0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Matsu x

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:09 am
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that there are lots of dead topics, and pointless topics floating about this guild and they range for several months old to a year. We need you mods, and captains and crew to clean up all this mess so that we don't have n00bs constantly reviving old arguments and so that we can make this guild look presentable.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:37 am
Matsu x
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has noticed that there are lots of dead topics, and pointless topics floating about this guild and they range for several months old to a year. We need you mods, and captains and crew to clean up all this mess so that we don't have n00bs constantly reviving old arguments and so that we can make this guild look presentable.

Why delete old threads simply for thier age? Not to mention hardly anybody posts and that would include your supposed 'noobs' aswell.  

Dwlr
Crew

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Matsu x

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:17 pm
Well so that guild can be orderly and not cluttered, but that would just be a gimme...

And there are very FEW old threads that even worth keeping around... its called simple guild maintenance you get rid of old unused/dead threads so that its easier to navigate and make the guild look nicer  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:46 pm
Matsu x
Well so that guild can be orderly and not cluttered, but that would just be a gimme...

And there are very FEW old threads that even worth keeping around... its called simple guild maintenance you get rid of old unused/dead threads so that its easier to navigate and make the guild look nicer

It's called that the active threads are already on the front page so there really shouldn't be a problem and if you're on the back pages you should expect the threads to be dead and old so there is no real problem.  

Dwlr
Crew

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Matsu x

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:54 pm
Of the threads on the first page only about 5 are actually active....
Most of them are just sitting there until some new guy posts in it and starts up some brewhaha over it or starts an argument.

Past Super Smash brothers Brawl Role Play, all haven't been posted in for over several weeks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:59 pm
Matsu x
Of the threads on the first page only about 5 are actually active....
Most of them are just sitting there until some new guy posts in it and starts up some brewhaha over it or starts an argument.

Past Super Smash brothers Brawl Role Play, all haven't been posted in for over several weeks

So what's the problem we have 5 active threads it shouldn't matter about the others then. Arguements are generally locked depending on what you call an 'arguement'.  

Dwlr
Crew

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Matsu x

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:33 pm
Thank you for validating my point, all the unused threads should deleted so that we don't have all this pointless clutter sitting about.

And so that we don't have a year later some one posting in one of these trying to restart a conversation no one has any particular interest in  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:45 pm
Matsu x
Thank you for validating my point, all the unused threads should deleted so that we don't have all this pointless clutter sitting about.

And so that we don't have a year later some one posting in one of these trying to restart a conversation no one has any particular interest in

I validqated nothing, the other threads are part of the guild they don't violate rules and people have the option to post in them if they so please aslong as they don't violate the rules in doing so, therefor if you think they are merely clutter ignore them.

If we have only 5 threads do you really think it'll be around in a year and just becuase the initial thread is gone what's stopping people from posting again thinking it's a new thread then it completely restarts the debate as opposed to if the thread exists they should be reading it so the same points shouldn't be reitterated if the thread still exists.  

Dwlr
Crew

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Matsu x

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:56 pm
So what your saying is that even though we DO get repeats of old threads regardless of is the oldest one is still on the front page that we shouldn't get rid of the old ones to make room so that the guild doesn't look like a ghost town nor so that it could look relatively presentable for new members and the rest of the guilds community as a whole?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:05 pm
Matsu x
So what your saying is that even though we DO get repeats of old threads regardless of is the oldest one is still on the front page that we shouldn't get rid of the old ones to make room so that the guild doesn't look like a ghost town nor so that it could look relatively presentable for new members and the rest of the guilds community as a whole?
What I'm saying is it's less likely we get repeats if the other threads are still there since they do have a place already available for certain topics as opposed to there definitely being no place to put them.  

Dwlr
Crew

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Matsu x

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:01 pm
Then why not move all the pointless threads and ones that are unnecessary to either a locked page, or just get rid of them. If we keep all these here just sitting about we're not getting anywhere. We just have empty unused threads laying about.

Somehow I found it doubtful that people will read them no matter how long we keep them about  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:03 pm
Matsu x
Then why not move all the pointless threads and ones that are unnecessary to either a locked page, or just get rid of them. If we keep all these here just sitting about we're not getting anywhere. We just have empty unused threads laying about.

Somehow I found it doubtful that people will read them no matter how long we keep them about

Well if nobody is reading them anyway they really aren't hurting anything as to why leaving them 1) they really aren't bothering anybody and 2) it takes time that is needlessly wasted on something that us uneccasary.  

Dwlr
Crew

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Matsu x

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:02 am
1) Pointless threads are cluttering up the guild making finding any kind of worth while threads a task

2) Why keep them around if no one wants to read them, and it only takes about 6 seconds to click the X to get rid of them  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:34 am
Matsu x
1) Pointless threads are cluttering up the guild making finding any kind of worth while threads a task

2) Why keep them around if no one wants to read them, and it only takes about 6 seconds to click the X to get rid of them

1) According to you the only threads worthwhile are the active ones and they're on the front page as is.

2)Gaia takes longer than 6 seconds, don't make up statistics.

3)I'll help you out and stop pointless clutter. *locked* there happy?  

Dwlr
Crew

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out