly as her hooves crunched into the frost clad grass, her breath hovering about her in clouds as she stamped her feet.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:08 pm
Rohannon strafed the familiar fields, eyes souring for her. And then he saw it - his shining jewel in the snow. She blended in almost perfectly - her glistening white pelt and gold accents against the yellow-gold grasses that occasionally stuck up through the dusting of snow. A proud, triumphant smile lit his face as flittered his wings and planted his hooves in the snow before her.

With a grandoise fluorish, he bowed before his lady, his wings dipped down to the sides. He planted the tattered ear before her feet and, with his head still lowered, My lady, I return to thee victorious.

The ear, layed ceremoniously before her in the snow - was hardly a thing of intrinsic value. Instead, it was bloodied, tattered, and seemed to be nothing more than an ear from a mange-ridden wolf or coyote. And yet, Rohannon presented it to her as if it were the head of some great fire-breathing dragon.

"My only regret is that this quest kept me from your side for so long, but it was imperative that I bring you a show of my devotion, an emblem of the strength that I will fight for you."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:00 am
'And here you are.' Sevati called in a soft voice, when she saw him and he bowed before her. She stifled a little giggle; her Knight - so formal! Especially after what they'd done together..that thought carried her away for a moment, until a cold draught and a small twinge at her side brought her to the present.

'Sir, I see that you have been fighting to keep love and light in the lands, and I thank you for that on behalf of those that cannot.' she let slip a slight giggle this time.

'Rohannon..' she said his name this time, pushing against him, and burying her cold nose into the warmth of his lenghty mane.
'I have a gift for you as well.'

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:05 am
The token left at her feet, Rohannon rose again to meet the gaze of his lady love. "Your thanks are a beacon of light in the cold darkness, my lady, a gleaming tresure at the end of this quests. It brings me no end of joy that my vanquishment has brought your approval."

A quizzical blue eye met hers. "A gift, my lady? For me? Nay, no thanks is necessary, my love. You very presence is enough to bring joy to my life. It is not for the maiden to give any token to her knight save for her favor."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:53 am
Sevati giggled - for it was far too late for this gift to be returned.

'Oh Rohannon, you are funny. If there was a way I could not give you this gift I wouldn't anyway.' she turned slightly, showing the enhanced curve of her belly, the swelling hanging low, and she fondly lay one of her delicate wings over the bump.

'You're a father Rohannon..my Knight, my love.'

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 3:59 pm

For once, Rohannon found no words. His jaw fell, his eyes stared at the now-obvious bulge in his lady love's sides.

His gaze fell to the pithy ear that lay before them, and then, finally, his head raised to meet her eyes. His were misty, filling with water before he finally found his voice again.

"My love.... truly... you could have bequeathed to me no finer gift."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:33 pm
Sevati felt another small round of giggles try to slip out, but she calmed herself, and pressed her nose to his for a moment, warmth on warmth. How speechless he had gone! No more talk of questing, and fighting for her, when all she'd really wanted was him at her side. She beamed up at him, pleased that he was pleased with the news.

'Well it's no torn and bloodied ear, but it was the best I could do.' she teased lightly, and then allowed herself to laugh, her wings trembling along with expression of her merriment.

'We are to be parents..a slightly scary thought for me, but they come from love, and that is what I will give them when are in the world.'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:36 pm

A soft chuckle chimed in with Sevati's giggle. "Nay, it is certainly no torn ear. You have a gift, my lady. My noblest deed can not compare to the gift of pure love that you have given me, nay... given us." Once more, he dipped to a knee, but this time, his muzzle brushed ever so gently against her swollen sides, his velvety nose touching her in a kiss.

"What better quest than the one to raise fine children with my lady love?" He was on his feet again, wings fluttering. "My lady, I believe that were I not already blessed with wings, than you would have gifted me with those as well today. Surely, my heart cannot be lighter were it to to have wings of its own."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:20 am
'Pretty sentiment indeed sir, but your protection of myself, and our family are much to be praised. We each contribute what we can.' she smiled, pressing her nose against his firmly.

'I don't often quest though.' Sevati replied lightly, in a tone that hid just how nervous she was about her impending motherhood. The responsibility! It was a good thing her chosen mate was steady, she'd never been so much. She was all joy at the new lives growing inside her, but when they came into the world they would be in her care, and that was a big thing for a mare whose days used to consist of carefree flying.

'I am glad.' she smiled.
'It is not the best time of year for birthing however, and I've been trying to find a warm shelter for when it happens.'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:22 pm

"Well, my lady, a quest for our kingdom is a quest indeed!" Rohannon responded with his ever-present vigor with absolute seriousness.

"Were I but to have a kingdom like my lady deserves, like our fine line begs. Unfortunately, while I believe that royal blood flows through your veins and mine, I know not where my familial kingdom lies. Perhaps, some day, we can find it, reclaim our heritage... but such a quest is not right for a lady in such a delicate position." Rohannon had often imagined the fey kingdom where his line must have originated. There was no doubt in the stallion's mind that he must be royalty, even if long removed by time and generations. It was only now, however, that he felt a pang of resentment for not knowing this fantasy kingdom. While he himself growing up amidst the flowers and streams and grasses of the Kawani lands had felt no ill will, being a father he wanted the best for his foals. Better than he himself had experienced. He had never expected to become a father this quickly - not that he regretted it for one moment. Perhaps, one day when his sons and/or daughters had grown, they could travel together to find it.

But for now... His ears pressed back as he surveyed the snow-blanketed lands. "Had your searches yielded fruit, my lady? The lands in which I was born was in the bounty of spring when I arrived." Perhaps the winter snows would make their children strong, tempering them for their lives ahead. But safety was the primary importance.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:34 am
Sevati shifted the position of her legs, as standing in one place for more than a short period of time was starting to get harder as she was growing heavier.

'You think we should rule as a King and Queen?' she asked, an eyebrow raised slightly as if she was unsure as to whether he was being deadly serious or not. She'd never really thought of herself as royalty, although Rohannon did treat her like a Princess whenever they were together.

'I'm sure I don't have the necessary skills for that.' she joked. She shook her head at his question. Maybe the winter would make them hardier, but she wanted comfort for when the birthing happened.

'Not as yet, so if you could show me somewhere you think might be suitable I would be in your debt.' she smiled.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:55 am

Rohannon smiled softly and rolled his shoulders. "I know that I was born far from the feyblood of my ancestors. I know that somwhere in my, and likely your lines as well, true nobility reins. And I am certain that were you presented with the situation, my lady love, that you would take to it like a duck to water. Some day, I hope to find that kingdom so that we may live as our blood intends. But in the meantime, we shall raise fine, strong, and beautiful foals."

He scanned the snowdusted field, pondering. His gaze drifted to the woods where he had been questing, and a light seemed to kindle behind his eyes. "In my travels, I had been disappointed by the lack of challenges. I was a knight errant in search for a quest until I found the vile beast whose ear I presented to you. But now, I see, that perhaps my journey yielded more value than merely the sign of his defeat. The woods were bountiful, the thick boughs often shields from the snow. There was even grass on the forest floor. Come, my lady. I shall take you to our kingdom." He said with a hint of mirth.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:29 am
(( Time skip soon? ))

'Maybe more in yours than mine,' Sevati conceded with a smile, patting her side. One of the foals had given a kick, so at least one of however many she was going to give birth to was a lively foal.

'That we will,' she said idly, silently marvelling at the activity within her belly.
'Yes? Please lead on Sir,' she nudged him, taking her place by his side and smiled up at him.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff