[PRP] Findin' My rythem (Vinca & Mawi)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 am
User Image

She had started to grow, and this wasn't a bad thing really, her legs were longer, her voice had changed from the squeeky cub whistle to a much more delecate tone. yet, she hadn't yet found her rythem yet. The tone which should have run her life came and went like a flying bird.

Her mother helped of course, gave her guidance but as soon as the song was upon her lips it found another direction and flitted off in to the sun, or so it seemed.

Today she was wandering about, the sunshine playing on her deep teal fur, her head turned to the skies in search of guidance and that all important voice of rythem. She so baddly wanted to find her own tune.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:29 am
User Image
Mawi Mai had also been growing, more than Vinca had though. She was a adult now. The same size as her mother and everything. But that didn't mean she still acted like a cub some times, then again most of her friends were younger than her and her sister.

She let out a small yawn as she walked toward her favorite spot. It wasn't that far from the drum circle, so when others were out she could hear the wonderful music, under a large shady tree. She smiled as she spotted it, right away slipping out of her drum and laying down under the tree pulling her drum toward her.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:13 pm
Pading towards the drum circle the little lioness smiles as she spotted a familiar figure. or was it familiar? She seemed larger. Pausing, though only for a moment the teal coloured lioness bounced towards mawi Mai without any hesitation "mawi!" She chirpped her tail flickerign high in the air her spirits hightened as she found someone, whom maybe could inspire her.

Skidding to a quick stop she looked at the older lioness, she was fully grown now, as large as her own mother. She contemplated if she could greet the elder as she would treat ehr own mother, with the brush of a cheek?

She shook away the thought and simply sat, her golden eyes smiling happily. "It's been a while, you got bigger."she states in a rather matter of fact manner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:33 am
Mawi Mai's ears perked up. She heard a little voice calling for her, or to her. She was slightly annoyed a first. If it was one of those cubs that were her 'half siblings' she wasn't going to be very happy with them. She really didn't like them much. Why? She wasn't really that sure herself. She was so used it it being her mother, Taka and herself, now there were seven little cubs.

But she didn't reconize the voice right away. It wasn't one of the cubs. She relaxed and looked over her shoulder and then arched a brow. The colorful cub was coming toward her. She was trying to think of the parnets of that coloring. Then when the cub spoke it was clearer.

"Oh my! Hello Vinca!" She grinned, shifting so she was sitting. "Yes I have, you have grown yourself little one." Her voice was soft. She liked cubs as long as they wern't her siblings. "Its nice to see you again."

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:05 am
Vinca giggles. "yes, mama says I'll be grown and have my own tune in no time." She beames playfully, her beautiful golden eyes looking over the older female. It was unusal for Vinca to admire somone, other than her mother, but Mawi Mai was worth admiring, in her head any way.

"I'v been trying so hard to find my song, i know it's some where but I can never seem to get ahold of it." She huffs a little at this statement. "mama says it will come with time." She rolls her eyes, still impatient, still cub like, "When did you find your song Mawi? i bet you were much younger then me. "Another sigh issued then.

"I want my song so baddly, is there a way to make it come quicker Mawi Mai?" She purrrs looking expectantly at the older femme.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:19 am
Mawi Mai smiled and nodded, shifting on her haunches, as she did. "Yes. I would have to agree with your mother. Time moves fast." She chuckled a bit, she could remember when she was younger and running around with all of her friends.

Then as the cub continued to talk a small smile rose on her maw. "Time will come. As I said before your mother is right." She could remember when she wanted to find her song to. She wanted to be out there dancing all of the time. "I was about the same age as you. I went on my drum quest, that is the time I found it. Before that I was making songs but not mine." She nodded.

"I don't think that it will come quicker. I won't lie. It comes when the time is right." She made a small face. "I've heard most find it on the drum quest." She nodded again, thinking.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:35 pm
The little lioness sighed. Mawi was speaking just as her mother had, time, time moved fast apparantly, to her it felt like it went along at a snails pace. Every moment ticking away slower than any moment should. All this time without her song.

"I like the songs the rains make, its like a pretty pitter patter." She puurrs looking dreamily to the skies for a long moment.

At the mention of a drum quest, Vinca pursed ehr lips "Drum quest? When do i get to go on mine Mawi?" her eyes danced happily, perhaps ths was how she was supposed to get her song. Maybe she could go right now and be back with her song before night fall.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:52 am
Mawi Mai hated hearing that sigh. She didn't like telling the other cubs that, but it was true. She would have to wait a bit.

"That's a good start. You could dance to that sound, or even make a drum sound like the rain. It might help a bit, you know, practicing. Practice makes perfect." She smiled and nodded, she knew not everyone was wonderful at music, even in this pride.

"Yup. And As soon as you talk to my mom. She is a gray lioness, some what looks like me, she is the drum maker. Before you go on your drum quest you have to go talk to her. She will help you make your drum then your on your way." She nodded, she was like her mother, she loved teaching others of music. Thats why she was apprenticeing under her.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:42 pm
Vinca looked thougthful, her drum? She would have a drum one day, it made her happy, even though she wanted her drum now, she wanted her tune she wanted it to be in her head so she could sing it to everyone.

Flickering her tail she looked up in to the trees and puurred happily. "I like to sing with the rain, it's such a pretty sound." Smiling she gave a nod, half satisfied that she must wait but she wouldn't have to wait forever.

"Will you come and help me make my drum too Mawi? !'d like it if you were there" she beams her bright golden eyes shimmering hopefully.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:37 pm
Mawi Mai smiled at her purr and then flicked the hair out of her eyes. "Rain is a wonderful sound and inspiration. I have heard of some others who also love the rain." She then made a small, but playfull, face. "Just as long as you don't get a cold afterward the rain is fun to dance and sing in." She chuckled a bit as she shifted back on her haunches.

At the cubs next question she blinked thinking. She wasn't sure if she could, then again if she helped her mother teach the little one it is more that she could learn... She was always wanting to learn more about her mothers spot. "I don't know if I can... But I'll talk to my mother and see if I can." She looked down and grinned not really able to resit the look she was getting, she knew she was a adult now, now being able to resit that cubbish look. "I'll see what I can do." She nodded.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 am
"Yay!" Vinca giggled happily bounding about her tail flicked high in the air. She strutted for a moment before coming back to rest once again before mawi mai her paws resting over the older females.

"Will you sing a song to me Mawi mai? I want to listen" She puurrs a quite sleepy look passing over her face. She wanted to learn all she could but the day was already starting to wane and her eyes were feeling droopy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:05 pm
Mawi Mai smiled and nodded to the cub. "No problem little one." She smiled as she nodded to the cub. She flicked the hair out of her eyes then looked up and shifted on to her haunches before looking back down at the cub.

"Ummm... I'm not the greatest around with singing but I don't see why not." She wasn't a bad singinger at all but she would rather dance or better yet she would rather work her drum. She shifted her drum to the front of her and tapped it a few times thinking.

"Zwa le lizwe bo
Zwa le lizwe bo
Zwa le lizwe bo
Zwa lomhlaba

Cula ngo thando bo
Dansa ngo umoya bo
Cula ngo thando bo
Zwa lomhlaba."

She sung the song right off of her head, it was the one she knew the best. She sung in a sweet voice, really nice voice, a few parts off pitch a few times but other than that it was good, she flicked her tail behind her to make the rattling sound and beat on her drum to go along with the sound. As she finished te smiled at the cub. "How was that little one?" She smiled more as she shifted her drum around.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:20 pm
Vinca gazed up at the elder female, her gentle eyes dancing happily. "It was beautiful mawi mai!" She purrs, her young herat beat a rythem in ehr chest, the song had been beautiful and exciteing to her. She hoped she would one day have a song as beautiful.

She let a yawn roll over her tongue then and blinked sleepily. "I should go. I'm gunna tell mama all about getting my drumand how you're going to help me find my rythem." She puffed out her tiny chest proudly clambering to her paws. "

She took a step away then only to pause and look abck at the adult female. "Can I come soon Mawi mai? Do you think? I know I can get my drum and play a tune from my heart I just know it!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:14 pm
Mawi Mai grinned at the cubs reaction. She loved hearing that others enjoyed her music, it made her feel good. And Since she always belived that singing was her week spot that was even better the hear that her singing was good.

She chuckled at the cub's yawning then nodded. "Okay. It also looks like you should get some sleep while your at that little one." She chuckled just a bit.

She went to start walking but then she paused. "Sure Vinca. I don't see why not. And when you get your drum I'd love to see it." She grinned at her then nodded. "See you around Vinca." She nodded then started to head off toward the lake.

Yin-Bug

Mega Streaker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:25 pm
Vinca giggled happily, padding her way towards her mothers den her head held high and her lips curled in a smile. She would soon have her drum and she would play with Mawi mai.

She let a wide yawn roll over her lips, she was ready for a long sleep and tomorrow she would go to see mawi mai's mother and get her drum.

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games