Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Company: The 10 Year Old Guild - CLOSED

Back to Guilds

Thanks for all the memories, everyone. 

Tags: Role Playing, Mercenary, Technomancy, Magic, We are the champions, deal with it 

Reply Black Company
The Haven

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Breg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:02 pm
In what was a forgotten waste land it lays, silent and dark, in a great lake that was created during the monoliths construction. Suddenly movement, slowly it begins to rise from the water, not to fast but enough to scatter the nesting birds that have called this place home. He walks out of a cave on the structures surface to survey the land, to take in the view and changes that have happened during his absence.

The Haven
as he now calls it, was once created to protect those who needed a place to sceam and plot their Veil undertakings. Now he begins to contemplate on the task before him. He requires help to retrieve the creatures that have escaped, the monsters that will tear this reality and every other reality to pieces. He needs Allies.

The years have been good to the barren wasteland that held the Vile Haven, cataclysms and floods have changed it to a lush and green wilderness. Unfortunately the same events had brought his Haven down. Instead of a floating monolith it had crashed down into the basin it was created from. Water filled the grate pit and made it into a lake, the side of the Haven rises from the center of it like an island. To the south of the lake a small farming community has been established since the floods have made the soil perfect for crops.

Villagers scream at the rising of the haven, they must think it’s the end of the world. Breg has no intention of doing any harm to them but he can’t help but to crack up at their reaction. When The Haven finishes its assent to its place above the lake it begins rotate slowly in place. Breg enters to the main chamber and activates runes at the center of the floor; these help amplify his powers, so he can begin the repairs and upgrades to The Haven.

Fractures begin to repair themselves as the spheres that lie around and along the bottom of the lake rise up and take their orbit around the fortress again. Chambers throughout The Haven change size and location all done at Breg’s will.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:41 pm
Description

The Haven Stands 2.5 miles tall, it floats 50 feet above the lake and rotates at about 15 miles per hour but the speed can change when it needs too. There is a temple from a forgotten religion that was placed on the very top of the Haven, its basement is a large arena that was used for games and public sacrifices he has kept it for training. Next to the temple Breg created a pond that is fed by the lake bellow, through a series of orbs the size of softballs in the lake and plates throughout the pond. Water is always being pumped into it this also creates a water fall that leads back down to the lake, all with the help of a constant transportation spell etched on the plates and the orbs.

Defenses

The Haven is not a stationary object it can be moved if need be. Also orbiting the monolith are 1000 steel orbs all roughly the size of a large beach ball, they will swarm any one that gets to close to it without permission and teleport the intruder safely back to the near by village. If there should be an attack, half of the orbs would go to battle mode and would engage the enemy with various methods of attack. If things get too rough the orbs will organize around the Haven and merge to create a protective barrier around it.

Inside

All the rooms and chambers have been rearranged and reshaped, none have an actual doorway or hallway connecting them, instead Breg created portals. All are a steel frame on a wall. On the frame are runes that when touched in the right order will take you the corresponding room.

Towards the top of The Haven there is a great room, this is the main hall where Breg can control all of The Havens functions it also doubles as his work area where he can forge weapons. In the center of the room there is a large circle, around it and throughout the entire chamber are tiles with runes carved into them and some tiles that are blank. On the walls of this room are multiple door frames all leading to different parts of The Haven. One of these doors leads to the armory where he stores the weapons he acquires and creates, also stored here are the magical artifacts he has collected over the years. A second door will access the privet rooms and the top of The Haven where the temple and pond are located. Door number three is the first in a series of door ways needed to cross in order to enter the prison it also leads to a large library containing many different types of books and scrolls. The fourth door goes to the kitchen and bar which are always fully stocked with the finest foods and drinks. Finally the last door is used to accept guests that use the transport plates located around the lake, only if they are given permission to enter.

Prison

Breg has also created a prison, to hold the creatures Breg will be hunting, that can only be accessed by going through the correct series of door portals. It holds 20 different types of cells each one built for a specific creature. This prison will constantly move throughout the haven so it can never be accessed except by the door way.  

Breg

Breg

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:14 pm
Breg stands on the lake shore looking up to the resurrected Haven, the village leader’s stand behind him in shock of what happened to the island that lay at the center of the lake. Breg had to assure them that he had no bad intentions towards the village and promised that he would help defend it if the need should arise.

Isn’t she beautiful?

{Village Elder}

Yes definitely but, if I may ask a favor of you? We have begun mining on the near by mountain and it is proving very difficult and since you obviously have some control over the earth I was hoping that you would help us by moving the earth out of out way?

Breg sighs.

No…

But? It wouldn’t be difficult for you. Why not?

I’m not a god and you can’t rely on me to solve all your problems. But I think we can come to some type of agreement.

Breg holds his hand out and five of the orbs surrounding The Haven float to him. He places his hand on each one and changes the runes on them.

I won’t do the work for you but I can provide you with tools to help. These five will help you find and dig it up but the price of the help will be 50% of all the ore you mine.

50!?!? That’s outrageous we need the metal to refine and sell we can not give you that much 15 maybe but not 50.

Since my friends here will help you speed up production i'm sure you can find that 25% of all the ore you dig up is a fair price. If not then we can leave and you can dig yourselves.

Fine…25 but what will you do with all that ore?

That’s my business

Breg walks to the transport plate he set.

Oh and you will supply the ore every day, just place it here. Don’t try to short me because my friends there will also transmit data to me and ill know.

Breg vanishes in a stream of light as the village leaders argue amongst themselves.

{The rest of the village leaders}

YOU AGREED TO 25!?!?!?!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:14 pm
Darkness falls on the Haven. Breg is in the main chamber preparing some of the iron ore the villagers sent him. He sits on the floor in the center of the great room, a large bowl forms where he would normally stand. Breg places the rather large chunk in the bowl and begins to concentrate on the ore.

Slowly the rock begins to move, its imperfections fill themselves in. The ore begins to pulsate. Breg is obviously struggling, sweat beads on his forehead. Breg touches the rock as it pulsates and rotates in the bowl constantly changing shape. As he lifts his hand small bits of earth that is mixed in with the iron collect in it, slowly all the impurities leave the mineral and all that’s left is a 100% orb of steel. The collected material is sent floating into the wall of the chamber and is absorbed by the Haven.

Breg

Breg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:42 pm
Now for the hard part.

He places his hand on the solid steel orb. Slowly it begins to flatten out in to a large disk. The steel disk begins to rotate, at the center a shaft begins to form. It spins and the rest of the disk begins to split evenly apart, each piece splitting more and more until all that’s left is what seams like strands of fiber. Every thing stops spinning

What’s next? Oh yes.

Breg unwraps a set of razor edged metal shards, 50 in total.

Obviously these were part of something bigger.

In front of Breg is what looks like a strange flower. He touches the shaft and it begins to rotate slowly, the strands of steel begin to interweave together making one long rope, every few inches Breg adds another shard of metal.

Perfect.

Breg holds the shaft of the newly created razor whip, made from steel fibers and the metal fragments he had.

All that’s left to do is finish the handel's design.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:44 pm
Breg stood in the center of the temples arena. Slowly all the entrances were sealed by stone doors.

Let’s see if I still got it.

The sound of machines can be heard deep bellow. 4 doors open on the arena floor and 4 cages rise into those door ways. Chains can be heard as demons walk out, the chains keeping them from attacking.

OK boys you’ve been waiting to do this a while, now’s your chance come and get it.

The shackles holding all 4 open and they rush him. He can barely see their movements but is able to dodge their initial attacks. One beast comes up behind Breg and slashes him across his back. The other 3 circle him slowly, waiting for their prey to falter before swarming.  

Breg

Breg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:10 pm
The lead demon charged him from behind, but this time Breg caught its striking claw with his hand and flung the beast into one of its partners. He turned to the monster on his left and jumped towards it, but before he flew 2 inches, Breg vanished in a burst of flames and reappeared instantly in front of his target striking the demon in the face with his knee. He followed his attack by grabbing it by the forehead and crashing the monster to the floor head first.

Next…  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:05 am
The remaining beast roared and charged with its claws extended and ready to tears at Breg’s flesh. When it slashed at him with his left claw Breg dodged then grabbed its wrist with his right hand and struck the beast with his open palm on its elbow joint and its shoulder. Breg jumped back and smiled as the monster was discovering that its left arm was useless now his shoulder, elbow and wrist could not move at all. Breg had studied and trained with his natural ability to manipulate earth and discovered that he can control minerals also. He developed a new way to use his skills to attack and enemy using the natural minerals in a persons own body. Depending on where he struck he could fuse joints or make the minerals attack vital organs.

Give up or do you want to keep going?

The demon began stressing and baked back into his cage. Now Breg had to deal with the remaining 3 beasts.  

Breg

Breg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:34 pm
The 3 beasts circle him and rush him at once. Breg cracks a smile when the first of the 3 slash at his face. Breg grasps its wrist before he is reached and with a twist re directs its attack towards its partners. The monsters roar with rage and begin to fight amongst themselves.

To easy... I need more of a test than this.

Breg holds his left arm towards the pile of beasts before him. A surge of sparks rise from his palm and a stream of electric bolts fire at the monsters, in an instant they become statues of ash and fall apart.

I am going to have to go and look to see how much this world has changed.

A set a runes form on the floor around him and begin to glow as he sinks into the new portal and vanishes.  
Black Company

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games