Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Salutations, Greetings and Introductions Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:23 pm
If you're new to the guild and would like to introduce yourself, you may do so here.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:51 pm
Woo. n.n New member-ness.
I'm a literate 12-year-old. >.>
Yay for Soc.

-M- Mellolicious

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:57 pm
'Tis me, the over-literate 14 year old, with more complex views on every matter than you can imagine. I've been told that I'm argumentative, but in truth, I just love a good debate. So if I take the opposite side of an issue from you, its not necassarily that I actually back that side, I just want to see how well you can support your point. Well then, that said, I hope you don't take anything that I say too personally, as I rarely mean it that way.

(I'm also told that I can be a tad bit arrogant, if so, I apologize, don't let it get to you.)  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:42 am
The 21 year old non-Brit that berates natives of the said language for their lax use of it.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Aloiv

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:38 pm
Lets see, I'm the literate 15 year old smart a** that is also (sadly) slightly dyslexic. My views on literature is that it's not how long or how many complicated words something has, but what style and substace it contains. If I dissagree with you, thats ok. I can understand that, but unless you have an excellent reason and solid fact, my ideas and beliefs stand firm and it's near impossible to sway them.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, horse back riding, anime/manga, and abstract concepts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:56 pm
Well hello to all of my grammar loving friends. My name is Elliott, but please call me by some sort of variation of my username (the only thing I don't like people to call me is "Cloud" just because I concider that a name that only good friends can call me). I am currently 19 years old and I attend college in Wisconsin. I am a biology major and I hope to one day do field research on mammals around the world and document my research on video (a lot like what you see on Discovery Channel and Animal Planet). I am a big fan of video games, skiing, mountains, snow, cold weather, outdoors, animals (specifically mammalian predators), basketball, anime, Chinese and Japanese history, melee weapons, fighting, movies of all kinds, music of all kinds also, swearing, drinking, and having a good old time! If you would like to know more about me, feel free to ask, I am a very open person! If you want to know about me but are afraid to ask, simply read my journal, it reveals a lot to someone who is willing to read it. Comment on it all you want, I love journal comments!  

Shidobu Cloud

Dangerous Millionaire

10,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:17 am
Welcome one and all. I'm honored that you've joined this guild.

OK, some info on myself: I'll be 28 in December. I'm engaged but am unable to be with my man due to financial problems at present. I love anime and manga as well (favorites being Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto and Nightwalker). I like almost all kinds of music. My realworld interests include computers, animals of all kinds and NHL hockey.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:51 pm
Shinobi 1977
Welcome one and all. I'm honored that you've joined this guild.

OK, some info on myself: I'll be 28 in December. I'm engaged but am unable to be with my man due to financial problems at present. I love anime and manga as well (favorites being Rurouni Kenshin, Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Fullmetal Alchemist, Naruto and Nightwalker). I like almost all kinds of music. My realworld interests include computers, animals of all kinds and NHL hockey.

OMFG FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST. I LOVE YOU.  

-M- Mellolicious

Andreis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:23 pm
Holy moo cow!
My good PERSON I have not seen such an avatar ever in mylife!! Well, in reality, I don't see your avatar. Either way, Great goofigus Shinobi that's a large amount of stuff! eek

Ahem.
I, myself, am 18 years old. My name is Brandon and will allow anyone who wishes, to call me such. I have a large amount of acculated interests, but otherwise sit around more than is good for me; or anyone for that matter! Some of my more thorougly practiced hobbies include writing in whatever form I so choose(Poetry, stories, role playing, etc), Drawing, and building/painting terrain and models. Warhammer, Gundam and cars alike.
At the current moment I am experiencing one of the many crippling weaknesses of humanity, fatigue. And thus, my writing and thoughts have diminished to only separated, entirely unconnected sentances at a time. Rather painful indeed.
As far as my own beliefs on literacy...
There should be no rules as far as just life, because there are too many varrying forms of said "literature" and it becomes even less restrictive in Artistic Literature, so a "rule set" as it where, is pure assenine.
I am much more relaxed and accepting of people than I used to be and so my veiws on the english language and it's use have changed as well.
It's actually funny....
Mostly, I disagree with literacy crazed people because they are usually too judgemental for my taste and choose not to stay in company.

Here's hoping I find good company while here!
I raise my non-existant glass to you ladies and gentlemen.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:37 pm
((Er, she's not a 'sir'. Look more closely at her avatar. Hands/arms, more specifically.))  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

-No Artificial Flavoring-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:23 am
Hello all!

I've been rejected by at least three threads now for my habit of correcting speech, and, hope that I will not fall into such difficulties here. That said, I think I shall introduce myself...

Everyone online either calls me Spiffy, or Blackice (long story, feel free to ask, if you have the time) and I'm a literate 12-year-old, as well, Soc. Our kind is greatly diminishing, and, it's a pleasure to see there are still some more of us left. My interests include, gymnastics (I've spend a good 75% of my life doing it), grammar, writing, role playing (the real kind, not, the illiterate version), wolves, canines and felines of any kind really, insanity, reading, making fun of science (which I disagree with 100%), church (Christian...), friends, smoothies and socks. o_o DON'T MOCK MY SOCKS! (haha, that rhymed...)

I like maturity to a certain point. I never let it clash with my insanity though, so, I'll happily join you in a discussion of evolution without ambushing you for your side of the discussion, but, my opinion (along with my heart and soul) shall always belong to the insane side of the topic.

I love to debate... and, often times, my opinions look like I'm trying to start a fight. I'm not. I'm just holding on to what I beleive it. And holding on tight.

+.T.h.a.t.s.M.e.+

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:42 pm
Hello. I don't have much to say except that I'm a literate 14-year-old...  

Yes Em

-M- Mellolicious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:43 pm
>___> Well, seeing as everyone else is making super-long posts, I'll try to make one.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm a literate 12-year old.
I like anime, particularly .hack [Is it .hack or Dot Hack? >__>], Fullmetal Alchemist[I'm a rabid Ed fangirl. C: ], Tenchi, and Naruto. Once Piece is okay, but if I had to choose between watching an episode of it or eating a beetle, I think I'd choose the beetle.
My other interests include video games, roleplaying, killing bugs, hating Neopets, and trying to get that stray cat to like me. A few of my favorite video games are Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, The Sims 2, Animal Crossing, Resident Evil 4, and Jak 3.
I like doing anime RPs, mostly FMA. <___< There's this guy on Msn who always trys to turn our RPs all cyber-ish, even though I've told him about three times that I'm 12. Maybe I should tell him I'm a les-- Wait, that wouldn't work. >__> He'd be all, "If you're a lesbian, then why do you think that Ed's sexy?"
KAY THEN.
Moving on.
>___> I have an older sister who's annoying as crap, too. <__<
And um...
I have brown hair and blue eyes, and... <____< Uh. I like... Pudding?

I didn't use my usual font color because I figured that it would be easier for you to read this if it was black. >___>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:12 pm
Sexy lil Soc
>___> Well, seeing as everyone else is making super-long posts, I'll try to make one.

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm a literate 12-year old.
I like anime, particularly .hack [Is it .hack or Dot Hack? >__>], Fullmetal Alchemist[I'm a rabid Ed fangirl. C: ], Tenchi, and Naruto. Once Piece is okay, but if I had to choose between watching an episode of it or eating a beetle, I think I'd choose the beetle.
My other interests include video games, roleplaying, killing bugs, hating Neopets, and trying to get that stray cat to like me. A few of my favorite video games are Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, The Sims 2, Animal Crossing, Resident Evil 4, and Jak 3.
I like doing anime RPs, mostly FMA. <___< There's this guy on Msn who always trys to turn our RPs all cyber-ish, even though I've told him about three times that I'm 12. Maybe I should tell him I'm a les-- Wait, that wouldn't work. >__> He'd be all, "If you're a lesbian, then why do you think that Ed's sexy?"
KAY THEN.
Moving on.
>___> I have an older sister who's annoying as crap, too. <__<
And um...
I have brown hair and blue eyes, and... <____< Uh. I like... Pudding?

I didn't use my usual font color because I figured that it would be easier for you to read this if it was black. >___>

I totally take your side on the One Peice thing... I watched it once many moons ago and I was like, "Um. Okay. So, he's a pirate made of rubber? Fascinating..." eek

Go pudding! 3nodding Bow down to its mighty power....

-No Artificial Flavoring-

Andreis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:13 pm
Here we learn of Andreis' dislike for the repeated veiw of said 'illitaracy' not being role playing. stare stressed

On another note, one peice is hilarious!! It's so random. xd  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 55 56 57 58 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces