Welcome to Gaia! ::

GROUP W: The Pirate-Batman Guild

Back to Guilds

A hangout for miscreants, most of whom are pirates and/or Batman fanatics. Common, why not join? 

Tags: pirate, batman, joker, roleplay, hooligans 

Reply Batcave - Batman Forum
Lego Batman Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

neverumindme
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:17 am
I just bought the Lego Batman game for the Wii, and I'm hoping to keep a running commentary of how it plays--like what characters are coolest in the game, and so on.

I hope I can get to it this weekend, but I want to finsh the Lego Indiana Jones first smile (I'm 95% done with that one.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:23 pm
Ohhh, Legos!! Granted, they be video game Legos instead of real Legos, but still-- very, very cool. 3nodding  

r_s_boston
Crew

neverumindme
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 pm
I've done Lego Star Wars I & II as well--very, very fun. From reading the material, you start out with Batman and Robin (all Lego games have 2 characters, so someone else can jump in and play with you as a team). As you finish each level of play as a hero, it sound like you can unlock the level to play from the villian's POV. If it's like the other 2 games, each level has two modes--story and free play. Free play is fun, 'cause you can be anybody you've unlocked. (Heh--I unlocked the secret hidden Han Solo in Indiana Jones: Blaster vs. Nazis!)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:44 pm
neverumindme
I've done Lego Star Wars I & II as well--very, very fun. From reading the material, you start out with Batman and Robin (all Lego games have 2 characters, so someone else can jump in and play with you as a team). As you finish each level of play as a hero, it sound like you can unlock the level to play from the villian's POV. If it's like the other 2 games, each level has two modes--story and free play. Free play is fun, 'cause you can be anybody you've unlocked. (Heh--I unlocked the secret hidden Han Solo in Indiana Jones: Blaster vs. Nazis!)

Ohhh, that does sound like fun. smile  

r_s_boston
Crew

neverumindme
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:13 pm
So far in the opening teaser I've seen Two-Face, Catwoman, Harley, Joker, Riddler, Ivy, Clayface, Mr. Freeze, the Penguin, and assorted generic Lego goons. The opening villan-boss is Clayface. One fun feature the uses the capabilities of the Wii platform is that Batman & Robin through batarangs using the Wii controller as the pointer (target by pointing the remote at the correct point on the screen and then press the trow button).

I didn't have time to explore the Batcave after the first level saved (you have to play the first level before you can do anything else).  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:31 am
As is appropriate for Gotham, the opening was very dark--like being in a cave or the Death Star to compare it to the other 2 Lego games. Robin really stood out with all those bright colors of his. smile  

neverumindme
Captain

r_s_boston
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:20 am
neverumindme
As is appropriate for Gotham, the opening was very dark--like being in a cave or the Death Star to compare it to the other 2 Lego games. Robin really stood out with all those bright colors of his. smile

Ha ha, I can just imagine. blaugh

To be honest, I would probably just play the game so I could unlock all the bad guys-- then be disappointed that I couldn't go on a rampage through Gotham with them all like I would want. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:12 am
r_s_boston
neverumindme

To be honest, I would probably just play the game so I could unlock all the bad guys-- then be disappointed that I couldn't go on a rampage through Gotham with them all like I would want. sweatdrop

Actually, I think if I play far enough, I can rampage. Remember, the box said for every Batman level you finish, you're supposed to unlock a corresponding villian level. twisted  

neverumindme
Captain

Melnoli
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:49 pm
Lego games are awesome  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:53 am
They are way awsome. Now I just need to find some time to play!  

neverumindme
Captain

r_s_boston
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:32 am
neverumindme
r_s_boston
neverumindme

Actually, I think if I play far enough, I can rampage. Remember, the box said for every Batman level you finish, you're supposed to unlock a corresponding villian level. twisted

No way!! If I owned a Wii I would absolutely buy this game then! Huzzah for Lego Games! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:17 pm
r_s_boston
neverumindme
r_s_boston
neverumindme

No way!! If I owned a Wii I would absolutely buy this game then! Huzzah for Lego Games! xd

Well, I still haven't had time to do more than unlock the Batcave, but I'll let you know the next time I have an hour to play Wii.  

neverumindme
Captain

r_s_boston
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:24 am
neverumindme
r_s_boston
neverumindme
r_s_boston
neverumindme

Well, I still haven't had time to do more than unlock the Batcave, but I'll let you know the next time I have an hour to play Wii.

Awesome. Hopefully I'll still be around to read what you say. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:59 pm
I definitely can't wait to get this. I have all of the little figurines from McDonalds. Is the Batmobile the tank from the latest movies or the sleek beautiful one from earlier?  

CatchMeCeillie

neverumindme
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:19 pm
CatchMeCeillie
I definitely can't wait to get this. I have all of the little figurines from McDonalds. Is the Batmobile the tank from the latest movies or the sleek beautiful one from earlier?

Sad to say, I still haven't gotten to poking around the Batcave. I will definitely let you know.

(I got a free Lego Catwoman keychain for pre-ordering!!!!)  
Batcave - Batman Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff