6%  [ 7 ]
Ronin Warriors
11%
 11%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 112

KaleKatsura

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:32 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsrimilHQM

I almost cried when I saw this. I remember back in 1997 when Moltar was hosting Toonami, Back when there was nothing but Dragonball Z, Johnny Quest, Thundercats, and Voltron. Back when the first Evoloution of Jetstream had "Armored Trooper Votoms" and "Record of the Lodoss War: The Series".

In a way, I'm glad that Toonami is gone. It its final days, it was nothing but complete and utter crap. They got rid of Total Immersion Events (T.I.E's), and from I saw, Basically became a 2 hour block of Naruto. But I wish it could have went out better than just everyone leaving. I mean, they should have did one more T.I.E in or something.

So, Discuss:
What did toonami bring to you
What your favorite Toonami show was
What do you remember about CN when it was STILL GOOD.

EDIT: And I apologize about the list being so short, I cant add more stuff into it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:12 pm
I haven't seen toonami in years, but it's sad to hear its fallen so low and that its shutting down too. I gotta blame toonami for making me take the step from a little curious about those japanese cartoons to totally obsessed junkie. Thanks Gundam Wing and Rurouni Kenshin. I was still in the closet when I was watching DBZ and ronin warriors so those series don't count XD  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:16 pm
I would have been upset about the news if Toonami wasn't nothing but Shonen Jump shows that were MUCH better in manga form nowadays. I really couldn't care less about the anime adaptations of One Piece or Naruto, which was all Toonami ever showed these days.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:18 pm
Takarada Kaoru
I would have been upset about the news if Toonami wasn't nothing but Shonen Jump shows that were MUCH better in manga form nowadays. I really couldn't care less about the anime adaptations of One Piece or Naruto, which was all Toonami ever showed these days.

Agreed, that was something that pissed me off. I wish they could have just stayed with the kind of stuff they were showing back at the begining (Shows that could appeal to all ages, and not just children to preteens).  

KaleKatsura

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:24 pm
Tenchi Muyo: It DID make a comeback

Seihou Bukyou Outlaw Star: still awesome.

Robotech: one of the most faithful frankensteined "anime" from the "streamlining" era.

Voltron: really funny if you've seen the original shows, and still awesome if you haven't.

Beast Wars: TRANSFORM!

Mega Man: Soooo campy

DBZ: the dub was far from accurate, but soooooo campy. And the new dub absolutely sucks.

PowerPuff Girls: As much as I like "Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z", I miss the original American version. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:29 pm
Takarada Kaoru

Robotech: one of the most faithful frankensteined "anime" from the "streamlining" era.

Voltron: really funny if you've seen the original shows, and still awesome if you haven't.

DBZ: the dub was far from accurate, but soooooo campy. And the new dub absolutely sucks.

PowerPuff Girls: As much as I like "Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z", I miss the original American version. sad

Which Megaman? And I haven't gotten a chance to see "Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z", But I agree, I miss the Original PPG. And let us not forget, they're the source of my Zeonic Pride

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083  

KaleKatsura

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:29 pm
toonami was awesome. thinking about it brings back some really good times. i remember rushing home so i could tape dragonball z, sailor moon and gundam wing. sigh, i miss those times.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:33 pm
KaleKatsura
Takarada Kaoru

Which Megaman? And I haven't gotten a chance to see "Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z", But I agree, I miss the Original PPG. And let us not forget, they're the source of my Zeonic Pride

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083

The campy American Mega Man cartoon where Rock and Roll were teenagers and Rush talked like Scooby-Doo. Dr. Wily was German, apparently. XD

So those Gundam shows were Toonami originals? That would explain alcohol being swapped out for coffee. (I saw them on Adult Swim, which also sucks now if you're watching the Comedy lineup)  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

KaleKatsura

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:44 pm
Takarada Kaoru
KaleKatsura
Takarada Kaoru

Mobile Suit Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083

The campy American Mega Man cartoon where Rock and Roll were teenagers and Rush talked like Scooby-Doo. Dr. Wily was German, apparently. XD

So those Gundam shows were Toonami originals? That would explain alcohol being swapped out for coffee. (I saw them on Adult Swim, which also sucks now if you're watching the Comedy lineup)

Lol, Yep. Midnight Run infact (0083 MAY have been Adult Swim though). And Adult Swim really DOES suck now adays too. I loved when they were showing stuff like Yuyu Hakusho though. And was almost crying from being happy that they showed Char's Counterattack.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:49 pm
And then Yu-Yu Hakusho moved to Toonami, getting the same censorship treatment that the TV edit of DBZ got. sad  

Keisaku Hakurei

3,300 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Voter 0

KaleKatsura

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:59 pm
Takarada Kaoru
And then Yu-Yu Hakusho moved to Toonami, getting the same censorship treatment that the TV edit of DBZ got. sad

Yeah, I wish they would have just finished out the series though instead of getting clear up to the final battle bewteen Yuusuke and Togoro.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:00 pm
zeonic pride! hell yeah man. those were the real good guys... they just had really bad spokesmen XD

i was loving the original gundam series right up until it got cut off the air 4 episodes from finishing x_x;  

Kairanha

Tipsy Streaker

10,675 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Mrs_Black_Bear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:21 pm
So, Discuss:
What did toonami bring to you - Adventure, a kickass virtual world dream, relaxation, dreams that the world some day be like it was portraid in some of the happy cartoons.
What your favorite Toonami show was - Johny Quest bring him back crying crying crying
What do you remember about CN when it was STILL GOOD.
Johny quest, thunder cats, curse of the black waters, captain planet, Ahhh Real monsters, Doug, I miss my CN!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:37 pm
Yeah, it really did suck recently. DBZ was the best block. Most of my family enjoyed it. It's sad that there really is no good television left.  

Captain Kurse

Celebrating Treasure

11,050 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • First step to fame 200

Creator Nan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:49 pm
I love thundercats, my kids make fun....they like Naruto  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items