[PRP] darkness even in daylight [Alaska & Amatsila] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:42 am
User Image The sun was shining quite brightly, though one mare wouldn't think so as her milky what eyes stared blankly forward. She stood under a tree for the moment before stepping out into the sun, letting it shine off her dark blue coat and frosted black and face. Turning her head upwards toward the warmth of the sun, her eyes closed, her curly mane falling a bit against her shoulders. It's green sparkled gently like it was jewels instead of actual hair. Her tail was the same, shaking her head, Alaska as the mare was deemed started walking again.

"Such a warm day." Alaska smiled to herself as she walked, "Maybe more will like this weather better then the snow."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:59 am
User Image

Amatsila was wandering aimlessly around soquili lands. Sniffing different plants, and choosing which one to place into her hair. It was a bit tough to place them in her mane, so her tail was all she could really design. The aqua mare gazed up at the sky, beautiful as always. The sun well in the sky and was quite in the middle. Her days flew by fast. Trees were growing here and there, she wasnt quite in the forest, where she liked to be hiding, but she was close to it. Different scents ran through the air and she smiled. She could identify the different flower types if she really wanted to. Then a lively scent reached her nose, it was not just any flower scent like she is use to smelling. It wasnt any two-leggers cooking pot. She searched left and right for anyone nearby. Ready to bolt off into a bush and hide. Her ears were erected fully and she waited. From far, the dark blue really bounced off the healthy green grass. It was....another soquili. Rather dark blue, and from her view, she could see it had a green mane. There were other details about this one, but Amatsila was too far off to see.

The mare panicked a little, woudl this one approach her? She did not know, but she was sure not the type to stand around for a conversation. Her shyness often took over once another soquili appeared. What should she do?

Alice says RAWR

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:13 am
Alaska stopped and looked around, it felt like someone had caught her movements and was watching her. Head turning from side to side, she tried to pinpoint where this other was standing, but no sounds came to her. The winds rustled her mane a bit making it dance and the curls bounce annoyingly. Shaking her head, eyes closing she took a breath to calm herself before opening them again to stare blankly.

"Hello?" She called, her tone warm, dispite where she had come from, "Is anyone there?"

Head turning again she looked in the opposite direction of the mare at first before turning to look in her direction, tail twitching, Alaska was hoping she wasn't just nervous about this land. She was lonely and missed her frozen home where she had lived for most of her life, here she had some trouble coping with the heat and the lose of her friends.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:25 am
The other one shook its head, was she hinting something to her? Amatsila did not know. In her mind, she had tried to build confidence, to step up to others and at least say hello. However, most of the time it was the other one who started the conversations. A 'hello' echoed around them. The bids in the trees rustled the leaves and then took off in their own direction towards the sun. Amatsila coudl tell this was a mare's voice. So this soquili was a mare, however did the 'hello' come from her? Nothing else was around, so it must've been her but who knows. Maybe some bug was talking to her in her ears. She hestitated but then stood up straight and felt a tad confidence raise up. Picking her steps carefully, to not step on any plants, she walked towards the soquili. It was a mare indeed. So the hello was from her, or as she assumed. Amatsila kept her mouth shut and waited for the mare to adknowledge her, as she had no guts to say anything. This mare, her eyes, they were pale and...almost lifeless. Lifeless in a way that made Amatsila curious about her eyes. They had no....pupils. Maybe there was but it had to be white or light light gray, because Amatsila sees two white orbs. She couldn't tell even which way the mare was gazing at if she didnt move her head.

This was definetly new.

Alice says RAWR

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:35 am
Ears standing tall on her head, Alaska's head turned gently in the direction that she heard the soft steps of someone. Well it certainly was a quite one at the very least, still no sounds other then the steps came to her ears, though she could feel the eyes of the other gazing at her. She had to wonder who or what this other was, from the scent she could tell it was soquili, but other then that she was clueless.

"Hello?" she asked again, hoping that this stranger would speak and not leave her hanging one what it was. "my deem is Alaska, who might be here?"

Alaska's eyes were indeed blank, no pupils laid within the whiteness of the orbs. It would be very hard to tell if she was gazing at anything, the only way to tell is if her head was turning in their direction. Her ears flicking a little she waited silently to see what this other would do. A pale hoof dug at the ground beneath it before resting at ease. The lace markings about her lower leg showing out against her dark blue coloring. She was a strange sight to behold if one hadn't seen anything like her before...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:05 am
Amatsila stayed silent for a moment before responding back with a soft voice. "Hello there." She looked the mare over, she seem to be looking at her. So she did see her right? However, the other mare seem to be question whos there rather than saying 'you there'. Her mind couldn't quite understand why. Why is this mare questioning when she was right there, "I'm over here." she added lightly seeing that maybe this mare...had problems? No, thats rude to put it, problems is not how she should put it. This mare was simply different, unique like every others. Amatsila really like the gold necklace and the lace patterning on the mare's legs. She had wanted to comment on them, opening her mouth to say something. Then shutting it thinking she should let the other mare take a moment to realise she was there. "Are you....alright?" she asked sweetly, not hopign to offend anyone. Feeling proud over herself for speaking, she smiled. "I didnt mean to be rude...." she tried her voice again. It's good she was mumbling like she always would at first in a conversation. Looks like meeting Spinel was a life-changer. How, she did not know. Her heart still pumped a little faster, since she wasnt sure if this mare was safe. She looked calm and safe, however, looks can be decieving. Her heart sunk at the thought of a disguised kalona or some evil spirit, which is what she often feared.  

Alice says RAWR

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:18 am
So there was someone there and she wasn't speaking to herself, a smile came over Alaska's muzzle as she nodded in the other mare's direction. Turning a bit she would size up the mare, well... Would if she had the ability to... Closing her milky eyes, she thoughts over the mare's questions, was she alright? As far as she had known, she was alright.

"Of course I'm alright." Alaska smiled, "Just being away from home and familiar surroundings has dulled the senses a little. And you haven't been rude, just concerned which is only natural." she nodded as her milky eyes opened again. "So don't worry. Being unable to see has it's charms and downfalls like everything else," She paused a moment, "Perhaps I said too much..."

Ears falling back a little, Alaska tried to rethink what she had said. Perhaps spouting that she was blind was a bit over the edge. But she surely wasn't any bad spirit or anything like that. Raising her new a little she sniffed at the air to get the scent of the mare, she could smell the flowers around them more then anything else. Blast, cursed be the petals that gave off the sweet scents to cloud her thinking.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:35 am
The other mare had smiled, so she put a smile on her face as well. Hoping to show she was friendly too, as this mare seem to be. Wait, she could not....'see'? How was that possible. "You can't see?" Amatsila hopped from hoof to hoof to check if her eyes followed, then again, she had no pupils, so how can she tell? This was truly a discovery. Never in her world had she met anyone who could not see. Amatsila stepped a bit closer, hoping not to disturb the other one. Looked deep into her eyes, and she retreated. Silently thinking in her head, that she coudl not see so did she not need the other parts of her eyeballs? Which was why she had blank ones? It was all too complicated for a simple mare to understand. Amatsila rummaged through her head with something nice to say. "I've never met....a mare who does not have sight." she spoked softly. Since she could not see, how coudl she get around? Amatsila guessed that maybe if a soquili did not have the power of sight, perhaps all her other sense were much more powerful then regular soquilis and thats how she got around.  

Alice says RAWR

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:48 pm
Alaska's ears followed the others steps more then her head as they were her primary source of knowing since her sight was taken. Though she was puzzled by the way the mare's voice carried the surprise. Weren't there other mares here that couldn't see? Surely someone else wasn't able to see the flowers and whatnot around them.

"Yes, I can't see, my sight was taken years ago." Alaska nodded letting her eyes close. "Though I would have thought you would have met someone else who is unable to see as well... Are there none around like this?" her head tilting to teh side a little, her mane shifting with the movements.

Well this was puzzling, this land seemed stranger then her own indeed. Where she came from, there were a few that couldn't see, but that happened with old age and being out in the cold too much. Still... She wondered if everyone she met would be this surprised... She hoped not, she wouldn't want everyone to fuss over her.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:04 pm
Amatsila stood and thought about it for a little while. No she had never met anyone else that could not see. "I have never met any other soquilis like yourself. You are very unique indeed," she nodded. This one sounded like she had no met many, perhaps she was new to these lands? Amatsila felt very comfortable around this mare. She couldn't see, and she found that very relieving, as if no attention was on her, no pressure. She smiled, but only wish that this mare could see her smile and happiness. Perhaps this soquili wouldnt be so hard to make friends with. However, rudeness could suddenly appear out of no where. Just because she is blind, and seems nice doesnt mean she is all sugar and sweets. "If you do not mind, how was your sight taken years ago?" she liked to learn about others. Learn their past and mistakes and all that. So she wont repeat it in her life, it was a rather wise choice.

She tiled her head with the mare, causing her curls to sway to one side. They both had curly mane and tails, that made Amatsila feel rather...fit in. As well she was awfully timid and shy, this mare could not see. Different from all other soquilis she has met. So another thing in common? Amatsila made sure to keep an open mind for this mare, anything is impossible. On the mare's back, it looked as if....snow had landed on her. Amatsila looked up and around, nope no snow. It was summer, rather hot season of the year. Perhaps this 'snow' on her back was actually a patterning.

Alice says RAWR

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:18 pm
A brow raised a little as the mare spoke of not meeting anyone like herself, weren't there other blind Soquili around? Perhaps, but this one didn't sound like the type to go searching. From the sounds of their voice she sounded shy, one to keep away from most of the population. Alaska coudl deal with remaining alone, she had for this long, but at times a friend or two wouldn't hurt. At least she didn't think so anyways.

"That's a good question, one that deserves an answer." Alaska nodded, "It was a long time ago, back when I was a foal. I was caught in one of the worst blizzards I could remember, My eyes were frozen closed because I couldn't stop crying. I had wandered a long ways away from my mother and was hopelessly lost. Something found me, I don't know what, but it was warm and sounded caring.

The creature asked if I was alright, I has said no. It asked if I wanted warmth and I said yes. The creature wrapped itself around me and kept me warm all night. When morning came, it was gone and I was left along, my eyes opened but still everything was in darkness. Back then I came to blame the creature for taking my sight as a trade for warmth that horrible night. Now I'm not so sure."

She finished her small story about how she lost her sight. Now a days it sounded corny, but what she spoke was the truth, and she still searched for the one that had kept her warm that night years ago. But up till now she had had no luck and was starting to think that the creature had left the world for the next without even saying anything. Breaking from her thoughts, Alaska turned her attenion toward the mare, she wondered of how she was going to take the story. With good graces Alaska hoped...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:38 pm
With every word, she nodded. She did not see the blindness as a bad thing. "I think what you have is a blessing...." she let a moment of silence fill in as she thought about it for a moment. "In nature itself, we all judge things by how they look like," Amtsila added slightly afterwards, a bit ashamed of herself since she wlasy judged things as frightening before she got to know them. "With your eyes, you will be able to hear and learn about them and not judge them by the outside. That is the beauty within." Such words, she did not know where it came from. However, she believed it was true. Amatsila believed her story. "Maybe the creature who took your sight was a god, to bless you..." Not sure if her theory would piss off the mare or not. Amatsila flattened her ears and waited, wishing for the best of the best.

"Your other senses.....they must be strong since you have no sight." Returning her smile and erected ears. She hates to lie, so honestly was really what came out of her mouth. The truth was always the best. Amatsila wanted to try this 'blind' for herself. She closed her eyes and let her ears tell her everything, let her nose tell her everything. It was beautiful seeing the world with your eyelids shut, she had closed her eyes and often 'watched' the lands around them that way. Besides the color and the beauty of how the land looked, but also the noise and the feel was what made everything come to life and feel alive. She sighed. Was this a way to rid of her shyness, simply close her eyes and erase all attention and simply, listen.

Alice says RAWR

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:17 pm
Alaska listened to the mare as she spoke of her blindness being a blessing instead of a curse and that teh creature that might have taken it was a god. Now she wasn't too sure about it, but she had to agree that without her sight she didn't judge those on how they looked, it was mostly what she could hear or smell about the soquili or human she judged on. As far as she could tell of this mare she was of course the shy type, though also one who wanted to know things. She liked this about the mare, almost reminded her of herself.

"Perhaps you are right, even if I had the ability to see, I mght not take things for face value." Alaska nodded lightly. "But even being blind has it's downfalls, true my other senses are heightened, but not enough to make up for the sense of sight. For even I am valnerable from those that came make their steps silent and mask their scents until too late."

She was speaking of course of the predators and of those that fed on meat. The Kalona and skinwalkers, she hadn't come across any yet and she didn't know if she wanted to. Shaking her head, she didn't want to really think about meeting someone mean right now, nice Soquili like the mare before her was good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:46 pm
The mare shot her eyes right open. Amatsila could feel her body temperature drop so low when she mentioned the dangerous ones out there. Her heart sank into her guts and she gulped and let her head dip low. "Yes, it can have its disadvantages. Specially those who could lie without a sweat." Another gulp came across her throat. and sweat started to appear on her face. She had not thought of that. Amatsila started to feel worried for this mare. How she has this blessing but at the same time its a real let down. Amatsila shook her head, letting her curls dangle from side to side. She didnt want to ruin this day with more frightening thoughts. The mare had no idea what to say next. "Have you..." taking a second to look around first, then whisper "met one of those...demons?" Their names have chills down her back, she could not even say the name. Stories here and there were told, she knew some of her family had met a few. All got safely away, however none of the 'demons' were kind. All filled with hatred in one way or another.

Watching the sun slowly release it self from the sky, she knew it would soon get dark. Her heart quickened. No, she had to remember what Spinel said, the more dangerous ones lived deeper in the woods. However, there was always a possibility that one would decide to wander the outskirts of the forest. And they may even be hungry. Amatsila let her head stay low, and listened for any suspicious foot steps. Her ears were magnificent, if she could not hear the other, then they must have been magical, truly. Besides able to sing she has the ears to listen. The other mare had mentioned those who can have 'light steps'. Silent steps. Could the demons?

Alice says RAWR

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:50 pm
Alaska had shaken her head to the last question the mare had asked. She hadn't met one of the 'demons' as sha had called them, but only heard about them. Though she had an idea that she would meet one sooner or later. Maybe ask it why they were the way they were and such things like that. If things went sour, teach one some manners, that would make her mentally smile, but she merely sighed on the outside.

"no, thankfully I haven't." Alaska answered, "But maybe someday I will meet one and get some answers."

Alaska could feel that the sun had started shifting again across the skies and turned her head skyward. Though she couldn't see the sun, she could tell it was moving much like anyone else. A shiver coursed through her before she let her gaze drop again. Her ears forward some, listening, wondering about the place.

"I don't suppose that you have met one of these, demons, have you?" she asked in return, her head tilting to one side.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff