[PRP] Style & Substance? (Sevati & Rohannon) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:15 pm
User Image

The twist and the turn. Bob and weave. Sweep and push. Sevati was doing her norm, flying in her small form, her legs buzzing over grass stalks as her glittering wings propelled her forwards. Up. Down. And sometimes in a loop when she got enough speed. It was dizzying to watch, and sometimes to do.

The crimped lengths of mane and tails spun around, flaring behind her and occasionally snared on thistle. When she did get snared, she would stop and giggled and the silliness of it, looking for all the world like a fluttering kite that the grass was flying! She would unhook herself and wing away again.

Finally, she tired of her acrobatics, and just let the wind carrying her, lazily flicking her wings every so often, breathing in the heady scent of summer flowers, drifting wherever she was pushed. She was near to a river now, and she watched it, moving like a large blue snake below her.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:17 pm
User Image

Long aquamarine hair streamed behind Rohannon like a banner as he galloped through the meadow. The flowers were at full bloom, baked in the late summer heat until the entire field had filled with its fragrance. Rohannon was quite fond of the scent, but would never lower himself to do something like rolling in them. But he had discovered that running through the field yielded the desired result of having the fragrance cling to him for a time as well as giving the added benefit of excercizing his muscles to keep himself in fit condition.

And his physique was something that Rohannon prided himself in. He was not the largest of stallions by any means. His flutter blood saw to that. Even at his full size, he was barely fourteen and a half hands. But he was lithe - toned, but hardly bulky. He saw it more than just a mark of pride, but a duty.

It was then that a flitter of brilliant white caught his attention. Something white with a glint of gold whizzed along the tops of the grass, looping and zipping up and down. It was tiny, and even the flutter almost mistook it for a large insect at first before realizing - as he saw a mane and tail flying behind it - that it was no insect but another soquili - like himself!

"A greetings!" Rohannon called out, not slowing his gallop but angling to where he would move alongside it. Interest was piqued. He had yet to meet another flutter outside of his family and was eager to see what he or she was like.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:46 am
Sevati's ears twitched; had somebody called to her? She rolled, hanging upside down in mid-air for moment, tail and mane falling towards the ground, and then she twirled back upright, her eyes darting over the stallion that had hailed her.

'My goodness,' she said, as she swooped to be hear his head.
'How you look! Aren't you glorious,' she complimented him, a broad smile on her currently little face.

'Shall I join you, or will you join me?' she asked, head canted to the side, in fact she tilted her whole body over as though she were a fluttering question mark. She hoped he would ask her to join him, she was getting slightly weary of flight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:38 am
Rohannon slowed his canter until he came to a graceful halt. The wind still lifted strands of his exorbitantly long hair as if it were a thing alive and playing with the silken tresses. His eyes focused now on the tiny soquili - her brilliant white now resolving into the form of a lovely little flutter mare. Like him. "And the sun herself would have trouble outshining such a beautiful maiden as yourself, even when you are so small." He courteously responded to her compliment.

Rohannon had never been particularly fond of adopting his small form unless absolutely necessary. It tended to garnish little respect from others, and he despised feeling so small in the world.

However, Rohannon was a gentleman of immaculate formalities, and a gentleman always went to the efforts to meet a lady, and not the other way around. "Do not trouble yourself, fair maid." He spoke, and in sudden flash, he was floating in front of her - hardly bigger than she. Even tiny, he still was poised, graceful, and dignified.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:05 am
Sevati beamed at such praise, making a little dip of a bow in the air, a wing sweeping before her in a swift fashion so that she didn't fall to the ground. Such manners as well! she thought, pleased that her flight had taken her into this stallions path.

'I am mightily pleased to see that I don't need to give you lessons on what tricks us flutters can perform.' she said, a smile still on her face, her wings twinkling still in the sun as she kept them fluttering to keep in one spot.

'So sir, what do you do on such a day as this? And what is your name? Though,' she said with a chuckle.
'Perhaps that should have been my first question. I am Sevati.'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:57 pm
Rohannon smiled charmingly and shook his head, his long mane swaying to and fro as he flitted in place. "Nay, milady, I am practiced in the magicks of our kind. Your tutilage is not necessary in such things."

At her introduction, he dropped his head low and lifted a foreleg to his chest in an elegant bow as his wings continued to flutter quickly. "My name is Rohannon, or sometimes Rohannon of the Blue Flower, or Rohannon the Fey Peacock. My father is Narcissus the Beautiful, my mother Aiyana the Alluring." He lifted his head after his lengthy introduction and met her gaze again, eyes tracing over her.

"I fear that curiousity drives me on a day such as this. I travel the lands surrounding my home, seeking whatever fortune I may happen upon. Be it a field of aromatic blossoms, or a shining diamond." His eyes lingered on Sevati. "It seems today I may be fortunate indeed."

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:32 pm
'I am very glad to hear that, now we may simply enjoy this day without one needing to teach the other.' Sevati smiled. It wasn't that she hadn't enjoyed meeting Dichali, she was just amazed that anyone of flutter blood wouldn't know how to fly or change their size.

'I'll just call you Rohannon then,' she teased a little. Such long names he had! She wondered if it was really necessary, a name was was just that, it didn't tell who you were after all. She smiled at the stallion, acknowledging the compliment with a toss of her head.

'I think I got the better half of the bargain though! You're like a jewel, sky & earth combined.' she gave a wink.
'So, what shall we find to occupy ourselves?' she asked, thinking that she might suggest a walk so she could rest her wings.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:49 am
"You may call me simply Rohannon, and give grace to my name with your pronounciation that the epithets cannot." He continued with every ounce of charm and grace. "And if you do not mind my saying so abruptly, you bear a striking resemblance to my mother and sister, although you bear the wings that they sadly were not blessed with. Truly, the fey bloodline must run strongly through your veins."

At her inquiry, Rohannon drifted evenly towards the ground, alighting on the fallen petals crushed beneath his hooves from when he had been at his full size. The fragrance was even stronger so close to the crushed anthers of the flower. "It is not often that I explore at my reduced size. Mere flowers are trees, and the trees are giants that claw at the sky. Perhaps, it might be a bit of an adventure to walk at the level of the ground with you beside me?"

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 am
Sevati giggled this time, her crimped tresses falling across her face as she did so. With a graceful flick of her head, she swished the mane out of her view and smiled at him, her eyes twinkling.

'I must say sir, you do speak so prettily, then again I suppose your manner of speech must reflect how you look.'
She tilted her head at his comments.
'Really? So you are a flutter on your father's side then?'

Sevati let out an inward sigh of relief; thank the spirits! She followed his lead, floating down and after landing, let her wings drop for a moment.
'I've been flying far too long today,' she confessed.

'But I do so love the feeling! Floating along above the world, without a care. And when it's a day like today, it's an idyllic feeling.' she smiled at Rohannon.
'But, walking along with company, I believe that is even better.'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:26 pm
Rohannon peered into Sevati's eyes as she tossed her mane away from them. "Your eyes.." he breathed. "Men seek golden treasures in all the wrong places it seems. For you posses them in your very eyes."

His wings folded together, clasped together upright and he looked about them - the stalks of the flowers forming a forest around them. "Every bit of this world holds wonders - from the gift of flight and traversing the breezes, both large and small. The grand valleys, forceful rivers. But the small things hold every bit as much beauty as the large. And it is only our kind that has the ability to appreciate both." He nodded to her and then gestured towards a gap between the stalks. Fallen petals littered the ground and Rohannon smiled.

"And I could not agree with you more, Sevati. Shall we explore this miniature forest of flowers?"

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:30 am
Sevati coloured at his words, but kept her head up high, proud that she'd elicited such praise from a stallion that if anything was prettier than she was.

'Sweet words,' she replied, returning his gaze with a steady one of her own.
'Deep blue..the endless sky.' was how she described his own eyes. She smiled slowly, and when he looked away she fanned herself a little..my my she thought.

'I would say you speak much truth Rohannon.' his name was spoken lightly, her inflection carressing the syllables, as though she could think of nothing greater that her mouth could say.

'Plodding along, towering with heavy hooves, most cannot see what is below their nose, except when they eat it of course! The flowers are the best though, sometimes I can get quite light hearted if I immerse myself in too much pollen. I spiral around, on giddy wings.' she giggled at that thought.
'We shall,' she said, and stepped forward, her wings still for once, her tail sweeping the floor behind her.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:18 pm

"Verily," Rohannon responded. "I do pride myself in speaking nothing but truths." He smiled, striding alongside her with confident steps. His gait seemed unchanged by his size - every bit as confident and proud despite the fact that now the flowers of the field dwarfed him. "Of course, to different people, there can be different truths. But I speak my heart, and to that, you have my word as a gentleman." He dipped his head momentarily.

The shadows of the blossoms cast down on them like thick folliage of a forest. However, the 'tree trunks' of forest was of such vibrant greens, and the boughs in all the colors of the flowers. It truly was like a magical world. He breathed in the sweet necter-laden air. "The aroma can truly be intoxicating." He agreed. "I imagine that the worlds of faery beyond this must be something like this. That our priviledged ancestry is what allows us to glimpse this world within a world." Despite the fantastic implications, Rohannon seemed quite serious.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:11 am
Sevati giggled to herself - verily?, was that even a word? She wondered, but decided it would be rude, and she might show herself up as not being so verbally in the know as this pretty stallion was. And she really hoped to keep up the good impression she seemed to have made so far.

'You did not have to tell me you're a gentleman,' the mare said quietly.
'That I had already determined, from your gait, your stance and your definate and fine way of speaking which I mentioned before.'

Her wings lowered and rose slowly, fanning the air about herself, and she took long breaths of the air as she did, not too much though as she felt it would do well to be at least a little level-headed around Rohannon.
Priviledge ancestry? She wasn't sure what he meant by that; she'd always found that was blessed to be able to further the growth of the plants, and that she could take to the wing when so many were anchored to the ground.

'You think of a world beyond this one then?' she asked carefully.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 pm
Rohannon bowed his head again in thanks to her compliments to his stature. "And you, milady, are the definition of grace and nobility. Surely there must be royalty in your blood as well." He smiled.

He strolled casually, observing, and drawing attention to the new budding flowers - the exquisite process of life visible to their kind at such a size that they could observe the very birth of the beauty of the flowers, and the simplest startings of the future-mighty trees before they are even saplings. For while Rohannon certainly preferred his larger size, he could certainly appreciate the gift of having the ability to take this form.

"I believe... nay, I know that it exists. That magic has a source and somewhere beyond the curtain of What Is, there is a birthplace of our kind, or at least our ancestors. A land of Morning, a land of fey. Perhaps the road is closed to us now, but I can feel it in my very blood with utmost certainty." He spoke quite seriously before looking back to his lady companion. "I do hope that such notions do not sound mad to you.

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

Sayuri_Nitta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:28 pm
'Royalty? Not from what I know about my parents. They were just flutters, like me.' Sevati said, giving a little nonchalant flap pf her wings. Of course, she hadn't really inquired too deeply into her lineage, both her parents were too free-spirited to care about that sort of thing at any rate.

She listened to Rohannon's notions, pondering them in silence, thinking them over before she answered. It wasn't anything that she'd ever given much thought to before, but she had to concede that the basis of who they were was so different that it had to come from somewhere that was..other.

'Not mad no. Just. Thought provoking. There is something behind your words I am sure.' she nodded.
'We can size at will, and have such rapport with plantlife that we can make it flourish. There has to be, as you say, a source to what we can do.'

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff