Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Monk/Psych Fanguild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Monk, Psych, House, USA Network, television 

Reply You'll thank me later! (Monk discussion)
Sharona vs Natalie Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who do you like better?
Sharona
36%
 36%  [ 7 ]
Natalie
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 19

Ceribri
Captain

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Who do you think is better, and why?
What makes you like/hate them?

I started watching and saw Sharona, then Natalie during a marathon (I think).. I was confused because I was used to seeing Sharona, but I grew to like Natalie after a while.

Sharona calls him "Adrian" and treats him like you would any person.
Natalie refers to him as "Mr. Monk" and really does act like his babysitter sometimes.

They both care for and respect him (on varying levels), but only in the sense that you would for a friend or relative.

Both of them also reject Randy's clear interest in them (Sharona mostly but I've noticed it with Natalie too).

So.. discuss!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:50 pm
I like Natalie more, but I'm not sure why.
It could be because I'm more used to her.
I started watching Monk after Sharona left, so I only knew Natalie as Monk's assistant.
After a while I saw Sharona in a rerun episode.
I'm not sure why, but I didn't like her.
Probably because I wasn't used to seeing her in the series.  

Azure Firefox

Pitterus

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:09 am
Hmm, I have to say Natalie. Why? I just like her better as Monk's assistant.

I've seen plenty of episodes with Sharona, and I'm used to her too, but I just think Natalie fits the job better.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:43 pm
crying i miss Sharona. She added something more the show with her attitude Betty scrum was a great actor what you saw was what you got. There is not one time i watch an episode and not wonder how Sharona would react to the situation of the crime or monks attitude. I wished they would bring her back for 1 episode.  

Peyton moore

C h i c k y_J o e

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:04 am
Hummm..
Natalie.
She dresses more appropriate and is all around sweeter!
Definetly Natalie.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:05 pm
@ Chicky: This is off-topic, but I love your siggy 3nodding  

Azure Firefox

CatalinaCat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:11 pm
I like Natalie better. I think It's because I'm used to her. I started watch just before Sharona left the show.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:17 am
Sharona: A single wie, raising a child. She was with an abusive husband, and for some reason... likes him. She was nice in a way, but she would get angry at Monk and punish him. She was funny at times, appearently loves animals. Has her Pros and Cons.

Natalie: Once again, a single wife, only this time with a daughter. Actually has normal hair. She seems to want to help Monk get past his... past. Not afraid to get her hands dirty, especially when it involves another persons life. Is a bit of a detective herself. Obviously cares about her Boss. Get's irritated at him as well. Has Pros and Cons.

It feels like Natalie has more pros then cons. I just like her more. I'm not positive about their pasts and what not, though. I haven't seen all Monk episodes.  

YAY 9000
Crew

TisBridge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:05 am
I like them both, each for different reasons. I like how Natalie just puts up with Monk and is sweet to him and I like how Sharona wasn't and didn't. Sharona was pretty funny, but I think Monk needs Natalie, she's more supportive.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:52 pm
i prefer Natalie. Not quite sure why. I think it's because she's a bit nicer than Sharona.

She just acts more like the kind of person who would be in charge of taking care of someone like Monk, you know, severe OCD that they're not quite capable of living with without a little assistance.

Also, Natalie's just got a bit more spunk. Sharona was always mean to Monk... sad Natalie's kinder.  

Jynxed1

Fiery Ingenue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:44 pm
I know...I know...my name's Natalie so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I love her...and...I think she and Monk would make a good couple. Randy's adorable...but he's just not her type. I don't know...I mean...Natalie's spouse died as well as Monk's so...they have a bond.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:27 am
twisted-ingenue
I know...I know...my name's Natalie so maybe I'm a bit biased, but I love her...and...I think she and Monk would make a good couple. Randy's adorable...but he's just not her type. I don't know...I mean...Natalie's spouse died as well as Monk's so...they have a bond.
And that's just why Natalie and Monk wouldn't work out. Trudy died. Monk cannot- and I repeat- cannot move on. He has stated this multiple times, and I really don't think anyone could handle being married to him. I think Natalie is an angel just for being able to be his assistant, but Trudy was a god. Just... GOD she was so patient, and loving, and caring, and understanding... I curse the man/woman that killed her!

R.I.P. Trudy

Bread and Butter

Yay for me getting off topic...  

YAY 9000
Crew

Marjosa

Sparkly Fairy

9,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:45 pm
I prefer Sharona.

I started watching the series years ago when Sharona was his assistant. I was so upset when they replaced her with Natalie. I've gotten used to Natalie, but I will always see Sharona as Monk's assistant.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:14 am
But Sharona was a jerk to him! AND she left just to go live with her alchoholic boyfriend/ex-husband/ex-boyfriend! Imagine the influence on poor Bengy! Or however you spell that kids name!  

YAY 9000
Crew

Dante Alicheery

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:22 am
At first, I couldn't beleive that they replaced Sharona. She was so good for Monk, and I loved her no nonsense attitude. I kind couldn't stand Natalie and her "Mr. Monks". He needs a firm hand.

But Natalie kinda grew on me, although I still miss Sharona.  
You'll thank me later! (Monk discussion)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games