Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Introduce Yourself Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Murder of Angels

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:43 am
This thread is for introducing yourself. You don't have to introduce yourself if you don't want to, but it'll help us get to know you if you do.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:45 am
I will introduce myself here. Sorry if it's a bit long, but I figured you guys would want to know where I'm coming from.

Call me AMOA or Murder or Russ. It's up to you. I am a 21 year old traditional witch by religion, and a Golden Dawn quabbalist by study and practise. I keep the two seperate, but more on that later.

I was born and baptised Catholic, though I can't really say I was raised Catholic. My dad was an atheist and my mom was mostly non-religious until a couple of years ago when she started researching the fundamentals of the bible. Anyway, By the time I made it to 6th grade, I no longer believed in Jesus as a spiritual figure.

In or around 7th grade, my fascination with Native Americans let me to believe and practise what I only now realise was American Shamanism, though at the time, I was simply praying in the way that felt most comfortable to me, not guided by books or movies or any other people. My faith had finally become pure. I KNEW I could believe in something at that point.

As my interests changed, I continued to speak to the Great Spirit in my dreams and prayers, though I would have no longer considered myself a shaman. I was a freshman in high school when I first heard of witchcraft as a religion, by a classmate who said she was an alchemist. She told me just enough about witchcraft to get me interested in learning more. So I did, but at first with much caution. Christian values kept me from "diving in head first."

My interest truley began when I found a book on Druidism from the library by accident. I considered myself a Druid for nearly a year, going on everything that book had to say. Eventually, when I started doing research outside of that book, I learned that everything in that book had been made up by the author for some quick cash. However, the rituals and legends in the book did have at least some basis in fact, and stumbling across a website on Wicca, I noted many paralells.

I bought many books and snuck them in to my house. Learning from past mistakes, I learned as much as I could before I was even comfortable calling myself a Wiccan. Finally, Samhain 1998, I declared myself Pagan for the first time.

I remained a Wiccan until after I finished high school. During this time, I taught myself as much as I was able to on Wicca. I even taught students what I knew online. It was one of my students who made me question myself as a Wiccan, when she brought up a question involving Wicca's sketchy origins.

Once again, my curiosity was piqued, and I began studying Gerald Gardner and his relation to Aleister Crowley, and other things like the paralells between Neo-Paganism and Thelema. I became interested in the Quabala around this time as a result of these studies, but at the same time, I wanted a religion that felt more "pure" than the fabricated modern incarnation that is Wicca.

Ever since then, I've called myself a traditional Pagan. By that I mean I practise Paganism from before the Christians ever set foot in Europe. Admitedly, not a whole lot is known... alot of it was bastardized by Christians in attempts to demonize Pagans and convert. But Alot of what I do has been reverted to the way it was for me 12 years ago; praying in the way that feel most natural to me.

As mentioned above, I've also been studying non-religious magic, which I feel comfortable with since it's seperate from what I view religion as. As a result, I am also an initiate of the Golden Dawn and quabalic magic.

To complete my spiritual knowledge, I've tied it all together by researching every religion I could get my hands on, ancient or modern, mainstream or alternative. You'd be amazed how easily connections can be made between Christianity, Ancient Egyptian religion, Zoroastrianiam and Hinduism all at the same time.

Anyway, that's my introduction. If you've read this far, I'm impressed.  

A Murder of Angels

Tigress Dawn

Hygienic Noob

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:04 pm
I'm Tigress. I like long walks on the beach..ok ok, so I like to boogie board on the beach as long as there's no sharks or jellyfish. But that could be romantic, right? sweatdrop I also like Chinese food and Spaghetti, if any of you ever find it in your hearts to be kind and feed me.

I'm a mod here. PM me if you need something, unless its gummy bears. I don't share my gummy bears.

That is all.
pirate ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:29 am
I'm swordmaster kai but you can just call me kai.i probably won't be on here often(comp problems)but if you have any questions about what i've said just pm me.
also if you have any questions about mythology ask i love that stuff and hey you might be able to teach me something too.  

Tenrou29

psychofirewitch

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:52 pm
Hey! I'm Akiko, I'm 21, and I recently became interested in the occult and I'm just researching it up. I work at Barnes and Noble, my favorite colors of the moment are red and black, and I really like seafood, especially shrimp!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:19 pm
Silver, aka Cassie. I am a solitary eceltic by religion and magick. (yes, I know I put a "k" on magick- I do this help both myself and others when reading, not for any other reason). I was raised Roman Catholic and stopped believing by the time I was 10. By 13, I was a witch. I pull from various faiths to put together my own religious believes, but havent had time to study that as much as I like, so I'm not a die hard about prayer or anything.

I love art, design (being a design major), and fuzzy animals. ^^ Especially dogs and funny cats. My favorite food is turkey tacos. Yum. domokun I'm not the best at spelling or grammar, but I promise to try. And I cant type, so forgive my typos. Feel free to drop me a line with YIM or AIM. Or a PM, as I'm not on to chat as often as I'd like due to busy school schedules.  

Silver Mist

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:32 pm
Hey there, my name's Eladrin Starmist, but Eladrin is fine. I've been an eclectic witch for 5 years now and take my beliefs and practises from many different places; Druidism, Wicca, Native Canadian belief and personal experience. I specialize in tea leaf reading and tarot cards. If you want a reading, pm me, but dont' expect me to get back to you right away. I work full time out of the home and part time while I'm at home. My current interests lie in Druidry and the Asatru tradition, especially Asatru because I know next to nothing about it. I also am very interested in herbology, crystals, chakras, Reiki and all natural healing.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:20 pm
Hmmm...I am Kristin, though I go by Niharana often. Niharana is the name that, at the moment anyhow, my soul seems to claim as its own, just as it has for the past three years (has it been that long?!?). I am currently a Christian Mystic/Witch, and also a psi-vampire (I'll try not to bite though...its not one of my favorite things about me, but it is part of who I am), and a faery-kin/phoenix-kin (NOT otherkin, I simply feel a kin-like bond to phoenixes and faeries). I was raised in a very strict Nazarene (a form of evangelical Christianity) household, and basically did not begin branching out of that and/or questioning my beliefs until around my senior year of highschool, when I learned that what I feel in the world around me was known as energy, and I was rather sensitive to it.
My best friend described me as an 'Energy Sink', and accepted her 'diagnosis'. That year was a rather odd one, and I'm still not sure how much of it was dreams and how much was reality. My other best friend, who was like a brother to me, and I were 'double dreaming' quite a lot. Basically, we would dream the same dream from different view points. I still don't know what caused this, but it's from his parts of the dreams that I get the name Niharana. (As a side note these dreams have been popping up again, except now I have a mate in them...I know the significance of the mate, just not of the dreams reoccurring...if anyone who has knowledge about dreams could PM me about this, I would be very happy smile )
All through out the year, I would take in so much energy per day that I would be shaking uncontrollably at the end of each day. It was during a trip to New York that I took with the band that I finally learned to shield.
I've evolved in my spiritual path greatly since then, and am now secure in my balance between my spiritual and religios sides.
The magic that I do is strictly energy magic/manipulation, as opposed to rituals. I do circle everyonce in a while, but that is simply to refresh myself and my relationship with the divine.
I believe that there is a feminine side to the Chrisitian God, that is often ignored. (PM me if you want more info on this.)
I am currently 20, was born on the Picies Ares cusp (oh goodie) in the year of the Ox, I believe. I currently attend FAU-honors in Jupiter, FL...
and I think that's allll smile  

Niharana

chaoticpuppet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:12 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:44 pm
My post is going to be a work in progress, but I might as well tell you a lot now.

I can see auras
I am slightly empathic
I can do a little bit of aerokinesis
I sometimes have precognitive dreams
My dreams are always vivid
I have deja vu a lot
I'm learning to sense energy
I can make a psyball
I am the third generation in a row to have at least some psychic talent from birth
I am currently trying to have a fully concious astral projection
I can make a few different types of shields, one of which is realy cool, like a tornado around me
Sometimes clairvoyent, but it's never my choice, and generally about unimportant stuff like video games. Sometimes it's better
Sometimes I lucid dream

General info about me:
I am 14 years old
I live in the northeastern United states
I have one cat that I love dearly
I have a brother and a sister, both are younger than me
My name is Lauren
I am realy interested in a lot of things, like reading, writing, drawing, origami, daydreaming, hanging out with friends, watching movies, listening to music, acting, playing clarinet and keyboard, and gardening.
My favorite color is blue
I'm an Aquarius, born in February

Like I said before, this is a work in progress. I'll try and update once a month at the very least to tell about my experiences.
Ps. I'm a mod now!  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Medical Machinery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:22 pm
'Ello I'm Bactericide, Bact for short if you like or my real name Bryan. (I'm gonna keep updating this post, ecpecially because I won't get everything in one time)

I've been "paranormal investigating" for at least three to four years now. I've seen, heard, felt (the presence of spirits).
I'm curently in self training to see auras.
I'm curenlty in self training to have an instant meditative state.
I still see myself as agnostic but I think I'm leaning toward electric pagan.

That's all for now.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:43 pm
Warm greetings my friends! I go by Dark Seeker on Gaia but you may also call me Dave, I don't mind. I'm 17, and have been interested in the occult for quite some time. I can't really say what intrigues me the most, though I do enjoy studying all branches of Satanism, including the atheistic kind, as well as learning about phi energy, which I am not quite sure exists.

Outside the occult, my interests include politics and studying the human mind. See you guys around. smile  

Dark Seeker

Dust.And.Echoes.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:02 pm
Hey Guys!!! Most people call me Dusty, but my real name is Manda, so call me what you wish. I am Native American(Cherokee), not that you can really tell since my family was a bit of a "whore" in the past. Therefore, my looks are diluted. But what wasn't diluted, was our religion. Though many people in my family went to a Christian church, none of us are really Christian. All the females in my family have always been know as the town "witch doctor", because they heal and such. The rest of my family (minus my mother) praticed Shamanism. Which is what I am working on learning since the link stopped at my mother. I really at this point am not educated enough on what I need to know, so I just consider myself an eccletic pagan, untill I can know more. I am afraid to ask the rest of my family about things. I also come from a Masonic family(much mystery about them, kind of funny really), I am trying to get sponsored so I can be an Eastern Star, because there weren't Rainbows(Eastern Star/Mason for kids) in my small town. Any questions about Masons or Free masonary, and I'm sure I can answer them. If you know anything about Shamanism please help me out, I have learned that the internet is not a good place to look for things that should be passed down through lineage.

A few facts about me:
I have never been Christian, I'm a bit ignorant to Christianity, so please correct me if I say something wrong, or insult someone on accident

I have 2 cats, I love animals more than anything, which brings me to my next fact...
... I am vegan.

I am a metalhead

I am 18 years old.

I am married....

I have foretelling dreams, but sadly they are never important. It is normally a situation in which I am telling something, or talking to some one, and it strikes me "Hey I had a dream about this".... Kind of like a Deja Vu, but I tend to take mental notes of all my realistic dreams. If I don't write them down. Some day I will have a meaningful dream though I am sure.

I am energy sensitive, having grown up in a "haunted house' as all of my friends called it.

I'm really not that interesting, but I love learning, and love theology and philosophy....

Fin!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:28 pm
Name's Kenny, I started my religious experiences in life as a Christian, Baptized, went to catholic school, recieved communion, but I was never confirmed.

When I started the confirmation classes, instead of seeing the rite as a nice thing for my parents to have on home video, I saw it as a chance to expand my horizons. One of the priests at my church and my first martial arts sensei agreed and I set out reading books regarding other religions. At that point in my life I finally started noticing the corruption inherant in the church I went to and in general I became more and more hesitant to undergo the right of confirmation.

At present my religious beliefs are somewhere between Christian and Pagan, but the actual explanation is much more complicated.

Essentially religious debates are a forte of mine, because I can argue multiple sides.  

Chibi Kenko

Akuneko

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:35 am
Bactericide
...electric pagan...

Sorry, i just thought it was silly sounding. Oh, Hi, I'm Akuneko. If you see Akuneko on some other board, or Eikama, then it's me. I'm... The one who hides his sensible, wise side with the anti-reality psycho.... So IF I say something that isn't a joke or a riddle, you better listen...

[oh, and if you can tell what book that is from... then you win.]

Merciless quote of the day: "On the first day, God said 'Let there be light.' And there was still nothing, but you could see a little bit better."

P.s: All these people have been posting their religions. Religion=turmoil, so once I'm settled in, I might say something about it.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff