Submit

a
  poll
View Results

Safia68
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:00 pm
I need to make a decision...
I had applied for the Disney College Program and had been accepted for Fall 2008...I ended up canceling because I wanted some time at home (I regret that decision more and more with each passing day). Now I need to decide if I want to apply for this Spring or if I will wait till Fall '09. I need to save up money really bad right now and so I would be working holiday jobs and it may hurt my chances if I tell them that I would only be available till right after Christmas. By a day or two. It might hurt it might not I am not too sure on that.
I wanted to be able to do setup Cedar Point this Spring which wouldn't happen if I do Disney. I wouldn't get to Cedar Point till mid-late May. it wouldn't be that bad and all because then I would just stay for Halloweekends next year if I were to do that.
Now...If I were to wait to sign up for the program next fall, I would be able to see Disney World for Halloween and Christmas which I have always wanted to do...And! If I liked it, there is a possibility I could extend through Spring '10. I could if I did Spring '09 but I know that I want to go back to Cedar Point.
There is also the issue of money. I wouldn't be making as much at Disney as I would be here. (At least I am fairly certain to that) and I need to make over 3000 by August (this is saved money mind you. I still need to make all my car payments and the phone bills and what I already owe my parents. As well as gas...and any other books I may want hehe). I don't know if I would be able to make that much or not by then....It's possible....
Oh and lets not forget about the whole college situation...
If I do WDWCP, then it's possible for me to get credits while I am there (I don't know if my college will let me or not...never did figure that one out). BUT...I was interested in transferring colleges...Absolutely no clue where to but I want to...I don't know if I would be able to if I do WDWCP in the Spring or Fall...I get the feeling I would probably have to wait a semester after it before I can...and I'm not sure why I feel that but I do.

Anyways, any comments?

Truthfully I just copied and pasted that so I don't remember what I wrote exactly.
I keep thinking, "YES I WILL!" buuuuuuuuuut....then I all of a sudden think its bad. And I really really need money....So I keep thinking that I should wait till Fall...but I can't guarantee anything about how much I will make this Spring even if I stay here. I know that I will have a job no matter what...Just not how much I will be working there...I know I probably won't have the other jobs anymore (if I get them) after the holiday season. Just extra help for them ^^
And my haunted house job is obviously just that. A haunted house so its only good for the month that its there. Not very much money or work or anything but seemed fun...
Anyways...If I do Disney I then have to decide...apply now online and call for my interview like I did last time, or wait until October 10 when they will be at a nearby college and I think they do the interview in person...not sure on that one.
This is sucky >.<

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:19 am
So I ended up applying again for Disney for this Spring (Jan-May).
The deciding factor was it turns out one of my friends was interested in going and was applying so I figured why not try! It would be so nice if we both got in!
This time around I checked off Attractions, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Hostess, Character Attendant, and Merchandise. I really want the first two. I won't get BBB though because I don't have experience >.< but I want attractions sooo badly. Probably will get merchandise if I get accepted...hmmm...Maybe I shouldn't have checked it...I want something new...Oh well too late now!

Safia68
Crew

Xiphy
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 3:58 pm
Sounds like fun.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:55 am
Interesting interesting... I would say go with the one you want more and forget which one pays more =)  

Redricehobo

sephy_stalker

6,300 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:44 am
wow  
The Nation Of Spam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash