Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Just a Little Family Update (Jaci and Neve)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:53 pm
User Image

Step step, pause, look around -step step step step, pause, look around -step step step, pause, look around ~

It was a repetitious and tedious cycle, but required as the stallion searched for signs as to where is parents had wandered to. It'd been so long since he'd last bothered to even inquire about their locations, never mind actually seek them out himself. True it wasn't the best makings of a son, but perhaps the fact he was trying to make amends now... would count for something?

And so it was with a guilty heart and lowed head that he continued his rigorous search, trailing through the lands of his childhood like a ghost. Perhaps he might as well be, the only wingless -no, that wasn't right. He had three even younger siblings, two of which joined their father and himself on the ground. Not that he could say for himself, he never met said little brothers and sister.

Jaci scowled, lifting his head once again to call out to the wilderness. "Mother? Father?" He'd heard rumors of at least one of his parents out this way, but the old stallion had simply shrugged his shoulders when the dark youth inquired which one exactly he was setting out to find. Pausing once again to survey the forest around him, he pondered bitterly just how difficult it should really be to find either his black and blue father or maroon and purple mother out here amongst the foliage. Perhaps he'd heard the elder wrong, and he was treading in the wrong direction?

Ears flat against his head as he snorted at the thought, he realized then only just how fitting such luck would be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:25 am
User Image

'Yes?.'

Neve stepped out from behind a tree, looking at Jaci, one of her older sons that had seemed to cast away his family ties once he'd got old enough to leave his birthlands. She flicked her gaze over him, he looked well enough, and she wondered why he'd decided to come back this way.

'I didn't teach you well enough the art of being alert to your surroundings did I, you wandered past me twice, I've been following you for the past 5 minutes as well.' she flicked one of her wings, tucking back against herself as she looked at her son.

'So, are you back for any particular reason?'
It wasn't that Neve didn't love Jaci, he was her son and she always would, she was just feeling hurt from how long it had been since she had seen him last.

Sayuri_Nitta

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:48 pm
Despite himself, Jaci jumped lightly at the sudden voice, the familiar ring setting an almost forgotten sense of foolish foal nature. Almost at once he settled, calmed once he set eyes on his mother. Again the guilt came -he really should have come back here sooner...

Heat burned his face, eyes widening in embarrassment when she informed him of just how long she'd actually been present. A sheepish smile graced his features as he bowed his head in greeting. "Forgive me, it seems I've inherited more of my father's traits than I'd originally thought." Not to say groundeds had no skill in paying attention to their environment, but compared to a Kalona... alright, so it was a pretty sad excuse, he'd admit to to that much.

Head raised to its original height once more, he took a hesitant step forward, unsure of exactly how welcomed he still was in these lands. She seemed well, something that was always good to see, and yet he still felt more like a stranger than a son.

"Yes, actually, I am," he smiled, mind again focusing on the present. Clearing his throat, he continued. "It's been a long time since I've been here, in that time I've found someone -she's helped me rethink a few things in my life, especially my lack of family connections." His voice soften slightly as he spoke, gaze falling.

"And... well, a long story short..." Despite the tense air, a swell of fatherly pride broke free, erupting as a broad smile splitting his features. "Mother, you're now a grandmother -of at least two," He added as an afterthought, suddenly struck with the realization he had absolutely no idea if he actually already had a few nieces or nephews running around somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:38 am
A small spiteful streak was glad that she'd made her son jump, and a trace of dark humour showed for a moment on her face. It went away again swiftly, for what was she doing? Her other children were at each other's throats enough, she shouldn't be adding, she should be pleased that he had come back at all, despite how long it had been.

'I see, but she's not with you?' Neve asked, looking about the place for a moment. She would have liked to meet this new, good influence on her son, especially as it had lead to him visiting his mother.

'Eh?' she looked back at Jaci, her ears flickering as she tried to work out if she'd heard what she thought she had.

'I'm sorry, repeat that for me would you? For a moment there it sounded as if you were saying I'm a grandmother.'
Grandmother? Her? No no, she was too young and lovely for that still wasn't she?

Sayuri_Nitta

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:28 pm
Oh. Yes, it probably would have been best to bring Taylor along, now wouldn't it? But with the baskets... his mind trailed, pondering just how he could have handed the situation otherwise. Beatrice could have been dragged down to watch the baskets, or perhaps some of the brown and blue mare's own herdmates would have been willing to babysit. Another grin of guilt as he shook his head with a small chuckle. "No, I took this trip alone. Perhaps, she might be willing to come next time, if you'd be willing." Willing to meet her, willing to even let him come back...

Her sudden start made him blink, head cocked to the side as he took in the sudden change. Obviously something he said, but wh- ah. Her continuation answered the unspoken question, an amused expression crossing his features before evening out into one of delight once more. Relatively speaking, his mother was still rather young to hold this new title, which said quite a bit for the new parents themselves. Still, he should have suspected a reaction like this.

"I'm afraid you heard right, mother. I have two of my own now, still nestled in their baskets." For the moment he avoid the 'grand' words, not wanting to cause a problem.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:51 am
'Of course! I would love to meet the mother of my first grandchildren,' Neve managed to say the word with a warm smile. She was pleased, it was just a large shock, she really didn't think she was old enough to be having grandchildren. And her father, will he was a great-grandfather, though because of how many children he'd had, they probably weren't his first.

'She's with the baskets then? Then I will meet her once the foals emerge,' she suggested, though it was more of a statement then a question really, she wanted to see her, and her grandchildren.

'So your new family is what's been keeping you away all this time?'
She had to ask, after all she'd not known if he was even still alive in all this time.

Sayuri_Nitta

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:30 am
Nothing could describe the relief he felt in that moment, though his smile still light and pleased. He blinked though at her choice of wording, cocking his head to the side. "'First'? I'll admit, I'm surprised -I thought my siblings would have long since settled down by now." He shifted his weight uneasily where he stood, mind wandering again to just how much he'd missed in his time away.

"I'm sure she'd be more than happy to meet you," he nodded in response to her question-statement, smiling to the thought that there were probably few in this world his mate would turn from greeting. "You'd like her though, bold with a definite mind of her own. Made quick work of my anti-social shell when we first met, in truth." A less than summery of the vivacious mare, one he knew did her flirtatious and blunt nature little justice... but perhaps some of it was best left unsaid to his mother.

Ah, subject change. His mouth twitched towards a frown, though he forced a bitter smile to remain as best he could. "They are... part of it," he admitted, bowing his head. "But they are also my main reason of returning, or at least Taylor is. It was her boldness that made me realize leaving without a word as I did... was perhaps the most idiotic thing I'd done in my life." How exactly does one tell their parent their reason for leaving was pathetic jealousy and unjust mistrust?

"True, my wanderings also brought along the best decisions in my life, too, but... to be honest, I wish they'd come under more positive,
'family-friendly' conditions."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:41 pm
Neve shook her head;
'Unless any of your siblings has been having/siring foals with abandon, you're the first I actually know of, that I've been told of. Marut seems determined to be as boyish and unkempt as possible, Maharet is no less afraid of shadows and your brothers..well I would be surprised if any of them let me into their life.'

She gave a small sigh. Maybe it was for the best if her family didn't grow too swiftly. There was still her mother out there somewhere, and if she found out about all these diluted births..

'Yes? She sounds alot like me.' she gave a small grin and then nodded;
'If I knew what strife lay ahead I don't think I would have been so eager to have you guys,' Neve commented with a wry look.

'I love you all, but your squabbles, I think you've all managed to top your Uncles and my sibling problems. I only hope that with age comes reflection and hopefully some peace.' she let out a breath.

'Teach your children well Jaci, to understand each other's difference, and respect opinions that aren't their own.'

Sayuri_Nitta

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:26 pm
Although it wasn't something especially positive, there was still a strange sense of joy to hear of his siblings again. Perhaps it was just the blunt fact he knew they were still alive that made him happy despite the fact his mother spoke of less-than-perfect behavior amongst the family members.

His ears tipped towards the back of his skull though, frowning heavily at the news. "I'll admit, it's troubling to hear Maharet hasn't gotten over her fears in all these years, and that there is no news from Belial, but... brothers?" He sighed, recalling all too well of the feuds his parents spoke of between themselves and their siblings. "Perhaps sibling rivalries worsen through the generations," he added dryly, shaking his head towards whatever squabbles both his known and yet to meet siblings were dealing in. Not to mention his own follies - oh no, he was no more guiltless than the rest of them, by the sounds of things.

Still, it was odd to hear of blood you'd never before met, yet still feel the sibling protectiveness he felt towards his younger brother and sister.

Jaci winced though chuckled nonetheless towards his mother's admission about he and his siblings, finding himself unable to dispute it. What troubles they'd caused their parents... "Here's hoping we can make it up to you then in the future, mother. Hopefully the near future at that."

A thought stirred and he tilted his head to the side slightly, muzzle twitching side to side as he pondered his next question. "By chance... do you perhaps know where any of them are? Even a vague direction could still lead me to them." Straightening, he gave his mother a sheepish smile. "I haven't even met some of my younger siblings, yet now here we are as adults with problems in every direction. I doubt I could do much in light of that, but at the very least I'd like to try and make up for lost time, should my family desire it."

A stab at optimism at the mare's last words, he grinned as he used to as a foal. "Perhaps seeing what has become of their uncles and aunts for not following that advice would be enough to scare the younglings into behaving. Or seeing how it affected their grandmother." He shrugged. "And who knows, perhaps I'll get lucky and when I next come with Taylor and our children, I'll also bare good news about my visit with a brother or sister or two."

Perhaps a bit too optimistic, but in a way... wasn't that kind of needed in family situations like this?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:54 am
'Her sister has been trying to help her I know. I can't force her to be okay, and I wouldn't try. I'm hoping that the more time passes, and the more Maharet sees of the world, she'll realise that she can't spend her life in fear.' Neve give a shrug with her wings. What could she do about anything her children did but be there for them when they needed her?

'I'd like that. I recently put much of my youth behind me and made a great deal of peace with Antony, your Uncle. We fought so much, it was a pleasant surprise that we could actually be civil to one another.' she nodded to herself more than anything before smiling at her son.

'I'm sure they would be pleased to see you in their own way,' she replied thoughtfully.

'But I can only speak for your sisters, Maharet stays relatively close by and Marut passes through every now and then, but she's been nearer to home lately so you might get lucky and bump into her. I've seen little of Belial or Ishmael lately..Vartan and Marut recently had a falling out so I don't think he'll be around again for a time.' she shook her head.

'If you do see your brothers before I get a chance to, tell them their old mother misses them and would like a visit from them.'

Sayuri_Nitta

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff