fantasma_mirth
Crew

Familiar Specter

10,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:42 pm
Just bringing it to everyone's attention people! If you want to sigh here's the link, if you don't want to sign then don't.

http://www.petitiononline.com/RHremake/petition.html cry  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:38 pm
I personally don't see what's wrong with a remake.
They are two separate movies, and a remake is not going to change the original, it's not going to make it any less good.
If you don't like that they're remaking it, then just don't watch it.

I personally want to see what they can do with a remake, who they're going to cast.
If it sucks (which it probably will) then I'll get a good laugh out of it.
The original will always be placed first and foremost in my heart, no matter how good or bad the remake is.  

Erotic Nightmares
Crew

Scarlet Monroe

Aged Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:05 am
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 am
Erotic Nightmares
They are two separate movies, and a remake is not going to change the original, it's not going to make it any less good.

I personally want to see what they can do with a remake, who they're going to cast.
The original will always be placed first and foremost in my heart, no matter how good or bad the remake is.

Really I wouldn't mind a remake either, but not like this. I don't trust MTV to make this. I also don't think Manson is a good pick for Frank. Manson has a history of wanting to play all manner of characters that he really shouldn't play.  

fantasma_mirth
Crew

Familiar Specter

10,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Rebel Spark 50

The Amazing Bert Schnick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:32 pm
Erotic Nightmares

I totally agree with you. And who knows, there might be the very slight chance that it might be good.

Edit: Also, if people think this movie is going to bomb and suck, why petition against it? If MTV puts the money and effort forward to make it, then it bombs, MTV is going to lose money and learn their lesson about remaking great films. I just say this because it sounds more like people have a problem with MTV remaking it, and not the idea of the remake itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:25 pm
if they remake it, its not gonna be any good anyway. I might go see it, just to laugh and see how awful it is  

Mula Luna

Erotic Nightmares
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:59 pm
DrCosmoMcKinley
Erotic Nightmares

I totally agree with you. And who knows, there might be the very slight chance that it might be good.

Edit: Also, if people think this movie is going to bomb and suck, why petition against it? If MTV puts the money and effort forward to make it, then it bombs, MTV is going to lose money and learn their lesson about remaking great films. I just say this because it sounds more like people have a problem with MTV remaking it, and not the idea of the remake itself.

Excellent point! It's a win-win situation. If it's good, yay! The midnight showings should get more of an audience.
If it sucks, MTV loses money. And sure, some of the showings might lose some people, but don't you think it might draw a few new people? Because a remake will put Rocky back in the spotlight and no doubt draw at least a small audience of people curious to see what the original show is like.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:37 pm
O'Brian would have had to give consent for a remake.
So if you have any qualms, take it up with the creator of RHPS... rolleyes  

TheBloodRed

The Amazing Bert Schnick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:13 am
TheBloodRed
O'Brian would have had to give consent for a remake.
So if you have any qualms, take it up with the creator of RHPS... rolleyes

What he said  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:30 am
I wonder who they're going to cast.

This is where I found out about the remake: PerezHilton.com

I can see it right now: Zac Efron as Brad Majors. lol  

intentionally blank
Captain

fantasma_mirth
Crew

Familiar Specter

10,775 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:12 am
Scabby Bee

Other then Manson as Frank, I have no idea who will be playing the parts.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm
Scabby Bee

Oh god that would be hysterical. blaugh  

Erotic Nightmares
Crew

Tesgura

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:29 am
I think that whoever they cast will probably make it hilarious anyway. If it's hilarious in the way the original then more fans of the original, more virgins to spank, if not, it will give us all a good laugh anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:59 am
You know what though, there has been speculation since like 2003 that a Rocky Horror remake would come out with Manson as Frank...

I personally don't think it's going to happen.

And besides, remember when Charlie and the Chocolate Factory came out with Johnny Depp? I think it'll be the same deal: New fans will like the new one but it will introduce them to the original, and fans of the original will argue that the original is better.  

intentionally blank
Captain

Tesgura

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:59 am
Yeah, and every time someone starts arguing about 'one is better than the other, it just means there are more fans period. More people to go to the midnight shows. And all around more fun to be had by all of us.

Besides that, we'll probably get more members from it in the long run, maybe even an argument thread or two.  
The Rocky Horror Picture Show Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff