Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
I'll get a nice studio, I'll get out of the barrio... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What would you do with $96,000?
  I'd pick a business school and pay the entrance fee
  I'd start my life with a brand new lease atlantic city with a malibu breeze
  with 96,000, I'd finally fix housing give the barrio computers and wireless web browsing
View Results

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:59 pm
So some of you may remember my mentioning an internship at Disneyworld, right?

Well I got my letter in the mail and I got accepted! :]

I'll be in Florida from January until August, don't know the dates yet, haven't officially accepted as I have two weeks to officially accept in.

I'll be working food service in a restaurant, waitressing at the park.

It should prove to be lots of fun and quite the experience. I plan to be able to meet Jonniekinns providing opportunities align, etc.

:]]] I'm excited. I've never lived away from home before. Before I go I'm actually getting rid of pretty much all my clothing, planning on buying new when I get home as I should lose weight and so forth while I'm down there.

so... yea :]

Also: I'm not sure I'll have steady access to a computer as they have computer labs but they're full all the time and stuff and I don't have my own personal laptop.

The laptop I'm on now and always is technically my father's and will be staying here with the family so yea.

When I get down there I'll start saving for a computer but yea can't guarantee anything going down. I'll try to keep you all posted but yea. It will be tricky.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:07 pm
Figures, the one summer I don't get to go to Florida. XD

Anyway, awesome that you got accepted, hope you like it. You have to smile a LOT. They call you cast member instead of employee and you get to invite two or three people to the park for free. That's about all I know from what my friends have told me. I'd take up an invite from Disney to work there, but they would make me a janitor...yeah no for me, unless I really need it.

^_^ Congrats again.  

moonchie

5,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:23 pm
Quote:
Figures, the one summer I don't get to go to Florida. XD

Anyway, awesome that you got accepted, hope you like it. You have to smile a LOT. They call you cast member instead of employee and you get to invite two or three people to the park for free. That's about all I know from what my friends have told me. I'd take up an invite from Disney to work there, but they would make me a janitor...yeah no for me, unless I really need it.

^_^ Congrats again.

That stinks that you're not going. That would have been pretty fun and junk :]

O.o at this time, I'm kind of well aware of what it entails. I've read up on it online as well as reading the four folders of information I've been given over time. It's only up to three guests at a time btw and only six times during your internship.

They only make you a janitor if you say you'll take it O.o You get a list of possible Roles and you choose ones you are 'receptive to' or willing to take and then during your interview they will ask what your three most desired roles are, present you with situations you may have to face while performing that role and then decide from that information. It is not guaranteed to be one of your top three but it is guaranteed to be one you selected. You will also only be placed if they have space for you. The only one that requires more than the phone interview [the interview I just mentioned] as far as I know is being a character at the park. I know someone who was one a few years ago and had to drive up to Seattle to attend a dance and singing audition for it.

and thank you :]

And btw, just so everyone knows, while I'm down there if you provide me with mailing address and the name of one disney character whos autograph you or someone you know [siblings, cousins, neighbor children, etc.] would like, I can probably get a hold of one easily and mail it to you, especially if you will pay postage. I intend to mail autographs to all the kids in my Sunday school class for their birthdays :] Also if you guys have birthdays and want one, let me know :]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:38 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.-. what is the internship for? *doesnt understand what internships are* obviously your not just going down there to be a waitress right? ._.;; that would be silly....

good for you though D: sounds really cool

*Edit

For the record. Not trying to be rude just asking an honest question. o-o;;

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:25 am
Quote:

.-. what is the internship for? *doesnt understand what internships are* obviously your not just going down there to be a waitress right? ._.;; that would be silly....

*Edit

actually that is exactly what it's for. Internships are opportunities to work in a field under someone etc. usually unpaid though this is paid and gain experience in that field. There are a lot of things you can do there but I got chosen for waitressing.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:22 pm
what do you have against the barrio?  

jfm567

Aged Werewolf

5,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Midori Hayashi
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:25 pm
CONGRATS. heart

Sounds fun! I want to do an internship possibly for the Animal Kingdom park when I get older. Love the animals, and I'll be able to see then when I'm off duty, even if I don't work with them on duty. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:30 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Quote:

*Edit

actually that is exactly what it's for. Internships are opportunities to work in a field under someone etc. usually unpaid though this is paid and gain experience in that field. There are a lot of things you can do there but I got chosen for waitressing.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

.-. hmm

well congrats : D

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:03 pm
Quote:
CONGRATS. heart

Sounds fun! I want to do an internship possibly for the Animal Kingdom park when I get older. Love the animals, and I'll be able to see then when I'm off duty, even if I don't work with them on duty. xd

Thanks but through this program you don't really get to pick your park, you only get to pick disneyland resort or disneyworld resort. Like, the whole dang resort and that's hecka big.

@knitterz: thanks, :] I also basically have a guaranteed summer job at the park for forever which is kind of fun :] And I didn't put it in earlier but after your internship other jobs in management etc. open up and it is possible to work there with benefits etc. full time and live in the area. The big reason I signed up for the internship is that one of those possible jobs is planning weddings at the park and, well, more than anything I wanna plan weddings and do the floristry for it, etc. :]]] I'm excited.

@jeffums: it's from the show, In The Heights, the Tony award winner for best musical for 2008. It's really awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:11 pm
Oh, that's so awesome D<

How does one apply for internships? And what qualifications do they look for? (I'm sure it varies, but how was it for you?)  

Pachelbel Canon

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:03 pm
aprilness
Oh, that's so awesome D<

How does one apply for internships? And what qualifications do they look for? (I'm sure it varies, but how was it for you?)

They didn't really look for qualifications. go online to www.disneycollegeprogram.com and you can view an online presentation after which you can sign up for a phone interview, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:16 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Quote:
CONGRATS. heart

Thanks but through this program you don't really get to pick your park, you only get to pick disneyland resort or disneyworld resort. Like, the whole dang resort and that's hecka big.

@knitterz: thanks, :] I also basically have a guaranteed summer job at the park for forever which is kind of fun :] And I didn't put it in earlier but after your internship other jobs in management etc. open up and it is possible to work there with benefits etc. full time and live in the area. The big reason I signed up for the internship is that one of those possible jobs is planning weddings at the park and, well, more than anything I wanna plan weddings and do the floristry for it, etc. :]]] I'm excited.

@jeffums: it's from the show, In The Heights, the Tony award winner for best musical for 2008. It's really awesome.

Oh well. I can dream. heart  

Midori Hayashi
Crew

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:35 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Quote:
CONGRATS. heart

oooooh! :3 makes more sense now! o .o thats really cool good for you.. good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:59 pm
Knitterz
teh sexiful nerdy
Quote:
CONGRATS. heart

oooooh! :3 makes more sense now! o .o thats really cool good for you.. good luck!

thanks! :] so much! I'm so excited :]]]]

@midori: yup :] you can still intern there and yea.

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dr Entropy

6,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:34 pm
LOL @ IRL MEETINGS