Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Old Topics
The Dizzy Drake Tavern/Inn Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vincent Valintine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:02 am
(Crikey, I go to visit my folks this weekend, return, and the whole place has exploded into a massive scene..))

Blood red eyes shot open. He quickly looked around. Night had fallen on the little town, and by the looks of things, the little tavern was even busier. "Must have fallen asleep.." He thought out loud, before standing and stretching. "Oh well, time for some dinner.." With this he walked down the hill and towards the tavern. He made sure his hood was over his head, and he walked through the door, through the crowd, and to the same seat he was in earlier in the day. He sits down, and gazes out from under his hood at the many people that had arrived.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:34 am
Lyran stirred from his reverie, not quite startled, but feeling his heart quickened none the less. Patting Katily's hand gently, he brought the smile back to his face.

"Yes, yes. It has been some time since I've enjoyed the presence of quite so many beings in one place, and at one time."

Turning to replace his walking cane behind him, Lyran refilled his cup from the still warm tea pot that had been brought to him. Feeling a might peckish as well now, he picked up a roll and broke it in half. As he soaked a corner of the bread in his tea a bit, he addressed the newcomer at the table.

"And do forgive an old man's mind that wanders, good Tinkersmith...uh, Jarden? No, Jarda. No, wait, I'll get it. Ah yes, Jarad. See, I can remember when I need to. Most of the time. But you do create the most interesting items, especially so that they require no enchantments of any kind. I would be interested in hearing some time how came about such a trade."

Taking a bite of his softened roll, Lyran chews slowly, looking about at the hustle and bustle of inn's common room as evening steadily approaches. So many people around with so much going on, it was like a sweet siren song that he had difficulty resisting, but he had many years of practice and so managed to keep his place at the table. So many stories to be told, to be heard. But if he could not listen to tales, the next best thing for him was to tell them.

"You know, this hear, reminds me of a tale. Well, several actually. Such as the Maid of Frelmont, or the Titan of Burdoon, and even the Journies of Tak and Po. But the one it calls up most has to be the Legend of the Kaelwynn."

Realizing that he had been talking away from the table, and at no one particular, Lyran cleared his throat and returned his focus to his tea and bread. Smiling across at Katily, he began soaking his next piece.

"Listen to me, would you? Just babbling along like an addled old fool. That's a problem for me. Get me talking and I'm likely to ramble until an elf would fall over from boredom."

Lyran chuckled at his joke, though for some reason, he did not think the others would take it as he intended. Something in the back of his mind told that it wasn't nearly as funny as it used to be.  

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250

Katilys Heartsong

7,550 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:53 am
Katily was relieved at the at the elderly travelers return to the conversation now content that he was indeed just mind wandering she squeezed his hand tenderly before slipping it out of his grasp to take a spoonful of honey into her tea and stirs spoon making a sweet tinkling sound in her cup.

At his mention of tales to be told her long slender ears perk up. "Oh Lyran, if you do have a tale do share it! please!"
She is surprised to hear such enthusiasm in her usually soft spoken voice but she is warm and content and enjoying the company so there is nothing she'd like more at this moment.......
except................
she glances quickly over her shoulder at the man who had changed appearances and sang so graciously. Lyran had say that some times a little flourish at the introduction could be a safe thing. She wondered if he had been refering to this mysterious man.
She turns quickly back to the table as color flashes through the semi translucent fair skin of her cheeks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:22 am
He glances up at Lyran, "The Legend of the Kaelwynn eh? You have my interest sir." he closes his tome, putting it away before he moves over to join Katie and Lyran at the table.

"I would like to hear that tale, I have heard of it but none seem to be able to recall it. It interests me greatly seeing as...I have personal familial interest in the Kaelwynn." he smirks slightly before glancing at the woman giving her a nod of his head.

The tome rested on the table in front of him, his hands folded over it's black surface. There was something unsettling about the tome, like it wasn't completely right.  

Lacuna Sidera

Enduring Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

FireSpark
Crew

Aged Citizen

8,100 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:21 am
Lyran was obviously a little reluctant, as it showed in his face and the down-turning of his eyes. Even his moustaches drooped slightly. It was a natural impulse for him to want to tell the sotries he had gathered, much as a bird wants to sing, but unlike the birds he was having ever increasing difficulty remembering much of what he had learned.

"Well dear, I suppose I could, but it is getting on towards time for suppers to be had. And I wouldn't want to put anyone to sleep before they've had good chance to eat first."

He tried to grin, to give the illusion that he was being humorous, but he wasn't sure if it was working well. He chewed on his roll some more, when he looked up to see the young illusionist that had been singing earlier joining the table. Apparently he had been overheard. Stroking his beard, and occasionally eyeing the book that the man had set down, Lyran nodded at him.

"Aye, young lord, I know the stories of the Kaelwynn. Though truth be told, many people today would have some familial interest in them. Many people of many races. And it's not surprising that none you have met can recall tales of that ancient race. Theirs was a civilization that was gone long before even the elves built thier first permanent homes, and whilst men were still wandering savages in the wild."

The hand that was stroking his beard suddenly paused, and reached in through the cascade of hair, and then reappeared with a wooden long stem pipe and a small leather pouch bound with cord. Setting the stem between his teeth, Lyran untied the pouch and proceeded to pack his pipe with the dark brown mulch that he pulled from the pouch.

"Well, I suppose I could tell the simple core of the story. So as to not bore anyone too terribly, of course. But first, I believe I shall be needing a tinder from the fire."

With that Lyran begins to reach for his cane, readying to stand.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 am
damecharlie
She looks at the clock and is surprised at how slow time was moving. I surely thought it would be after three thirty by now! Dear me, I dare would have said it was nearin’ four, she thought to herself. She stops to put a hand on Fallen’s back before stepping behind the bar. She leans in and whispers, “Sorry for leaving ya like that, lassie. Perhaps we can get a chance to talk ‘gain lat’r, after the tavern has cleared out a bit, aye?” Shiandria gives a slight nod and starts to turn away. “Oh, and good luck,” she says with a wink and a sly glance towards the mister sitting next to her. She backs off a few paces and address both Fallen and the man, “Please let me know if ye be needin’ anythin’.” Then she goes behind the bar to tidy up a bit and looks around the tavern to see who might need her assistance.

Fallen feels someone touch her back and acknowledges her whisper with a slight nod of the head. Hearing Talan talk of his home she wonders why he seemed so hesitant at points, p'rhaps i've been to nosey She feels as though someones eyes are on them but after a while wonders if it was just her imagination. Takin a sip of her drink she savours the flavour in her mouth wonderin all the while why Talan was so mysterious and hesitant to open up bout himself. She tilts her head to the right and looks up at him through her long dark eyelashes she asks "so how long be you stoppin here?"  

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

YouDubb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:38 pm
Talan chuckled softly and shook his head a little. "You already asked that, though I"m sure it bears a better response." He leaned back a little, watching the room a moment, the old man begining to weave a tale for a group of interested patrons, the cook (She had called herself another name but Talan thought rude to repeat, even in his mind) moving towards the bar after addressing Fallen. Finally he looked back to the woman before him and smiled a bit. "I think I'll stay here a few days before I move on, it seems nice and the company certinly is enjoyiable."  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:51 pm
She smiled and laughed a little, "well i can be a little absent minded hence the life of a wanderer is for me" She shakes her head and takes a sip of her drink "altho your last answer was vague to say the least" putting down her drink she fingers down the sides and onto the table where she traces her fingers over the grain of the worn surface. "Can i get you a drink?"  

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

YouDubb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:00 pm
Talan blinked then looked away for a moment, a little embarrased. "Yes...well....most people don't ask about my past." He laughed softly, then brightened a little. "Well, I suppose that isn't relly important, staying closed isn't good for your health, thats what my mother taught me." He said with a fond smile as he reached a hand to his neck and undid the clasp holding his cloak around his shoulders and let it fall back to cover back of his seat back. "Oh...uh....well...it's a little embarrasing but...I don't drink really....I mean not...you know...spirits." His eyes wandered down to the pack at his side and the flask it contained. "But I don't mind sharing a meal with you, if that's alright?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:08 pm
She chuckled "It doesn't have to be a spirit they serve others but a meal sounds good" her stomach grumbled "and im guessin the ol' belly thinks so too" she laughed to herself i'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on she thought to hersen. She looked round for Shiandria but she seemed to be pretty engrossed in conversation with the lord she'd been talkin with earlier  

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

Katilys Heartsong

7,550 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:18 pm
She watched Kaelwin as he spoke to Lyran and she noticed the tome, it unsettled her to a degree. It was a familiar feeling although just far enough into her subconscious mind that she was unable to put a finger on it. Pushing that aside she noticed how handsome this one was, still doubtfull his appearance would stay as such for long. So intent in her study of him was she that when he turned to give her a nod her heart skipped and in an attempt to hide her startled reaction she spoke three short words under her breath.

"gaibrin aeles dialdor"

as soon as the last syllable was beyond the reach of her lips the fire in the hearth popped and crackled and a sea of sparks shot out at the companies table. Katily sucked her breath sharply and held it waiting to see if any other that Lyran had hear the words slip forth. With the sparks came a small timber or two each having one end or another still glowing with its remembrance of the fire whilst it came.

Quickly she stood and gathered the timbers extending one to Lyran for to light his pipe before tossing the remainders back to their beginnings.
Giggling thinly she flutterd the wings on her back and re settled saying
"Lyran the fire sprites answer to your bidding! A great tale it must be to command such attention"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:24 pm
"Oh....sorry, normally people think of spirits first when they say drink." He laughed weakly and followed her gaze to Shiandria who seemed to be listening to the old man's story. "Hmmmm...." With a nod, Talan reached down into his back and pulled out half a loaf of bread and a small knife. "Would you like some of this bread while we wait?"  

YouDubb

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:33 pm
Fallen smiled "It's not a problem Talan I didn't take offence" He seems so unnerved i wonder what's wrong "well if you're offering it would be rude to say no"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:45 pm
Smiling, he slices off a generous peice and hands it to her before cuting a slice for himself and taking a bite. A small smile crosses his lips as the taste explodes across his tounge. The bread was surprisingly warm, as if it had only just been pulled from an oven and had a hint of nuts as well and almost melted in the mouth. His smile spread slowly across his face and his cheeks colored slighly as if warming up from coming in from a cold day outside. He did pause a moment when the fire sent a spray of sparks to the tables nearest it. He knew it was magic, he didn't have to hear the words spoken to invoke the effect. He could sense it, almost feel it in his heart. His gaze turned to winged woman for a moment then looked back to Fallen.  

YouDubb

FallenSammy

Invisible Disaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:00 pm
She takes the piece of bread he offers her and takes a bite. The taste is divine and she smiles as it warms her. Fallen followed his gaze over to the fire and the winged woman... she's beautiful. Turnin back to Talan she smiles "this bread is... is gorgeous i canna explain it... there are no words" She takes another bite and savours the flavours, smiling at Talan  
Old Topics

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff