(( Tues posts in indigo, mine in brown just to keep straight. ))

It was sight again. Why was it always sight? Of all the powers with which she had been endowed, her lack of control over her constantly revolving senses frustrated Hamsakili beyond belief. Just because mortals took their senses for granted more often than not, why did she have to be punished? She understood the treasure that was every whistling note of the wind in your ears; every twist of pebbles beneath your paws; every succulent taste of meat on your tongue; every waft of sweet floral breeze inhaled; and of course, every ray of sunlight as it poured through the clouds. Why did she have to go even a moment without them, just because some mortals didn’t understand the gift they were given? Snorting impatiently, she petite lioness stumbled into a barren bush before having to take a few steps back again. Typically, her godliness gave her enough poise that she didn’t run into things, but her mind was distracted. Again.

There was no reason to be in a sour mood. It wasn’t as if any of this was new to her. Casting her blind orbs around, the clouded gray pupils saw nothing and yet she still appeared wholly aware of her surroundings. Her other senses were amplified enough that she could survive, even if she wasn’t completely happy. She had no six sense, that wasn’t her realm, so she had to rely on the remaining four while the fifth was absent. Sighing heavily, she flicked her tail (which appeared like a typical lioness rather than its usually fluffy state) and attempted to stubbornly push through the bush, rather than around it.

Ngala'leli was happy the landscape was dry again. After having been forced to deal with rain and mud in many instances, the hot weather was a relief, even though her coat absorbed every sun beam. But now she could lope at an easy, time efficient pace as opposed to slogging uselessly and wasting all of her energy. Perhaps in a few day she'd be cursing the heat. But for now, she was content.

The dark female flipped her ears foward and turned her dark gaze off to the side. She had thought she had heard something...it was hard to miss, considering the shrubs were rustles as if they had a cold. Someone was there. She stopped soundlessly, her body hesitating. She wanted to wait to see who it was. If it was a threat...well, she'd manage. She was on her own, to be sure, but she took care of herself pretty well. She didn't see how this would be any different.

Growling, Hamsa swiped at the rustling branches with on paw, “Damn bush!” It was no use going through it, it was bigger than she had originally assumed. Exhaling, her face dropped a bit in defeat as she took a few steps back and angled herself to go around it.

It was about then that she became aware that she wasn’t alone. It wasn’t because of any single sense, but a mash of all remaining four. She could smell the canine, though she odor wasn’t particularly strong, and she could hear the very soft sounds of her breathing (maybe even her heartbeat if Hamsa concentrated hard enough). After a few moments, the goddess swallowed her initial apprehension of mortals and inhaled, “I apologise for my outburst.” There, even if she was wrong and no one was there, she felt better.

Leli stared at the lioness with vague curiosity. It was mainly because her actions were so very fruitless. Charging through the brush seemed rather...well, counter productive. You'd expend far more energy going through than around, even if it was a longer distance. But her mind was always calculating such things, so she didn't really think that the lioness might not.

"I don't see how it's any of my business," she replied simply, "So your apology is groundless." Why would she be upset about an outburst? Sure she found it a little bit amusing (and proving her calculations right), but nothing more. It certainly didn't get in her way at all.

For a few moments, the goddess stared at her without really looking at her, of course. She couldn’t, honestly, believe her ears. That was certainly not the reaction she’d expected. Still, rather than get angrier about it, the lioness emitted a short explosion of laughter and shook her head, “Well, I suppose I see your point. “ She inclined her head in a respectful nod.

Frowning, she tilted her head and wondered over if she should introduce herself. Hamsa didn’t dislike mortals, but she didn’t particularly feel comfortable around them either. Bristling a bit at her own indecision, she hesitated before offering tentatively, “I’m Uoni.” No use giving up real names, now was there?

Name offering, such a mundane ritual. But it was one she took part in willingly; one of the few. But often the information she gained was stored away and found to be useless. But she was used to it. So she replied quickly, almost thoughtlessly, "Ngala'leli."

She continued not long afterwards, her voice mildly curious, "So, you're blind are you? You'd think...without your sight, you'd avoid obsticals, not plow through them." She was blunt and knew it wasn't the style of most. But she wasn't going to change her ways for no reason. Being direct had never seemed flawed in her eyes. The guess about the lioness's sight had been made, on the other hand, due to past experience. She had met a blind lion before. He had talked to her much the same, without eye contact.

Who exactly had she stumbled across, for Mkodi’s sake? Was the child touched in the head? Hamsa pulled a face, nostrils flaring slightly as her head pulled back a fraction in surprise. She supposed she should refer to the dog by her fullname, since she wasn’t offered any shortened version. Taking a breath to reign in her unusually short temper, the lioness bit her tongue from expressing just why she was irritated and thus attempting to destroy the scenery. No, she didn’t want to be one of those Gods, running about exposing herself to everyone. Besides, she doubted very much that it’d affect this one at all.

“Do you always avoid challenges in your life, then, Ngala’leli? Or do you ever attempt to overtake them?” She snorted before shrugging, “Besides, I needed to smack something. It was there.”

"Needless challenges? No," She replied with her own harsh breath through her nose. There was a difference between character growth and wastless agression. But she offered no more on it on the subject. It didn't seem like the lioness would agree with her. And that was ok. Life was like that.

"Needed something to smack? Surely there is a more productive solution to whatever your real problem may be," she offered logically. Offering her advice wasn't a habit, but stating her opinion? That was another matter entirely.

She could feel the growl bubbling in her chest, but squished it into silence before the rumbling sound could erupt from her chest. Her lips were pressed together in the attempt, which she managed to turn into a grim-faced smile. At least it was something. Gritting her teeth, she tried to figure someway to bow politely out of this little interlude before she did something drastic like steal the wild dog’s sight away for awhile just to make a point.

Point being that she was pissed, of course, but because there was no logical reason, she refrained. “Pray tell, dog, how might one remedy being newly blinded?” She leveled her gaze in the best direction that she could figure was the canine’s face, “If you have a solution, please share it.”

"You adapt," she replied, "That is all you can do. But practicing that is still more...productive than taking it out on a bush." It was all she could offer. She couldn't cure blindness and she certainly didn't envy those who had it. But she didn't pity those who just moped about it either. It got nothing done and did nothing to help.

"I won't claim I can understand," she continued just as honest as always, "But that is my opinion." If she were blinded right then and there, would she adapt? She told herself she would try at the very least. Whether or not that was the truth it was hard to say. But there was only so much an observer could do.

Feeling a bit like her poor mood had got the better of her, Hamsa appeared thoughtful for a few moments until her facial features relaxed. She had to grudgingly concede the point to the wild dog, even if it was annoying to have to ‘adapt’ so often. Flicking her tail, she tilted her head as she had before in a consenting nod, “Touche, Ngala’leli.”
Hamsa decided that a bit of blunt honesty would do to get her out of her rut, even if she didn’t care to hear it from a mortal. All the same, what was said was said. Arching a brow, she turned her sightless eyes in the direction of Leli to drawl through a sideways smile, “I certainly feel enlightened.”

Leli huffed a laugh, shaking her head a little. Well, that was certainly a turn. It had almost seemed as if the lioness was going to get angry. It was interesting to see the situation change. She hadn't had much experience with angry individuals. Most she had met had been sickenly sweet or content. It was almost a relief to see the opposite for a time.

"I'm glad my words were more helpful than was intended," she offered, a little grin almost quirking at th corner of her mouth. She certainly respected this lioness more than most she had encountered. Blissful innocence...it just grew so old.

"About as helpful as a kick in the head." She admitted, the smirk still curling her lips ever so slightly as she shook her head and chortled. This was certainly turning out to be a more interesting day than she had expected. At least she wasn't going to be ripping apart anymore shrubbery, she supposed. Exhaling, she arched her eyebrows at Leli and shrugged,

"You certainly are blunt." Obvious observation, wonderful job Hamsa. Admittedly, she was still feeling mildly flustered. "Has anyone ever smacked you around for it?" An honest inquiry, Hamsa looked a bit amused at the idea.

"Hmph, not as of yet," Leli snorted. Most were either too oblivious or too polite to get upset by her directness. None were the violent type to take out their frustration on her. Most, if upset, just left. Violence had never been a problem before.

Not that if it came down to it she'd be sorry. "I can hold my own alright," she added. Wandering on her own...she had to be able to hunt by herself and keep herself safe. She didn't claim to be strong enough to fight a lion or other beast, but she knew she'd manage some how, if only to get safely away from an unfavorable situation.

“There are some that strength nor agility will save you from.” She leveled her gaze once again, but the smirk was still present. It was a fair-hearted warning that she knew would fall on deaf ears if the wild dog didn’t catch her meaning. There was little one could do against a wrathful god. But, then again, how many of those did mortals often come across? Perhaps it was a heedless warning all the same.

“Ah, but surely I speak to the Achilles among dogs; courageous, stubborn and brutally honest.” Smiling, Hamsa shrugged with a chuckle, “I trust you can hold your own well enough. You’re still here, aren’t you? You certainly don’t sound like a pup. You’ve survived this long.”

Leli rolled her eyes at the assumptions. It was true she knew nothing of gods, so they did not factor into her mental equation. But she certainly wasn't going around looking for trouble or pretending it didn't exist, like some. She knew her own limitations and she was confident in what skills she had. That was good enough for her.

"I simply meant I won't just let someone smack me around, the out come of any real confrontation would rarely be in my favor and that I am aware of. But I am simply being practicle; no use letting someone take out their anger on me needlessly. But, the situation has yet to come to that. Take from that what you wish," She shrugged mildly.

Hamsakili nodded slowly, bemused that her warning was obviously not taken for what it was worth. Not in the sense that she had intended, anyway. Obviously, she wasn't speaking to any superstitious old dog. Still, she kept her face turned towards her acquaintance as she spoke. She did sound intelligent, whether she was honest or not, Hamsa assumed she had enough wit about her not to stick around if the going got tough. Then again, what did she care? A mortal was a mortal was a mortal.

Shrugging, she inclined her head to one side as she replied, "I take from it enough."

Leli watched the lioness again for a moment, her gaze slightly critical. But soon she shrugged again, swishing her tail as she turned her body a little in the direction she had originally been headed.

"Well, I'll leave you to your bushes then," she commented with dry humor, glancing back briefly with a flick of her tail before preparing to head out again. She wouldn't know she had met her first goddess, but sometimes things were better left in the dark. Though, being one to value knowledge so highly, it was something she'd never admit aloud.

The lioness laughed outright at the wild dog's farewell, turning her own body in what she hoped was the opposite direction as she heard the shifting of Leli. She wanted to escape to the skies for a little while as soon as she found some secluded spot where she might remain unseen. Nodding as she chuckled, she called in return, "Don't expect them to be here if you pass by again."

There was no warm goodbye. They hadn't exactly become friends, even if the interaction had considerably lightened in the end. All the same, Hamsa was leaving in a better mood and that was more than enough for her.