Submit

Charging Krogan

Liberal Fairy

7,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:07 pm
Xian found that his wanderlust was beginning to stir again, and the healthy stallion figured that since nothing was tying him to the current spot he was occupying, he might as well put his hooves to good use and get going wherever the direction of the wind would take him. Trotting lightly out from the small group of trees he had called home for the past few days, the stood still, letting the air stir his braided and beaded hair. It seemed a gentle east wind was blowing, urging him onwards. He knew that a small, but clean, stream was located a few minutes away from where he was at the moment, and a cool drink sounded like the perfect way to start off this gorgeous summer day.

The black and white Soquili began to make his way across the grassy plain, stopping every now and then to enjoy the scenery, to make a quick snack of the grass beneath his feet, or to even enjoy the scent of a flower or two along the way. The physically and mentally balanced Xian had never been above admiring the pretty colors in flowers that seemed to be so absent in himself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:04 pm
The day found a particularly colorful mare dancing amongst the flowers. Glitter always loved flowers and was inexorably drawn to them no matter where she roamed. She raced hither and thither, chasing the bugs that always surrounded such lovely blooms. The air was thick with the sweet smell and Glitter breathed it in happily. She shook her multicolored mane in the breeze and kicked up her hind legs in pure joy before continuing her running circuit of the field.

The sound and scent of rushing water called to her and she slowed her pace. She twisted her ears this way and that until she was confident which direction the noise was coming from. She was parched from her activities and a cool bath sounded like a welcome refreshment in the heat. She picked her way carefully to the stream, wary of snakes and other dangers that may lurk in the taller grass and bushes that cropped up as she neared the water. She made it with no incident and bent her neck to drink deeply from the clear, cool water, splashing it about in an effort to cool herself in the process. She decided to wade in up to her shoulder while she drank.

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Charging Krogan

Liberal Fairy

7,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:48 am
Xian had spotted the playful and colorful mare as she had been playing among the flowers, her coat and mane colors matching the summer flowers almost perfectly. The black-and-white moved forward, wondering if he should seek the happy mare's company as he continued on his way to the stream. And then it seemed that her mind was the was same as his own, as she picked her way carefully along the land, and into the stream to stand. Not wanting to startle her, Xian stood a short distance from the bank of the stream, and called out to her to make his presence known. "Greetings, fair lady," he said easily, bowing his head to her as he took a step forward.

"I couldn't help but to notice you playing among the flowers," he continued, a kind and curious expression in his eyes, "and I also couldn't help wondering what the name of such a lovely mare might be. I am Xian," he said, offering her his own name. "Could I trouble you to tell me your name in return?" The stallion had to admit that with the water running over her colorful coat, it seemed that bits of her were almost shimmering and sparkling, and he found her to be quite beautiful.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:09 am
She shook her mane out vigorously, then stopped suddenly at the sound of a voice calling to her. She swiveled in the stream to regard the stallion that had addressed her. She smiled, despite herself as the handsome black and white male complimented her. She waded closer to shore, flicking her tail behind her and splashing the water about her casually. She paused a few strides from the bank and the stallion standing there. "My name is Glitter Rock, but such a fine stallion such as yourself may call me Glitter." There was a jovial tone to her voice, an underlying amused laughter. She was not mocking him, but was pleased for the company. "Did you come down here to drink, Xian?" She gestured with her head towards the stream she was still standing up to her knees in. "The water is cool and refreshing, especially after a journey, as you're undoubtedly just disembarked from. Please, join me." She gave him a warm smile and stepped aside so he could drink.  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Charging Krogan

Liberal Fairy

7,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:11 am
Xian was pleased when it seemed his advances and interuption of her time wasn't minded at all. Indeed, it seemed even that she was as interested in him as he was in her. "Indeed, I have journeyed a bit today, and found myself wanting a cool drink before I continued onwards. However, pleasant company such as this is enough to still my wandering hooves for a little while." He made his way down the softly sloping bank of the freshwater stream, lowering his head to take a much needed drink, his eyes still on the lovely mare that had deemed him worthy of her company.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Glitter," he said as he lifted his head, shaking his mane lightly to dislodge any water that might have decided to cling there. "I saw you playing amongst the flowers, and for a moment, mistook you for a lovely blossom, so bright and pretty are your colors. I must look quite dull next to you." He gave her a grin, and moved a little deeper into the water, as well as moving a little closer to the colorful mare that was still holding his attention.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:54 am
She watched him with interest as he tossed his mane, the tiny droplets that had hung there sparkling in the light as they flew away. She felt her face flush at his compliments and she shook her head gently. "Quite the contrary. You are a glorious contrast of colors, dark and light. Such a rich black and pure white, certainly you don't really think of yourself as dull." Her voice was slightly chiding and playful and she flashed him a brilliant smile and took a step towards him. She shook her hair playfully, showering the stallion with water. She fluttered her lashes coyly and took another drink of water as though she had done nothing.  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Charging Krogan

Liberal Fairy

7,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:42 pm
Xian chuckled, and shook his head. "If it is as you say, lady, then it is as you say, for not a single word of untruth could fall from such a lovely mouth." He stamped his foot in the water playfully to splash her a bit, tossing his head to move a few of his braids out of his eyes. He hadn't had this much fun with a Soquili in quite a while. "I hope I'm not being too forward when I say that this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship, Glitter." He spoke with sincerity now, and he gave her a winning smile. Xian was sure that the winds of good fortune and fate had brought him to this spot.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:06 am
She lifted her head from the water and returned his smile. "It's not too forward at all. You and I seem akin in spirit and I can see us as being famous friends." She couldn't remember the last time she'd felt so relaxed around a perfect stranger. And such a friendly and handsome one at that! She shook her head slightly, feeling light and carefree. "Are you a wanderer as well? I tend to travel all over the place to see what I can see and meet whom I might meet." She gave him a playful wink and chuckled.  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Charging Krogan

Liberal Fairy

7,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:30 am
Xian dipped his head to take another drink from the cool water, before putting himself into motion, climbing up the gentle slope of the bank. "A wanderer I am by nature, Glitter," he said with a nod, motioning with a gesture of his hoof for her to join him upon the sun-warmed grass. "I don't really have a single place that I call home. I prefer to think that home just follows me wherever I go. It's much easier to find a place to sleep at night, or have dinner when hunger strikes." He nickered at her quietly, clearly enjoying his time with her. She was so lovely to speak with, and not to mention lovely to look at. "I hope you don't find this a rude question, but... I would truly like to know if you are... attached to someone."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:09 pm
She followed him out of the water and shook herself as gently as she could so as not to send water showering all over the place and all over her new companion. "I have a home to return to," she said, smiling. "I just can't go back yet. I'm sort of on a mission to educate myself before returning to my mother and father and claiming a place among their herd." She laughed lightly, then paused at his next comment. "Attached..? Well... no..." she said coyly, batting her lashes. She hadn't really given much thought to stallions in that particular way, and now suddenly strange feelings welled within her. She felt her cheeks darken and she pretended to look at the flowers along the bank. "And yourself?" she said as nonchalantly as she could.  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Charging Krogan

Liberal Fairy

7,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:19 pm
"May answer is the same as yours, Glitter. I've no one to call my own, just as I've no place to really call my own." Home wasn't something he considered a place, but a rather a feeling he experienced when around his father, or even his brother. His thoughts drifted for a moment to his mother, before his shook his head mentally. Not the time to think of her. "You say you have a herd to return to? Is this your family, or another group of your choosing?" It was obvious Xian was quite taken with the colorful female, and was genuinely interested in what she had to say. "My family is a bit scattered through out these lands, but I know that in some places it is more common to stay with your kin, than to set out to be on your own, or to join another family."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:11 am
She couldn't help a thrill of happiness when he responded that he was unattached. She continued to gaze away from him at the bright flowers, missing his momentary lapse into memory. At his further questioning she turned back to him. "The herd is my family, though it is a small lot. My mother is the Alpha and my father is our Protector. I many siblings and other family members, but we are not all part of the herd." She let her mind linger on her siblings for a moment. She made a mental note to allow her wanders to include visits to them as well. A smile spread across her face as she thought more on her family. She had to admit to missing them in her long absence. Perhaps the day was coming soon that she would return to them. "Too many of my family's members are scattered. I should like to see them again. It's been too long. What about your family members? Are you close with many of them?"  

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items