Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
vegan products.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Medias Res II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:46 pm
I think this is a world issue, I think we need to boycott companies that manufacture hazardous products.

I am trying an experiment. I have no used any shampoo in a week, and I have not used conditioner that contains silicones. I've been using Burt's Bees and Giovanni Direct leave in.

My deodorant which is Tom's of Maine, didn't sit well on my skin and caused a huge rash yesterday, I need to look into aluminum free deodorants, but I LOVE Tom's of Maine all natural toothpaste.

Does anyone else use all natural products?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:02 pm
Yes, its all i use XD

I like Burts Bees cosmetics also.
I use the lip balm, lemon cuticle cream, and carrot body lotion mostly.

I also use Tom of Maine for shampoo/conditioner and i use a special lettuce soap from an organic grocery store near me called Sevenanda.

Although i think Tom of Maine is going to sell their name and company to Johnson&Johnson.

Sweetie wash your hair, even if you have to make your own!  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

In Medias Res II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:07 pm
PiercedPixie2
Yes, its all i use XD

I also use Tom of Maine for shampoo/conditioner and i use a special lettuce soap from an organic grocery store near me called Sevenanda.

Although i think Tom of Maine is going to sell their name and company to Johnson&Johnson.

I wash my hair! I co-wash only with conditioner.

Here we don't have many Tom's products available. The only place that carries Burt's is my school bookstore!

I'm angry, I JUST foundout that my spray gel which is supposed to be 100% natural (Back to Basics) contains cones. I hope I don't need to clarify with a sulfate shampoo.

I might pick up some Burt's shampoo, but trust me, shampooing curly hair is a sin.

User Image

NO POO!

My mother thinks I'm nuts, if I start making my own shampoo I am bound to be yelled at.. horribly.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:09 pm
In Medias Res II
PiercedPixie2
Yes, its all i use XD

I wash my hair! I co-wash only with conditioner.

Here we don't have many Tom's products available. The only place that carries Burt's is my school bookstore!

I'm angry, I JUST foundout that my spray gel which is supposed to be 100% natural (Back to Basics) contains cones. I hope I don't need to clarify with a sulfate shampoo.

I might pick up some Burt's shampoo, but trust me, shampooing curly hair is a sin.

User Image

NO POO!

I can wash it with shampoo, but when i brush my hair it looks frizzy and terrible. Well as long as you're not smelly do your thing XD

But making your own soap and shampoo isnt bad, if anything it smells better longer biggrin  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

In Medias Res II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:13 pm
oohhh, I don't brush my hair - ever! EVER!

Nope, hair not smelly. There is enough crap in conditioners as it is to clean your hair.

I was using Yes to Carrots until I read the ingredients! The hand cream is good though.

Seriously, these companies should not get away with this.

Tom's of Maine is owned by Colgate gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:22 pm
In Medias Res II

Nope, hair not smelly. There is enough crap in conditioners as it is to clean your hair.

I was using Yes to Carrots until I read the ingredients! The hand cream is good though.

Oh is it Colgate? My bad XD
I always like Johnson&Johnson, so did my mom when i was little.
They do use chemicals, but its the least you're going to find in non-organic products =/  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

In Medias Res II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:30 pm
PiercedPixie2
In Medias Res II

Oh is it Colgate? My bad XD
I always like Johnson&Johnson, so did my mom when i was little.
They do use chemicals, but its the least you're going to find in non-organic products =/

It's so true. I feel like such a hippy XD
I don't even wear makeup and when I do, it is only blush that has no zinc and no chemicals at all. Cost me a forrrrtune.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:33 pm
My friend and I are apparently Vegan by Nature. We literally are allergic to almost every type of meat except for seafood. Even then we can only eat it in small quantities with our food. What I had for breakfast yesterday was watermelon, blackberries, and strawberries for breakfast and bean soup for lunch because we needed protein.

I only use organic shampoo. It is called Dr Bronner's Magic Soap or something like that and you can use that as soap and shampoo and it works equally well as both. It doesn't irritate my eczema like most soaps and shampoos do. I get it at Whole Food's Market.

My mother still has me eat meat once every now and again even though I keep telling her I'm not supposed too.

So I would try that if you can find that Soap in your area. I know they might not have Whole Food's in your area so I would try Health Food Stores or something to that same general idea. Or you could import it.

Miyalara

Liv Qorri

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 6:43 pm
I love Burt's Bees. I discovered it about a year ago now that's the only shampoo/conditioner I use. I have Burt's Bees lotion too, but I can only use it now and then because it has a lot of milk in it. I have recently become lactose intolerent, and even though I am not ingesting the milk in the lotion, it still makes me sick if I use more than a little every few days so I've gone back to using Vaseline. I also use Seventh Generation detergent and dish washing liquid, and all natural disinfectants.

Aaand the silver lining to becoming lactose intolerant is that I now drink rice milk and soy milk, both of which are not only lactose free but vegan and full of protein so I can cut down the amount of meat I eat. The margerine I now use is vegan too. The little meat that I do consume is organic, as are the eggs (which are strictly cage-free) and a lot of the fruit and veggies that I eat. 3nodding

If I wasn't also paying for college I'd be buying entirely organic food. (My friends mostly think I'm nuts) sweatdrop

The World Mosaic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games