vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:49 pm
User Image
Kahili sprinted towards the forest to escape the rain that now fell from the sky. It was a nice change from the hot dry sun and a summer storm was just what the land needed to freshen up but she was not happy about the wetness that now clung to her hair and her coat. Even though it wasn’t too cold it still wasn’t very pleasant. Once she’d reached the safety of the dense trees she shook off the water with a huff and turned to watch the downpour as it washed over the grasses. So much for a fun day. Then again barely any of her days had been fun lately, she needed some excitement. Something new. All she could do now was just wait for the storm to pass before going out on her search of that something new and exciting.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:53 am
User Image
Rain was never one of Casanova's favorite weather conditions, but he had certainly experienced worse than this summer shower. It was a lovely repreive from the heat, and even if it did wet his wings and keep him from flying, it still brought its own enjoyment and refreshment.

But as the rains began to get heavier, Casanova wisely decided to head for a bit of shelter - and the nearby woods seemed to provide the perfect answer. As he made his way under the treeline and flicked his tail and shook himself a bit to rid himself of the clinging wetness, a flash of color caught his eyes. Larger and more pristine than the shades of the summer flowers, it could be nothing other than another soquili. And indeed, when he looked over and approached, the figure of a beautiful, slender mare greeted him.

What a wonderful chance encounter, he couldn't help but think to himself. "My lady, I hope that you do not mind if I share this shelter with you?" He greeted. Perhaps rain was not so bad after all...

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:17 pm
Kahili turned her head at the sound of hoof beats and then a voice following them. Well at least she’d have some company. Honestly she wasn’t expecting someone so…bright and colorful. She’d only met one other Soquili with wings of a butterfly and that was when she was a kid. This stallion’s wings were much different, brighter and very unique to her eyes. Her attention snapped back to him instead of his wings remembering he had spoken to her. “Oh, of course not. You need the shelter more than I do anyway with those wings. They’re not too damaged are they?” She went back to the time when she’d met Porsche and had tried to get her to go swimming with her. Something about butterfly wings and water didn’t mix and it made it hard to fly, that was about all she knew.

Turning a bit and walking over to where the stallion stood she couldn’t help but get a closer look at his wings. She’d never had the chance as a kid. “I hope you don’t mind. Butterfly wings fascinate me for some reason. So thin and delicate and yet they can lift a weight that should be much too heavy for them.” Great, she was probably ranting now, added with her sticking her nose into his wings she was probably making herself look like an even bigger weirdo.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:25 pm

A genuine smile wandered across Casanova's face. This was already going quite well, and he was begining to thank the spirits for the rain that they had sent him. "Thank you for your concern. My wings are not damaged, however I will not be able to fly with them as wet as they are." He gave them a quick flitter, some of the water running off of them. They seemed to be made of ever-so-thin glass - not scaled or powdery like most butterfly or moth wings. The water made them positively glisten.

"It is a fascinating thing, not to sound conceited, but the mechanics of our flight is something I have found myself wondering before as well. I suppose it is just another piece of evidence of the glory of the magic of the Great Spirit. The same spirit, I dare say, that painted you with such briliant colors and patterns like the falling petals." He added in with a practiced segue.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:52 pm
She smiled to him when he said his wings weren’t permanently damaged though she still marveled at the glistening wings. “Good. I’m glad that they aren’t damaged but you should be able to fly in no time after the dry, right? So just wait here under the shelter and you should be good.” She gave another smile, finally moving her head away from his amazing wings, not wanting to be rude.

“Oh no that doesn’t make you sound conceited. Everyone has their general curiosities even if it is about themselves.” She gave a nod and then blinked at his statement before smiling and turning her head a bit shyly. “Well um, thank you. You have some magnificent colors yourself. Very…striking.” Yeah that was the word for him. Kahili turned her head to watch the rain falling and hoping that her face hadn’t turned too dark from the light blush. She wasn’t used to getting compliments and it always took an effect on her which usually resulted in a blush or even a nervous laugh.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:52 am
Casanova nodded. "Yes, I should be fine once the rain stops and my wings have the opportunity to dry. And I am fortunate indeed to have found someone to spend the time with. There is nothing worse than waiting out a storm alone." He murmured.

He took a deep breath, fanning his wings a little - he had seen how they had caught his eye. "It is times like this that, while you may be frustrated now at the rain, you will remember with fondess, I hope. A chance encounter in a storm and not the uncomfortable wetness. Memory is a wonderful thing like that."

He also had not been oblivious to the subtle blush that found her cheeks at his compliment. "If you do not mind my inquiry, my dear, what brought you to such a location on your lonesome? Tell me of your morning, and, if you are so charitable, your name?" His face was open, curious. "I am Casanova."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:30 pm
“Well sure I’ll remember being wet but surely this encouter will be a stronger memory than that,” she replied with a smile and a wink. “I’m also very thankful for the company, it should make the time pass quickly, unless the rain keeps up all day. Then who knows how long we’d be stuck here.” Kahili couldn’t help but think that wouldn’t be such a bad thing to be stuck here with him, he was nice and complimented her, even if it did make her blush, it was nice to hear.

Her head tilted at his questions and she just smiled at him. “Well I’m always on my own, sort of a traveler, like my dad. I like to find new things and maybe new adventures. Because I’m always on the move it would be hard to have someone with me all the time. But I meet plenty of interesting friends, such as yourself so it pays off in the end on some days.” She tried to think back to what exactly had brought her here to the area but couldn’t come up with anything solid. “Don’t know actually. I know I came here to the forest because of the rain but otherwise I just happened across the area by accident,” she explained with a small shrug. “Pleasure to meet you, Casanova. My name’s Kahili.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:23 pm
"Oh indeed... there is certainly no telling how long the heavens will pour out on us." Casanova agreed, also sounding not the least bit bothered by this. "Some think that the weather has a purpose for its actions - the spirits directing it as a way to interact with us in a subtle... or not so subtle... fashion." He smiled at her. "Who knows. Perhaps the spirits consorted to bring us together today, Kahili." He spoke her name as if savoring it.

"And adventures." His interest seemed piqued. "I do enjoy an adventure - to see something never seen before. To savor a new aspect of life. However, those experiences pale without someone to share it with. Someone to share those precious memories with, and in turn, to remember each other." He smiled.

"So, other than the rains, have you found anything interesting recently?"

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:07 pm
Kahili listened to him with her head tilted slightly and a smile on her face. “Sort of like fate, right? Maybe it was destiny that we met each other today under the cover of these trees. But then again everything that happens to you was meant to happen for a reason. Can’t say I mind it, you very nice, Casanova. Now if the rains had brought a kalona my way, I’d be a little worried about what the spirits were planning.” She giggled lightly and smiled at him again.

“I would love to have someone to share my memories with but I’m still young. I have many more journeys to take and other chances to find someone to share it all with.” Having a friend to travel with would be nice but she wasn’t in any hurry to find that someone to spend the rest of her life with. Whatever happened, happened, and if Mr. Right did come along she wouldn’t just let him pass her by so easily.

The light purple mare just shook her head at his question. “No I really haven’t. There isn’t much around here, besides meeting others. Someday I’d like to go see the ocean though and climb up into the mountains. I wanna see everything,” she explained as her smile grew wider.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:42 pm
"Then it sounds like fate favors you - and indeed us today, Kahili. It did not steer danger your way, but a friendly face." he chuckled along with her.

"And youth is a gift certainly not to be wasted. I dare not ask for all of your experiences, Kahili. But perhaps, just a droplet of time in the pool of your life. Where things are so fresh, the future so open for one such as yourself, I do hope that I can leave a pleasant impression. Because what is life without a connection with others? Someone to remember you, and to be remembered? Perhaps one day you shall recall upon me fondly to another. No, do not worry about me as a thief of your time, but a.." He smiled, cocking his head with a playful look "mirror to show back to you the beauty of the moment." His tail swished softly behind him.

"And I wish to see things as well - to learn and to experience and see all the wonders that this world has to offer. I have heard stories - from other soquili. I have listened to the narrations even of two-legs while I drifted along as a butterfly on the wind. The things of which they speak - and sometimes the language that they use to describe it... it is breathtaking. You wish to see the ocean. Some have said that the rain is as if the sky and air itself are trying to take on the characteristics of the sea, so jealous it is of its majesty. "

"In sheets of rain the sky descends,
And ocean swell'd with waters upwards tends;
one rising, falling one, the heavens and sea,
meet at their confines in the middle way
."

Casanova recited in velvet, reverent tones."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:02 am
Kahili raised her brows at him curiously as she listened. Half the stuff he said didn’t even register in her mind and it confused her a bit. Maybe if she just focused on the stuff she did understand and she wouldn’t look like a huge bimbo. “So far, Casanova, you have left a pleasant impression. There’s no doubt when I tell others of my journeys that you will fondly be included in those stories. Though I do not see the beauty of the moment, unless you see the rain as something beautiful. Sure it gives life to everything but it doesn’t do anything good for my hair.” She gave him a playful smile as she tossed her braids around her head.

She listened more with the smile still on her face even though she didn’t understand parts of it. He seemed wise, despite him not looking very much older than she was. Looks could be decieving though. “Someday, I will see the ocean. I do not know of all the beautiful things in this world but I hope to find them all in my lifetime. It’s a lot to do but I have faith in myself,” she nodded at him and smiled once more.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:40 am
"Ah, contrare, Kahili." He murmured as he stepped forward and brushed a lock from her face with his muzzle. "Your rain-wet mane, clinging to your neck as a lover... It is beautiful. Sensual. As if I have caught a glimpse of something intimate."

He smiled, breathing in his thoughts. "You will see the ocean some day, I am certain of it. It seems reflected in the brilliance of your eyes already. Surely, it is destiny. Were I able to be there with you when you saw it..." Casanova whickered. "That would bring me utter happiness to be by your side when your dream is achieved."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:21 am
Kahili blinked at him and the things he was saying along with his touch and could feel her face grow warm. Was it just her or was her breathing get a little uneven too? Speaking of such things as intimate and sensual and…a lover, made her feel a bit uneasy and awkward. No one had ever been so forward with her before. “Well um…I’m glad you like it,” she finally said with a smile.

The smile grew a little at more talk of destiny and she nodded. “I believe you. If you really wanted I’m sure you could come with me. I wouldn’t mind the company. Though I don’t know when I’ll get the chance to go.” Her voice grew a bit sad as she spoke the last part but she tried to keep the smile upon her face. There was still plenty of time for her to go and see the ocean but after today who knew if she’d ever see Casanova again for him to come with her.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 am
Casanova's brows creased in concern. "And what would keep you from reaching for your desires? I cannot think of what would be more pressing if this is what your heart truly yearns for?"

He looked up to the skies. "Certainly, the weather is angry today, but even the crash of lightning and drenching rains should not mire you and keep you from your dreams. Why not now? Why not today? Seize the moment and the opportunity - or else you might find yourself years from now still never having seen the sea and wishing for the strength of youth."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

vollyballrocks91

Romantic Genius

8,600 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:45 pm
Kahili just watched him and followed his gaze up to the skies, letting it sit there for a moment. “I want to go on a beautiful day, not on a miserable one. It would make the first experience one I wouldn’t truly cherish.” She looked back to him and offered another smile. “Don’t worry so much about me. I’m determined so it shouldn’t be too long before I get to see it. Really, I’m fine with just staying here for the moment. Besides if I did decide to go today, my hair would get even worse than it is now and your wings would be damaged further, keeping you grounded longer. I wouldn’t be happy knowing I had done something like that.”  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff