Reply [IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]
[PRP] Returning Prince (Unyevu and Msiba) [Finished] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:53 pm
Chozi flapped around nervously as his lion friend lay upon the ground, an intense look on his face.

He knew what was going on, of course. He'd seen it before, but that didn't change the eerie feeling it gave him.

Unyevu's eyes were glazed over, and he looked both like he was angry and in pain. He didn't blame him, of course. Moments before, Unyevu had thrown a real fit and nearly caught the snake-eagle in the middle of it! The lion's breaths were quick and shallow for several moments, when his gaze suddenly darted around and he scrambled to his feet, gasping for air.

"Unyevu..." Chozi cooed, hopping closer cautiously.

"No, Chozi." He grunted, shaking his head, "Don't worry about me, got that? It happens all the time." Though his intent was to sound reassuring, his tone suggested that he was not at all pleased with the situation either.

"Did you see anything... Important?"

"I think so."

"Are you going to tell them?"

"I don't have a choice." He snapped, "You know how much I hate doing it, but if I ever withheld information from them and they found out, it would be over. Everything." He growled softly, irritated. "Come on and help me find them..."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:59 pm
"Werevu? Hey, Werevu?" Still tense and fuming from everything that had gone wrong, Msiba stalked toward a small shade, seeking shelter from from the sun. It was still rather early on in the morning, he supposed, having woken up to greet the sun and finding Werevu gone. As the vulture disappeared from time to time, Msiba had long since acclimated himself to these occurrences.

But his patience was wearing thin, for everyone, thanks to the meddling lions of the pride that harbored the little seer cub they were after. Even - or perhaps especially, he didn't know - for his own brother. Machafuko. Msiba's eyes narrowed dangerously at the thought. If Machafuko had been anything less than his brother, Msiba might have had enough of the lion long ago. As it was, duty for his family was rooted deeply into Msiba's conscience - what little of it he seemed to have - and he figured, if Mchawi was to be his very best friend, Machafuko at least deserved some level of tolerance. Though "some" was definitely the operative word.

At least, he thought to himself in an attempt to pacify the rage that was bubbling just below the surface, he does what he's told... occasionally. That occasional obedience was enough for Msiba, for now, as proof the his brother did earn his keep. After all, Msiba tended to hold to the thought that everyone was dispensible. At least, it was that he wanted and believed he held to. Whether or not it was, though, had yet been put to the test.

Still, he supposed they wouldn't have gotten nearly as far without Machafuko's help. That, at least, seemed to merit some credit. Msiba shrugged inwardly. Maybe the kid was a tad useful after all. He had, after all, been rather instrumental in helping them recruit Unyevu. If recruiting was the right word, but he would use it, for lack of a better one. Euphemisms, and all that.

MoonRazor

Atheare

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:58 pm
Unyevu paused and looked around, hearing Msiba calling for Werevu not too far off. "He's near by." He muttered, stalking towards the other lion disdainfully.

"Unyevu, don't lose your temper this time." Chozi warned as he landed on Unyevu's back. "You must not test this lion, especially not after what you did to his sister. Be careful."

"Quit telling me what to do, Chozi." He snapped, and his heart sank. He hated losing his cool at the bird whom he had become so attached to. Chozi was the only one who understood him, the only one who seemed to care. He was the last one he ought to be yelling at. He was the last one who deserved his anger. If anything, he should be thanking the bird, treating him like family. After all, he had, in a way, saved his life.

Not that he felt that it had been worth saving, but he was grateful for the thought.

"Msiba." He grunted, deciding to ignore his guilty feelings for the moment and focus on maintaining a level head around this lion, who he hated so deeply. "I have news for you. Best to come and hear it before it slips my mind." He said coldly, his usual sarcasm already full blown.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:29 pm
"My god, Unyevu," Msiba said, glancing up at the familiar voice. He was in no mood to be dealing with Unyevu. The latest developments within the pride had him frustrated beyond reason, and the last thing he needed was to be poked and prodded further along. His tolerance for the seer lion had sunk drastically since the last time they had bumped into each other. Although, he supposed, the only reason Unyevu would ever have to seek Msiba out was that he had had a vision. That, at least, fell into the category of good news. "If you've Seen something, just spit it out already."

He paused and gazed studiously at Unyevu for a moment. There was something off about the lion, though he couldn't quite tell what. It had triggered in his mind the moment he had heard the seer's voice. It wasn't what he normally expected from the lion. Where was all the sarcasm? All the contempt? All Msiba heard now was a tone icey beyond imagine, but that was all. His brow creased into a frown. "What's wrong with you now? Catch a cold or something?" He asked, more to satisfy his own curiosity than out of any kind of concern for the seer.

MoonRazor

Atheare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:27 am
Immediately, the lion could tell that Msiba was in no mood to play games, or even put on his usual bright-and-sunny mask. Good. Neither was he.

"Fine then." He snorted and sat down with a low grunt, causing Chozi to hop from his back onto the ground to stand beside him. "Umoja. He's back in the valley, and he's coming back to the pride." Unyevu shrugged. He didn't much care if he was back or not, but he was fairly certain that Msiba would. Umoja was, after all, the heir to the throne. Surely someone so important would be either an asset or an obstacle in this plan that Msiba was so intent on.

Unyevu glanced up at Msiba, surprised. What was wrong with him? Not much had happened recently, except for his argument with Mchawi. At the thought of it, a soft growl emerged from his throat. How he hated that witch! Not only was she as much to blame for his suffering as Msiba, but she had a way of making him so angry...

"Nothing."

It would not be a good idea to tell Msiba what had happened. It was true that he frequently lost his temper and shouted at the both of them, but what he had done to Mchawi was something he never imagined that he'd do. Besides, Mchawi had offered not to tell her brother. Why should he tell him when his sister just could just use it as another thing to threaten him with?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:16 pm
"He what?" The lion snarled, though it was obviously more at the news Unyevu had brought than the lion himself. "How can he be back? How did he get back?"

It was the last thing he needed. The heir to the throne returning to the valley. This was ridiculous. Bad luck heaped upon ill luck. That was what seemed to follow him everywhere he went. It was events like this and the ones that had preceeded this that often caused him to wonder whether or not his mother had known just how unlucky he would grow up to be. Perhaps that was why she had named him what she had. Msiba. Well this truly was a disaster, and he had her to thanks. Jinxing him with a name like his.

The pale lion scowled. "Well when's he coming back? Do you know?" The lion knew that the only reason Unyevu reported his visions was the threat on his family, but Msiba supposed that if he were to attempt to extract more information from the other, it was easier if he dropped the obvious dislike he held for Unyevu. He would get the information, somehow or other, but it was up to the seer how long he withheld the information.

Information held back from him at a time like this would not bode well for either of them. So he made life just a tad easier. It wasn't as if he didn't do it all the time - disguise his true feelings and put on a sunny face. He wasn't about to do the latter, but the former he could manage perfectly fine.

MoonRazor

Atheare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:33 pm
"Back here, yes." Unyevu rolled his shoulders in a lazy shrug, an unconcerned look on his face. He simply did not have the energy to pick a fight with Msiba today, and felt content to simply bide his time and give him the information he wanted. For now at least. "How should I know how he managed it? All I know is that he did. Or will, perhaps."

In truth, Unyevu rarely knew the time his visions were to occur, but judging by the landscape in his vision it had been after the earthquake. "He's either gotten back recently, or will sometime in the future."

Chozi managed a weak smile as Unyevu did not struggle with the charming lion as he usually did. He had been itching for a fight for so long and snapping so easily, that the amount of self control he was showing was impressive. One could even say that he was proud of him, though he was not considering his tiredness in his calculations.

"I take it that he will complicate things a bit?" Unyevu slipped a little sarcasm into his voice, "Does this change the plan? Speaking of the plan, were you planning on informing me of it any time soon? Or would you rather just leave me here when you decide to move on?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:46 pm
"He's back..." Msiba muttered under his breath. Somehow, frowning simply transformed him from a handsome, polite, sunny gentleman to a brooding, much less sunny one, though no less handsome. It was strange that way, though the lion hardly seemed to notice. If anything, his looks were the least of his worries. After all, his charm lay mainly in his words - though he supposed the looks did help. Nobody wanted to be charmed by an ugly lion.

"Back, will have to be taken care of..." The wheels in his mind were turning, turning, seeking an answer or a solution to the problem Umoja's returned posed. Or both. He had once been told, long ago, that his thinking face was much the same as his sister's. Big surprise there. He and Mchawi were alike in more ways than one.

"Big brute. Before he arrives..." He was reaching something. Right on the brink of a plan, however poorly and hastily conceived. It was still a plan, which, he was sure, was more than he could say for any of the others in his group. Save Mchawi, perhaps, but then, she didn't even know of the problem.

His eyes snapped up. Oh, Unyevu. He had all but forgotten the seer's presence. The sarcasm was lost on him. This was no time for such luxuries. "He absolutely does not change the plan. He is just a blot on the canvas which requires painting over. A blot which will affect the final outcome in absolutely no way. So long as nobody else sees it." Yes, the blot would have to be covered. The Blot.

"Well that depends," He said with a shrug, his mood lightening somewhat, now that a plan had begun to form in his mind. All would not end in disaster after all. "Would you believe it if I told you the plan involved killing the heir and his mate and taking this ridiculous pride by force?" Probably not. Msiba and Mchawi did not do prides. "Or... releasing a plague to wipe them all out, keep them silent?

He shook his head, a look of angelic innocence crossing briefly over his face. "Dear god, no. We were going to bring you home to your mate. But I suppose, if you wanted to stay here, permanently, that too could be arranged."

MoonRazor

Atheare

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 pm
Unyevu huffed as he listened to Msiba mutter to himself, clearly forgotten for the time being. How typical. Unyevu was usually only payed attention to when he was needed for something, or when it became time to torment him, but when that was over he was cast aside. Not that he particularly minded being left alone, but it did get a little frustrating being constantly pushed to one side.

"A blot." He said simply, "See him how you will, then."

A murderous coup? A plague? "Who do you think you are, a God or something?" He rolled his eyes, "As long as you don't try to force me deeper into this plan, I'll keep my nose out of your scheming." The last thing Unyevu wanted was to make Msiba and Mchawi even more angry then they already were at him by upsetting their plans. He must protect his family, he must.

Wait, what? His mind raced for a moment as Msiba spoke. They had planned to take him home? Let him return to life as normal? Did he really mean that...? Probably not.

"You know full well what I want." He snorted, "You know that I can't just waltz back to my old life as if nothing had happened. Least of all with you and your sister by my side." No, his pride would probably never accept him back after what had happened. In truth, he had done very little, and none of it by choice, but who would believe him?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:40 pm
"Umoja will not be an issue," He said, an air of certainty lacing his words. "Once he is dealt with. And it's easy to deal with a simple lion like him." Thinking of Kitisho, no doubt. After all, who was going to survive a planned assassination executed by the mammoth lion? He actually wanted to kill.

With the exception of Ukweli of course... and then Ngao. Msiba's mood plummeted again with the thought. Right. Those two. Beaten by a lioness. Msiba could not believe it. Kitisho, a massive killer practically by profession, beaten by a meager little Captain. And a lioness, too. He couldn't quite get that out of his mind.

"Oh sure," Msiba said with a shrug. "It's not like you would be of any help otherwise. Seeing things is a great skill, but you see, we still need lions to rectify any problems you see heading our way. Which, as we both know, you either can't or won't do. Have it your way, then. Just don't mess anything up, I'll keep my nose out of your brooding."

Hm. For a moment, the pale lion seemed to ponder Unyevu's words, nodding slightly. "Very true," He said. "Well. What a shame, huh? But it's okay. They'll pay for everything they'd done. Someday." Then, seemingly having decided he had said enough, Msiba simply clammed up, his mind returning to smoothing out the details of his latest plan.

MoonRazor

Atheare

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:23 am
Deal with? How exactly was Msiba planning to deal with Umoja? Unyevu was curious, but did not care enough to inquire. Msiba was going to do what he was going to do, and there was nothing he could do to stop it. Not if he wanted his family to remain safe, at least.

Besides, it was not as though Unyevu cared anything for the heir. He was just another lion, just another piece in this little game Msiba and Mchawi were playing with the pride. He was not one of the important pieces, according to Msiba, and would not be difficult to handle. That was all Unyevu needed to know.

"Good to know we have an understanding." He snorted, but managed a nod. He was certainly not planning on doing anything rash. Not yet. He needed to wait for his time, he needed the right moment to escape, foil their plan, or both. Poor planning was the sort of thing that would get his loved ones killed. The sort of thing that would leave everything he had suffered for worthless and hollow. He would not risk that, not until he was sure of the consequences.

"Pay? What exactly have they done?" He snapped, suddenly alert once more. "I thought you two were going to leave them alone. My mate and children are not the only ones I care about in that pride." He snarled, "What else are you planning on killing there?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:35 am
"My, but aren't we jumping the gun here?" Msiba said with a chuckle. "Who said anything about killing anyone?" And besides, there was absolutely no way he was about to say anything more to Unyevu that held any hint at all as to what Msiba and his sister were planning to do after they had done their business with the Aka'mleli. It was best not to underestimate the seer, Msiba knew. For all Unyevu's griping, he was still capable of somehow pulling off some amazing feat to ruin their plans. So the less the seer knew, the better.

Then the familiar sound of Werevu's light hiss sounded in the sky as the cape vulture's shadow skimmed over the ground. Msiba looked up. There he was. The vulture landed heavily on the ground beside the pale green lion, obviously rather winded from a hasty return trip.

"There you are," The bird said, rather flustered.

"I assume you have news?" Msiba said cautiously, all too aware of Unyevu's presence. Damn. What a crappy time for the cape vulture to have chosen to shown up. The less Unyevu knew, the better. But he supposed, with the vulture's sudden appearance, the news was rather urgent.

"Of course I have news," Werevu snapped impatiently. "Shut up and listen. Two of the cubs were spotted within the valley, along with Hifadhi."

"And?" The vulture had Msiba's attention now. Unyevu be damned, he could hear all he wanted, the lion wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway.

"They got away."

"They WHAT?!" The small chuckle that had been on Msiba's face only moments before vanished completely, giving way to the dark thunderhead of immense rage. More bad news. He could have killed something right then and there.

Werevu took a few steps back, stopping when he had reached a comfortable distance away from the fuming lion. "We are just vultures, after all," He said somewhat sourly. Better not to pour fuel on the fire. But he couldn't help but sneak in his resentment. "There isn't much we can do to stop three lions."

"Well aren't you unfortunate?" Msiba snarled. He couldn't care much less about the vulture's feelings right about now. Another lion might have felt some shame at exploding at the bird that had done nothing but help. But Msiba was not another lion, and he did not feel shame. Werevu knew the lion, in any case. He knew better than to take much offense, though the vulture did know what it was to bear a grudge. "Get back out there, and find them." The lion hissed, his voice dropping thirty degrees.

For a moment, the cape vulture gazed beadily at Msiba. Rage practically radiated off of the lion, and Werevu decided it was best to go back out and do exactly what Msiba had said. Who cared if his wings felt like they could drop off at any second? The cubs were crucial to the plan.

MoonRazor

Atheare

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:22 pm
"Killing to get your way is what you seem to enjoy." He snarled, his willingness to fight with Msiba returning, renewed by this new information. Msiba was justified in keep these things from Unyevu, as he surely would use every scrap of information to his advantage.

What was this? Werevu? The lion watched the vulture carefully and listened to their short conversation, immediately growing even more concerned. Now there were cubs involved in this? Cubs that were not his?

"You sicken me, Msiba." He spat, "Leave the cubs alone, do you understand me? They do not understand things the way we do." He shook momentarily with rage. How could Msiba do this? How could he continue to treat everyone as his pawn? Even the young cubs? "If you harm any of them, or their families, you'll be in for a rude awakening from me." His tail twitched irritably behind him as he spoke.

"Unyevu, not now..." Chozi whispered, hopping anxiously in front of him. "You can not get into any more trouble." He watched him pleadingly, as if begging him to just turn around and let them be.

"Hush, Chozi." He snapped, "I can handle this."

"And what? End up making the same mistake you made with Mchawi?"

"I said be quiet!" He snarled, causing the bird to jump. But it was too late now, it had been said. If he was lucky, perhaps Msiba would ignore what the bird had said.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:20 pm
"Again. Who said anything about harm? We didn't harm you, now did we?" Msiba eyed the other lion. A fighting spirit was beginning to awaken in Unyevu. It was certainly interesting to see, but it couldn't have come at a worse time. He didn't need yet another complication following a long string of them. It didn't help to have to work around Unyevu instead of right through him. Now that Msiba thought about it, life was easier when the seer still pitied himself terribly.

The same mistake?

"What did you do to my sister, Unyevu?" Msiba growled, picking up immediately on a secret that had been meant to stay secret, his tone icey. There was a steely glare in his turquoise eyes. Nobody hurt his sister and got away with it. Much as Msiba preferred to stay out of any physical violence, he was a much stronger lion than he appeared, particularly when fueled by his fierce instinct to protect Mchawi, and when it came down to it, getting his own paws bloody was not exactly the worst thing in the world. And he would do it, too, if he was pushed much further.

The difference between himself and Unyevu, Msiba had always thought, was that while they both had those they cared about, Msiba would never be foolish enough to let anyone even think about seriously harming his sister. The fact that Mchawi had said nothing about this mistake was enough to tell him that it had really been no big deal. But the very fact that there had been a mistake that Unyevu had wanted to keep secret was enough to spike his temper. Especially at a time like this, when he was already angry to begin with.

Rage, rather than clouding his mind, made it easier for the handsome lion to think. Sometimes he would feel the red-hot flash of fury, and then everything, simply everything, would clear and his mind would be so attuned to everything that it seemed to work so much quicker than it normally did.

MoonRazor

Atheare

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:24 pm
"You harmed me and you know it." He snarled, "Harm does not have to be physical, you tore me apart from the inside out."

Damn it all, he had caught that last comment from Chozi after all. "I didn't harm her. At least, no more than you have harmed me." Unyevu matched his glare, his gaze unwavering. "I barely touched her." He lied, knowing full well that a full on tackle counted as more than just barely. He knew how much Mchawi hated him for what he had done, but he was aware that he had caused her no more physical pain than a thorn in the paw. What seemed to infuriate the lioness the most was the submissiveness he forced her to show him. The fact that he had made her so vulnerable and that if he had wanted to, he could have killed her.

Unyevu mentally kicked himself for not actually doing it.

"But that's a story for another day." Chozi piped up, giving Unyevu a sharp peck on the paw, a sign that he was about to lose his patience with his taunting of the pale lion.

"Perhaps it is." Unyevu snarled, not taking his eyes off of Msiba for several moments. "If you really want to know, you should ask her." Yes, he loved the idea of Mchawi having to relive the embarrassing moment for her brother. Maybe Chozi was right on this one, it was time for him to go.

"If I learn anything new, I will be sure to let you know." He said, his tone still sharp but not nearly as hostile. "Until we meet again, Msiba." He spat, turning to walk away without even waiting for a response.

[IC] Aka'mleli Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff