Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply Greek Mythology Guild
Hades: Where is the Love? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think Hades can be trusted?
  Totally
  NO WAY
  Sometimes
  Other (WHAT "OTHER" CAN THERE BE???)
View Results

Ghostlindsay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:48 pm
I have a Political Science teacher like that, but usually the debates have something to do with class.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:10 am
Hermes07
I adore Hades, one of the very few faithful husbands and a proud one at that. He never wanted to be lord of the dead and is sore on the subject, and it was Persephone who choose to stay with him. She ate three seeds of her own free will and told her mother the story of how she was tricked into eating only one. He gave her a small paradise so she wouldn't feel to far from her mother well she was away and never had a child because she wished to stay pure. This was very rare for back then. To have any respect for a woman as a person not just something you owned. He had the respect and he loved her very much.

Hades did actually try to have an affair (with wood nymph, Mintha), but Persephone turned her into a mint plant before anything could happen...

This supports my favored version of the story - that Persephone did end up falling in love with her husband! Eventually.

As for the whole relation thing - Zeus married his sister, so hah blaugh  

Persephone_xx

Ghostlindsay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:44 am
Persephone_xx
Hermes07
I adore Hades, one of the very few faithful husbands and a proud one at that. He never wanted to be lord of the dead and is sore on the subject, and it was Persephone who choose to stay with him. She ate three seeds of her own free will and told her mother the story of how she was tricked into eating only one. He gave her a small paradise so she wouldn't feel to far from her mother well she was away and never had a child because she wished to stay pure. This was very rare for back then. To have any respect for a woman as a person not just something you owned. He had the respect and he loved her very much.

Hades did actually try to have an affair (with wood nymph, Mintha), but Persephone turned her into a mint plant before anything could happen...

This supports my favored version of the story - that Persephone did end up falling in love with her husband! Eventually.

As for the whole relation thing - Zeus married his sister, so hah blaugh

I never heard that one before. Interesting. And it's nice to think that spending enough time with someone can make you love them. Too often it's the other way around.

Technicly, all of the gods are related to one another in some way. So, yeah, it's imposable to avoid the insest thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:10 pm
The only way they could get maried to someone who wasn't related to them would be to marry a mortal and pretty much none of them wanted to do that. SOme did but not many of them.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

DeleteThisInactiveAccount

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:11 pm
Queen-of-the-Rogue
The only way they could get maried to someone who wasn't related to them would be to marry a mortal and pretty much none of them wanted to do that. SOme did but not many of them.

Dionysus is the only one that immideately comes to mind, yeah.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:52 pm
mmmh I totally agree. I"m always ranting about him, as he is my favorite, and think Disney should die for making him a twisted villian in Hercules. He's already disliked enough!! poor guy.... emo  

NekoMimi916

Ares or Mars

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:39 am
Why don't people like Hades? Simple. Most people generally don't like to die - suicide victims and the occasional crazy don't count. Hades is Lord of the Dead. The words Lord of the Dead makes people think death. Nobody likes to think about death. See where I'm going with this? It doesn't help that a majority of you are going to Asphodel fields either. Not a cheery concept. I love sending you mortals down there. smile  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:55 pm
Ares or Mars
Why don't people like Hades? Simple. Most people generally don't like to die - suicide victims and the occasional crazy don't count. Hades is Lord of the Dead. The words Lord of the Dead makes people think death. Nobody likes to think about death. See where I'm going with this? It doesn't help that a majority of you are going to Asphodel fields either. Not a cheery concept. I love sending you mortals down there. smile

Ah, yes, it does seem like Ares is responsible for half of the "I hate/fear Hades" thing...  

White Queen Amata

Ares or Mars

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:02 pm
White Queen Amata
Ares or Mars

Ah, yes, it does seem like Ares is responsible for half of the "I hate/fear Hades" thing...

...maybe. I'm not saying anything! scream  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:01 pm
Yes and I wonder if Hades is annoyed with you for making him work overtime in Wars or basically when you get bored. But you have a point not many people like to think about Death.  

Queen-of-the-Rogue

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Ares or Mars

9,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:48 am
Queen-of-the-Rogue
Yes and I wonder if Hades is annoyed with you for making him work overtime in Wars or basically when you get bored. But you have a point not many people like to think about Death.

He is. He gripes at me about it all the time. Lots of traffic congestion down there. Of course I have a point! I'm just amazing like that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:00 pm
I don't hate Hades but he's alright. I like that he seems like a firm god.
I trad somewhere that back in ancient greece the people honored him more in private but they didn't have a temple for him like the other gods.  

Herry Rockabore

Shadowy Explorer

11,700 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

within love

Devout Grabber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:19 am
I don't really hate Hades. I kind of like his job and all. He just needs a little love!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:34 am
Luna Lumine
Hermes07

~That just made my day. Thanks.

~I thought it was that and the fact that Hades was infertile, as a Lord of the Dead should be (quoted from a random website I forgot the title/address of.) Come to think of it, usually the male gods can't keep it in their pants.

~Where's the love for Hades? In the mourner's hearts, pointed in the other direction. It's simple. Woebegone and greiving family and friends hate him because he is a reminder of their loved ones' deaths.

Hades needs a hug or two.
Is anyone other than me willing to give it to him?
Because i am not sure if Cows can give hugs!  

Javier Cross

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:29 pm
Javier Cross
Luna Lumine
Hermes07

~That just made my day. Thanks.

~I thought it was that and the fact that Hades was infertile, as a Lord of the Dead should be (quoted from a random website I forgot the title/address of.) Come to think of it, usually the male gods can't keep it in their pants.

~Where's the love for Hades? In the mourner's hearts, pointed in the other direction. It's simple. Woebegone and greiving family and friends hate him because he is a reminder of their loved ones' deaths.

Hades needs a hug or two.
Is anyone other than me willing to give it to him?
Because i am not sure if Cows can give hugs!

I'd give him a hug, but I'm deathly affrighted that he might take it badly and send me to Tartaros, where I'd get squeezed by iron chains for one hundred years. No thanks.  
Greek Mythology Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff