Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dearly Devoted Darlings: A Dexter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Dearly Devoted Darlings
Book Vs program (I will up date this as I go read the book)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dexter
  Love it
  Hate it
View Results

Assasin Altair

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:53 pm
Hi.
I have been watching Dexter and alot of other people love it.
If you have watched it tell me what you think and why?

Personally, it's gotta be the best series I have seen.
I like how Dexter is played and portrayed.
I started reading the book and so far what I have read is about 90% true to the program, all the lines are in the program and a few added but one or two things are missing or added.
But apart from them small things everything is cool to me.

Differences from the series to the book.

Program : First episode first season. The first guy Dexter killed 3 boys and you were shown three graves.
Book :The first guy in the book is that same guy, yet in the book there is 7 graves and seven bodies.

Program : First episode first seasson. Dexter gets a call from his sister, in the program shes swearing all the time.
Book : She doesn't swear at all in the first part of the book that I have read.

So only a few small things so far that have been diffrent but it's no biggy.
That was if you wanted to know.

(If any gamers are interested at all there is a Dexter games being built.)

(UPDATE1!)

Program biggrin exter does not wear a silk mask on his first kill or any kill for that fact.
Book : Dexter wears a silk scalf thing around his face.

Program : Dexter walks into the police station in the first episode with a box of douhnuts.
Book : He buys himself a cake of some sort and buys only his sister one in a bag.

Program : Season one episode one. When Dexter sees the first body in the pool, there is a missing person that is in the book.
Book : In the book there is another women at the crime scene with her eyes on Dexter.

Program : The first body in the seasson was found in a pool.
Book : The body was found in a dumpster.

(UPDATE2!)

Program : First season first episode. Dexter is just about to take Rita out. He says he will play texas hold'em when he got back with the kids.
Book : He tells them they will play High stakes poker.

Program : First season first episode. Rita and Dexters date is at a carnival like place with people smashing crabs.
Book : In the book they went to the movies and got a drink after.

Program : First season first episode. Dexter notices the flashing lights of the police cars at the crime scene at the carnival.
Book : Dexter is driving Rita home and notices the flashing lights down a side street.

Program : First season first episode. After Dexter has looked at the second body he goes back to Ritas house and sits in the car. He strokes up her leg and she storms off.
Book : Dexter kisses her and storms off saying she isn't ready.

(A Funny one for the girls and guys mabye)
Book Only: Dexter was sleep walking naked in his house. (Don't ask me why.)

Program : First season first episode. Dexter and Deb are sitting at a cafe talking about the case and stuff. Dexter starts talking about nephews and nieces, Deb says "you sound like mum."
Book : Deb says in the book "I thought mum was dead?"

(UPDATE3!)

Program : First season first episode. At one point in the program Dexter is looknig through a window at his first victims wife crying, Doakes comes up and says "You like it when women cry?"
Book : This is not in the book

Program : First season first episode. Just after the last difference they enter the conferance room, they all sit down and talk about the case.
Book : At this point Dexter says the line that "Why in a building full of cops why Doakes is the only one that gets the creeps from me?" Which was used to earlier in the program. It was used at First seasson first episode. When you first meet Doakes when he slams the blood photos down onto Dexters desk.

Book Only : In the book Deb has another name. A joke was going around the station that gave her this nickname. The joke is like this "If her breasts were brains she'd be Einstein"

Program : In the conferance room Dexter coughs to get Debs attention when she stopped talking.
Book : When Dexter coughs Dec and Laguerta looked at him and he says "Sorry I think I'm comming down with a cold"

(UPDATED4!)

Program : First season first episode. In the program Dexter has another victims Jimmy J. (He isn't in the book yet, so there for hes not in the right place if he is in the book.)

Program : First season first episode. Dexter does not see the refrigerrated truck until after he kills Jimmy J which isn't in the book. He sees the truck at the traffic lights.

Book : Dexter has to slow down because he has a car infront of him that slowed down to see some of the prostitutes. Once the traffic had slowed down to a slither, the refrigerrated truck over takes him and gets a head start on Dexter, because Dexter didn't want to jump the car infront and the traffic lights.

Program : In the program the refrigerrated drives calmy around the streets with Dexter following, then the truck turns onto the freeway and double backs on Dexter throwing the head at his wind screen.
Book : In this there is a chase which goes up onto the freeway, the truck gets away and Dexter stops the car and looks over the sides wondering about the truck before getting back in and closing his eyes to think for a moment. Dexter hears the ding ding ding of the bridge going up, the truck was back suddenly, comming back towards him. The head gets thrown at the side of his car as the truck speeds past and smashes through a wooden barrier before getting over the opening bridge and speeding away.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:32 pm
i really like the show biggrin
it is a interesting and twisted thriller that make you think
unlike some of the poor television shows out there ('reality' shows on VH1) it is well written and compelling and, of course, addicting biggrin

both the show and books are absolutly fantastic.
though i can't say which is better....  

darasomeone

margo232

Wheezing Consumer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:08 am
did someone say dexter and game in same txt i want know more  
Dearly Devoted Darlings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items