*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
So what about smoking? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So that smoking thing? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
  Tobacco is ok
  Weed is ok
  They're both ok
  They're both wrong
  Either in moderation
  Does it even matter if it is?
View Results

bethica2001

1,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 am
So, I saw that there was a thread about whether or not drink is a sin or not, or if it's a drunkinness and moderation thing...

But what about smoking? That is tobacco and or weed? Is there a difference? Are either sins?

Cuz as far as I know, smoking anything in any form isn't really discussed anywhere in the bible...

what do ya'll think?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:11 pm
Why would drinking be a sin? Don't some Catholics and other religious sects drink wine (the blood of Christ) as a religious practice? If drinking is a sin, then I guarantee Hell's got quite a few upstanding men and women in there as of today.

I don't see why smoking cigarettes or marijuana would be a "sin" either. In my opinion, if God wanted to condemn people to Hell, He'd pick better reasons than indulging in a little high every now and then.

b-asinine

Darkx_xAngelx_x237

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:00 pm
Drinking has a limit. If you drink to get waisted then that's bad. If you drink wine in honor of God or if you'er just trying to digest faster than your metabolism lets you, then no, not bad.

Why would anyone want to smoke in the first place? If you're already addicted do everything you can not to be. Your body is considered God's home and relation to your own; why would you want to destroy your own house? The place you live in and are suppose to take care of? I'm not sure if you would call it a sin persay, but whether it is or not, why would you do it? It also hurts your body.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:39 pm
User Image
He has Redeemed Me!Though I

No smoking or doing drugs is not a sin. However, by doing these things it makes you an easy target for you to Sin. And in a very bad way.

However, Jesus did say to obey the law, and doing drugs and smoking underage is disobeying the law (and probably your parents as well.) And in that scenario, it would be a Sin.

User Image

am undeserving, He gave his life for mine.

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:22 pm
I believe that anything that perverts the Temple of the Lord (our bodies) is a sin.

But God isn't going to send people to hell for smoking. The only reason there is a hell is for those that don't choose the salvation of Jesus Christ. So the people that someone mentioned that would be in hell for drinking, they wouldn't be in there for that. If they accepted Christ but still got drunk or drank wine or what not, but asked forgivness in times when they went overboard then i think it's fine. We shouldn't be like "well it's okay because i can ask forgiveness" but still, that won't send you to hell smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:20 pm
I think they are bad if they are done against the law. Underage smoking and marijuana are illegal. We are supposed to obey the law as long as we won't be disobaying God if we do. Plus smoking isn't good for you, and prolonged smoking kills people, and people who just breathe second hand smoke. So in my opinion it's wrong to break the law, and smoking is dangerous, so I'm against it. Plus, last year my grandpa died of cancer after working with smokers, and he wasn't a smoker himself. And yes, we are supposed to take care of our bodies, and smoking is just careless. It ruins the bodies that God gave us.  

Vaeltaja

lolkweernut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:43 pm
User Image

@Siren of Saturn: I agree completely.
========
Moko <33

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:10 pm
Yirah
I think they are bad if they are done against the law. Underage smoking and marijuana are illegal. We are supposed to obey the law as long as we won't be disobaying God if we do. Plus smoking isn't good for you, and prolonged smoking kills people, and people who just breathe second hand smoke. So in my opinion it's wrong to break the law, and smoking is dangerous, so I'm against it. Plus, last year my grandpa died of cancer after working with smokers, and he wasn't a smoker himself. And yes, we are supposed to take care of our bodies, and smoking is just careless. It ruins the bodies that God gave us.

Plus its an addiction in most cases, which is clearly stated in the Bible to be a sin.  

genbounty

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:43 pm
I don't think it's a sin. I mean if I remember correctly, didn't Jesus and the disciples drink wine at the last supper. If it was a sin then wouldn't they have already damned themselves to hell? Just a thought.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:58 pm
Dark Angel Rai
I don't think it's a sin. I mean if I remember correctly, didn't Jesus and the disciples drink wine at the last supper. If it was a sin then wouldn't they have already damned themselves to hell? Just a thought.
I think they are talking about smoking, not drinking ^.^ I agree with your view on drinking if that helps  

genbounty

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:10 am
genbounty
Dark Angel Rai
I think they are talking about smoking, not drinking ^.^ I agree with your view on drinking if that helps
I know. I just threw in drinking because I think someone said something about drinking or I was thinking about drinking as a sin. Curse my ADD. >.<  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:03 pm
Well, people argue it isn't. But then, if your body is a sanctuary that God made, and he doesn't want you doing things like cutting yourself, then smoking and drugs are like that, too, and also sinful.

As for wine, it has benefits for your health, so that's different. It's made of grapes, so yeah. razz I think the super harmful alcohol is probably bad.  

iMystere

Kateryna of Kyiv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:14 pm
Siren of Saturn
I believe that anything that perverts the Temple of the Lord (our bodies) is a sin.

But God isn't going to send people to hell for smoking. The only reason there is a hell is for those that don't choose the salvation of Jesus Christ. So the people that someone mentioned that would be in hell for drinking, they wouldn't be in there for that. If they accepted Christ but still got drunk or drank wine or what not, but asked forgivness in times when they went overboard then i think it's fine. We shouldn't be like "well it's okay because i can ask forgiveness" but still, that won't send you to hell smile

Spoken like a true Mormon.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:52 pm
Well, it may be mind altering, and cigarettes are bad for the lungs. And when your mind is altered by weed, you may do things you do not remember, or would not do sober. Personally, I do not think it is ok. But I have friends who I love dearly that get high on a constant bases. It makes me depressed. And all of my friends who do it are either depressed, have severe family problems, or otherwise. I do not know if it is the problems that make them smoke, or the smoke (in same cases, not all) That makes them have some problems. I mean, they seem more depressed in the days after they smoke.  

godessoftheflute3

godessoftheflute3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:57 pm
In fact, there was this one young man (whom my friend dated) And he got so into drugs, he became a dealer. I talked to him, I cared for him as a brother. But he got horrible. He smoked and drank so much that he started telling serious lies. He lived with a girl, and while doing that, he tried to get me and my best friend to have sex with him. He had sex with over sixty girls while he was drunk or high, he told me 'I do not like being sober, because I cannot express myself' But to me, the drugs altered his mind, and made him express things he never truely wanted. It was horrible. The girl he was living with he lied to and told her that me and my friend sought after him. I have a fiance I love dearly, and my friend was his ex who would never dream of ruining his new relationship. He got schizoprenic from the drugs, and thought the FBI was after him. He told lies to his girlfriend, who was 15. He was 19. The parents let him live with her and have sex with her every night. The relationship lasted only two months, then he left her. Anyway, no, a little drugs may lead to a lot of drugs, which may lead to a lot of problems.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff