Them brats. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowToxic

Heroic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:52 pm
Sorry if this is the wrong location, please feel free to move this thread if it is misplaced.

So, you're just sitting around with your fellow geezers, sipping some fine beverage; talking of the good ol' days when one of them whiny brats come up and upon hearing your age, they go *ahem*, sorry for the language "OMG WUT UR LIEK 18+?!. WOW GET A LIFE!!!"... or evem moar funny - "OMG U ***** I'LL REPORT U."

How many of you good sirs have been met with this somewhat-annoying enemy of us elders?. Do you have any good old-fashioned whomping tactics to deal with them?. Post away!.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:57 pm
rofl rofl rofl I just tell them that hey will be 18+ soon and they will be in our position. * waits patiently for the time to come * twisted twisted  

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

Filia_Nox_Noctis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:26 pm
Noir Resurection
rofl rofl rofl I just tell them that hey will be 18+ soon and they will be in our position. * waits patiently for the time to come * twisted twisted

twisted Ah time, the great equalizer. twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:20 am
mmm, yes. that point in time when they too will have to move out, get a job, pay bills, keep up with car insurance, deal with the IRS.... wait... how's all this good?!
oh yeah We can go into a store and buy booze to dull the pain of our bank accounts.  

Majexek

mizducky

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:46 am
Punk kids are just that and don't deserve my time or the breath (typed letters) that I would waste on them. Their parents should be monitoring their online time and making them do homework or sports or something else worth while.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:54 am
Majexek
mmm, yes. that point in time when they too will have to move out, get a job, pay bills, keep up with car insurance, deal with the IRS.... wait... how's all this good?!
oh yeah We can go into a store and buy booze to dull the pain of our bank accounts.

LOL rofl

NICE  

suavitel2

Fashionable Hunter

7,750 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Veddhartha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:55 am
Hehe, that was good Majexek.

I get this stuff fairly rarely. Mostly because I stay away from towns, where every avi should be either clean cut or 'sexy tough guy' -scratches avi's beard knowingly- Instead of 'hi' or 'hello' I always say 'Good day/G'Day'. After that I'm seen as a gentleman and age is not wondered or terrified upon. mrgreen If not that lucky, I keep as polite and short as I can (Could you please take your one eyed opinions to somewhere else and stop bothering? I'd hate to report you for foul language.).

Or "Your f*cking ugly and old!" - I know. So what?

I'm actually not ugly or that old, but hey, they want you to start fight...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:33 am
My daughter uses Gaia, too, but she can only be on if I'm on, so I can pop into wherever she is and see who she's talking to and that the conversation is appropriate. I've had kids threaten to report me for giving my daughter her ten and five minute warnings (she only gets 20 mins at a time) because I'm "too old" to be using Gaia.

And yet, these are the same annoying kids that send me comments and pms asking me to give them gold or items. Makes me want to reach through the screen and smack them silly.  

virtuelessone

Wicked Bloodsucker

black_kittie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:13 am
I don't even chat anymore, some people are just too annoying to hang near them. Most of the time I just stick to guilds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:46 am
Exploit it for what it's worth. I usually don't tell my age straight off the bat. But if they're the annoying type and they bother to ask, one of my typical replies is "Old enough to be your teen mom. Now go to your room"  

shall she sail seas

Ashe_08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:28 am
NomNomNominal
Exploit it for what it's worth. I usually don't tell my age straight off the bat. But if they're the annoying type and they bother to ask, one of my typical replies is "Old enough to be your teen mom. Now go to your room"

hahaha nice! im not old enough for that. but geez people on here so so damn rude some times. tho people on this forum and a few others r nice. but out in the open is rude. its none of there buiness how old we are and even if i tell them there all shocked cause i act like im 15 lol  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:34 pm
I no longer post on the public forums and stick to the guilds. Its a tad safer far less annoying.  

starblazer66

4,700 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Pink Mint Tea

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:12 pm
All of the young 'uns I run into want to cyber.
And all the old 'ems I run into want to talk.

Is there a reason? xd  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:39 pm
i had some girl ask me what age i played on gaia... i was totally confused. then she told me that she told guys she was 16, then i told her "well i'm in my mid 20's". This shocked her and she asked why I would want to play being that age... i said no i really am that age...
She then freaked out more talking about how she didn't liek to talk to "adults" because "adults" talk to kids and use information about the kids against them...
this was the weirdest/most confusing conversation I have ever had with someone.  

lady leko-chan

Desirable Sex Symbol

Noir Resurection

Wealthy Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:23 pm
Pink Mint Tea
All of the young 'uns I run into want to cyber.
And all the old 'ems I run into want to talk.

Is there a reason? xd

Its because kids know that now a days they can basically get away with anything. Now its a kids word against an adults. So lets just say that there is a guy or gir here all down for some reason and then some stupid little kid wants to do something online well it seems harmless but then they tell there parents about what they did and word goes around and basically the adults look like the bad guys. Now if you were to accidentally bump into some stupid little kid at the mall or something they can go up to some cop and say that you hit them or tried to do something, because they know that there under age and nothing will happen to them.

This is a messed up world were living in. What ever to the good old days, where adults were nt the bad guys as they are today.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff