Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Japanese Student Guild

Back to Guilds

The place to learn about Japan and all facets of Japanese culture 

Tags: Japanese, Student, Guild 

Reply The Japanese Student Guild
Create Your Autobiography - Introduce Yourself Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Masquanade

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:52 am
Create your Autobiography

exclaim Purpose
Tell us who you are, where you're from, what you play, etc. It's a great way for new members to introduce themselves to the guild and for old members to get to know each other better.

exclaim Rules
-Only ONE post per user in the thread

-Give out as much information about yourself as you wish. I will no put limits on it. Just put out as much personal information as you feel comfortable.

-Try to keep it postive

exclaim What to Post
Name:
Ever been to Japan, if so where:
Interests:
Other Gaian Hang Outs:
Other Online Hang Outs:
Personality:
Any other Additional Info

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:01 am
Name: Masquanade or Masq

Why do you love Japan: I've always been interested in other cultures when I was younger I got into the orient and eventually that moved to really focusing on just Japan (also once I got into anime that helped to).

Ever been to Japan, if so where: Yes I've lived in Kashihara City and visited Tokyo, Nara City, Kyoto, and Ueno.

Interests: Anime/Manga, Japan, Band (Trumpet), Video Games, Computer, Art, Reading, DDR, and daydreaming.

Other Gaian Hang Outs: Guilds- Band Nerd Guild (captain), TokyoPop Manga Guild (mod), The Lanzer Shrine (mod), and The FullMetal Alchemist Guild (mod).
Others- The White Cross Cafe (worker)

Other Online Hang Outs: LiveJournal and Tearing Us Apart Oekaki board

Personality: Uh let's see I'm kind of shy and quiet at first. I'm kind of goody two-shoes but that doesn't mean I don't break the rules. Once you get to know me I can be kind of demanding and violent (IRL) and a lot of people say I'm funny and crazy to be around but I don't know about that

Any other Additional Info: I'm a girl if you didn't get that from my sig and I love sheep. 3nodding

Masquanade

Freakezette
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:27 am
I should do this, since I am the captain . . .

Name: online:Freakezette irl:Lauren
Why do you love Japan: I really had very little interest in Japan until I was a freshman (in college). I took this class called "Modern Languages and Culture: Italian and Japanese" I know, weird title. It was this class where we kind of learned basically about each country, and had little 3 week lessons on each language, and for some reason the Japanese just clicked with me. I tried to teach myself hiragana and katakana (even though we didn't go that far in the little lessons) and then I decided to take Japanese the next term.
That doesn't really explain why I love Japan except that I'm not one to back down from a challage (which learning Japanese is) and that love learning about this country that is so different from what I know.
Ever been to Japan, if so where: No! crying the curse of being a student (and not properly planning for a semester abroad) but I'm planning to do the JET programme after I graduate.
Interests: Well, art I guess (it is my major), Manga, American Comics, writing, movies, music (former band geek here).
Other Gaian Hang Outs: Um, I'm usually in the Manga or Comic forum.
Other Online Hang Outs: My website (click the www) and my blog
Personality: Is there anything harder than evaluating your own personality? I'm pretty talkative, and somewhat sarcastic. I like laughing and making other people laugh. I cry too easily. When I was in junior high, and for most of highschool, I was kind of shy and wanted to fit it,(I have big curly red hair, so you can imagine it being hard to fit in with, say, the cheerleader crowd) but now I try to be me and don't worry about things like that. I'm usually in a good mood.
Any other Additional Info. Um, I really want this guild to succeed because I worked hard to raise the funds. biggrin And, um, I don't like it when people use the term "touch base." Like when I get a message that says "Hey, Lauren, I really want to touch base with you about this dinner and what you need to bring" Argh!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:03 am

Name: Sylvia (Xo)
Why do you love Japan: I think the culture is just so fascinating, and different then what I'm used to. Japan is just beautiful, from the big busy cement jungles cities to the most quiet of forests and countrysides, at least from the pictures I've seen.
Ever been to Japan, if so where: My lifelong dream to go to Japan!
Interests: Salsa dancing, eating salsa, learning japanese, learning spanish, taking care of kids at polish scouts, coping with the high school life under parental supervision crying
Other Gaian Hang Outs: Always somewhere else.
Other Online Hang Outs: Msn
Personality: I'm very hard to describe. I like many genres of music, I am smart, I'm sometimes lazy, sometimes hard working, I have three cats and a dog, I get average grades from not trying hard, I'm very philosophical and I love to observe the life around me. I'm not great at anything, but good at countless things, and plan to become a Naturopathic doctor.
Any other Additional Info: I -ALWAYS- post in pink.

xoxonut

kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:38 am
Name: Gaia: Kykana; RL:Courtney or DC
Why do you love Japan: I've always loved the Asian culter and realy got interested on Japanese history & culture about a year ago, and have tryed to learn Japanese but pay more attencion to my school spanish b/c of my dad
Ever been to Japan, if so where: No, but I want to go for a year after Collage
Interests:History, love anime, drawing / desighing houses, dog training and shows, high school, ect.
Other Gaian Hang Outs: lots of places, any were with people to talk to
Other Online Hang Outs: Bolt, Yahoo, Buddy4U.com
Personality: a lil dark (but I don't show it), like alot of music (clasic rock and just rock, and other types), sorta hard to explain my self, ummm...i'm pretty nice and fun to hang with, alil funny, when I do get mad I blow but I try not to, umm...I love black and red...if that says any thing about me,.....
Any other Additional Info: I'm Christian but I'm also into the parinormal, like ghost, and spirits, and stuff like that, (alot of people I know think I'm weird b/c of it)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:56 am
Name: Litena Greywords

Why do you love Japan: First it was because I watched manga on TV and my aunt' BF was japanese and taugh me a lot about his culture

Ever been to Japan, if so where: Nope , but I plan to go there this summer

Interests: Anime/manga, soccer, shopping, music...

Other Gaian Hang Outs: Guilds- The Nihongo, Xellos , YGO ....
Others- Kimmis disco

Other Online Hang Outs: None

Personality: Well I'm shy at first but when I'm with my friends, I'm crazy and talk to everybody. I llike to party a lot and most of my friends are guys... I'm violent and hate losing  

Litena

Forte

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:41 pm
Name: Forte or Rika, either works.
Why do you love Japan: I retyped my answer on this a good five times. I think it's safe to say that I have trouble explaining it.
I've been interested in learning about Japan and all it's home to for nearly a decade now, since I was first introduced to anime at a very early age. American cartoons had always annoyed me so terribly, the art and stories so often felt lacking, even when my age was of the single digits. When my older brothers showed me the anime they were into, it was like a breath of fresh air. I was immediately addicted, and have wanted to learn about the place it came from since.
Ever been to Japan, if so where: I haven't. But I would like to someday, even if only to visit.
Interests: Anime & manga of course, and learning Japanese. Also reading, video games, role-playing and drawing. I'd hope to be a professional comic artist someday, though I have few delusions about the difficulty, especially with how popular such a dream is in my generation.
Other Gaian Hang Outs: None really. Occasionally flitting about the Chatterbox.
Other Online Hang Outs: My oekaki board, my friend's roleplay forums, and surfing galleries on deviantART, mainly.
Personality: I'm told I have a sarcastic sense of humor, I love to learn, to laugh, to make others laugh.. I tend to have my head up in the clouds a lot though, and my curiousity can lead to some very odd questions. I also have rambling tendencies. (Note the length of this form..)
Any other Additional Info: I have a post-traumatic stress disorder. I can have a lot of trouble talking to new people, and shy away easily. I also love vampires & futuristic stuffs. :3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:20 pm
Name:Reika or Rei
Why do you love Japan:BECAUSE ITS TEH R0xx0rz!! and because i been there and its really nice and i love teh peoples ^^
Ever been to Japan, if so where: Yes i been to tokyo, and osaka i think its called ><
Interests:Anime,Manga,People,roleplaying XD
Other Gaian Hang Outs:Shikigami High
Other Online Hang Outs:Art places teehee
Personality:...sorta dumb >> << -sniffle- brain dead ^^; fun loving..and hyper..always hungry..I'M NOT FAT!
Any other Additional Info:...I'M NOT FAT!! ^^;;
((woulda wrote more..but i got REALLY lazy..sorry..maybe i'll edit it latuhs..XD))  

DuskHexGirlsDrummer

~=The_Awesome_Reject=~

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:04 pm
Name: I don't feel like giving it out
Why do you love Japan: I am very interested in their culture, language, writing, drawing, and many more stuff. I've been interested in the culture of Japan for a while, but I've somehow never gotten the chance to look up more about their culture, even though I've really wanted to.
Ever been to Japan, if so where: No, I haven't been to Japan but I'm waiting for that chance to though, I'm thinking maybe around Tokyo but I'm not completely sure.
Interests: I'm interested in anime, I can't really choose any favorites I just basically like them all so far, I'm also into mangas, but I haven't been able to read much of them though, also, I like video games, mainly RPGs, and I like to RP over the internet, and, of course, I'm interested in the Japanese culture.
Other Gaian Hang Outs: A Fox's Bar, which is my bar, still working on it, and I don't really have any main hangouts yet.
Other Online Hang Outs: rpg.samuraiwar.org
Personality: I am shy, a little talkative sometimes though, I am kind hearted yet a little short-fused and I like to have fun.
Any other Additional Info

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:30 pm
Name: Mistress DragonFlame
Why do you love Japan: I don't know. The culture, history, human art paintings... well, not really their art. Its the only part of Japanese culture I don't like. Anyway, their language, land, manga and anime, figurenes, religion, myths, people. Everything. But the human art paintings, those I think suck. xp
Ever been to Japan, if so where: Oh, how I wish I could answer yes.
Interests: Other then Japanese stuff, dragons, reading and writing. And gaia.
Other Gaian Hang Outs: My other guilds, the ED.
Other Online Hang Outs: FF.net, and SSpark are my only other 'hang outs'.
Personality: Loyal, cunning, shy at first, but a ball of character once you know me and I'm comfy around you. Domantive, and intimadating.
Any other Additional Info: My other Obessesions are the anime Slayers, and dragons. I am insane, so watch out and don't stick your fingers near. ninja I am proude to be this guild's 16th member. I am a member of my school's Japanese Club, too.

xp I'll edit this as I go. 3nodding  

Mistress DragonFlame

Wealthy Werewolf

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200

mimeiko

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:28 pm
Name: Mimeiko
Why do you love Japan: So many reasons. One: the food. YUM! I LOVE green tea ice cream! I found some seriously awesome green tea ice cream in Little Tokyo in LA. Oh, right. I also love how ancient the culture is. The levels of honor are so descriptive, and I think English should definately pick up something like that. I love anime and manga, but those are just what got me interested. Japan itself has so much to offer. The language is complicated but really fun. I love Japan because... it's JAPANESE! sweatdrop
Ever been to Japan, if so where: No, but I'm going hopefully sometime within the next three years. YAY!
Interests: Japan (duh!), reading, writing, music, renaissance fairs, scotland, France, French, RPs, and other things that just aren't in my brain right now.
Other Gaian Hang Outs: The writer's forum (sometimes), SDRP (the guild), the Yaoi guild, and.... er, that's all, really. sweatdrop
Other Online Hang Outs: LJ, neopets, a billion different fanfic sites, my email!
Personality: Um... convoluted. Sometimes I'm happy and squeely, andother times I'm bitter and cynical. I'm extremely silly, though. I like to make up words. And I talk about Japan and Japanese things all the time. Everything my family knows about Japan, they've heard from me. I love being the Japanese trivia girl. Oh yes, and I ramble. Don't know if you got that. sweatdrop I'm also strongly opinionated and stubborn. RAWRG!
Any other Additional Info: I have the most wonderful boyfriend in the whole world! He spoils me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:39 pm
Name: online: Xamiyune RL: Carmen Chan
I am: Asian; Chinese; Cantonese-speaking
Why do you love Japan: Who wouldn't? O.o?
Ever been to Japan, if so where: No crying I plan to go this summer though, with my family on the way to Hong Kong whee
Interests: manga, drawing, school (yes, I want to do well in school), MMORPG, RPing
Other Gaian Hang Outs: RP threads, Picture Post forum, Life Issues forum (yes, I like that place)
Other Online Hang Outs: deviantart
Personality: I have many... different.. faces. It really depends on my mood. Generally, I am a hyper girl, who likes to meet a lot of people. But half of the time, I'm tired and moody and depressed-looking. I am only like that way at home, because I'm tired of being hyper at school and in public ( sweatdrop ... kinda like my RP character...) Online, depending on where, and what, I can be sarcastic, or I can be really nice, or I could be hyper, or I could be a shrink. Yes, sometimes, I'm my friends' shrink. sweatdrop I have mood-swings once in a while xd Yup, I'm generally here to learn Japanese, and sorry if I bug you guys gonk

Xamiyune

Cinnamon Odango

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:31 am
Name: Online: Malice

Why do you love Japan: I have no clue. Ever since I ever discovered it exsisted, along with China, I have have loved it. Then I started discovering the food...o_o the clothes....the music and cartoons, the comic books and...yeah. ^^ Then after taking a summer class of conversational japanese, I found out that the local temple had a japanese school that was enrolling (I knew about it since I moved here so...yeah but my Ma never thought anything of it until now). Anywho...yeah. ^^ I like learning the language, and I like participating in a culture far more interesting than my own. gonk heart

Ever been to Japan, if so where: >>; Saving up my money durnit

Interests: Singing, studying, writing, drawing, sewing, and sleeping.
Other Gaian Hang Outs: Chatterbox, Writers' Forum, Minishops (XD mostly browsing)
Other Online Hang Outs: D=

Personality: I usually tend to be quite bubbly. I am pretty optimistical and very opinionated. Sometimes I get kind of dark, broody and malicious to people but that's almost never. ^^; Uuhh...I am a little bit of a grammar/spelling nazi so I nitpick at that sometimes. *coughs* ^.x; aand...I suppose that's it.

Additional Information: I have made my own yukata. gonk
and I <3 Oban festivals! mad heart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 3:19 pm
Name: Murasaki Shikibu
Other online nickname: Jijabi

Why I love Japan: The culture and language are so unique. I just find them fascintating.

Ever been to Japan: It's only a matter of time. stare

Interests: Languages, Books, Poetry, Ninja

Other Gaian Hangouts: Zee Guild of Zee Limited Sanity (and ever-changing name), The Phantom Phan Guild, iFAD

Other online hangouts: fanfiction.net, Narutofan.com, Mugglenet.com

Personality: Weird. I can be a little quiet until I feel more comfortable around people. I have some really strange interests and an odd sense of humor. If I am really interested in something I will go all out learning about it. I can be a**l retentive.

Additional Information: I plan on studying languages in college. I hate citrus (flavor, scent, color, &c.).  

Murasaki Shikibu

Rainbows and Polkadots

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:07 pm
Name: Meg or by some Miss Meg >_<;;;; *coughalliecough*
Nicknames: Sakura, Saku, Kitty Girl From Anime Club...
Sex: female
Why do you love Japan: Although ive never really been there, i would looove to go. but why do i love it?? well....i guess....well the food is good, and that it is so much more different that the US in what it tolerates and believes in....um....definetly the asain guys =^_^=, thats a plus...iono theres a lot of stuff i like about it...o and the language...tiss pretty in both speaking and writing.
Ever been to Japan, if so where: sadly not yet, but im hoping after i graduate high school...although i would like to go before then. if i could go, i think the first place i would really like to visit is Kyoto.
Interests: I like anime of course, video games (mostly rpg and fighting), sweets and candies, studying languages (i know a little Spanish, German, French, Polish and Japanese and im also taking Russian 1 in school), drawing (check out my art here -> Sakus Pics ), online stuff, taking pictures of random things around my house, playing guitar and some other stuff.....
Other Gaian Hang Outs: um....well the CartGirl Fans United Guild, Kawaii Guild, Yaoi Guild, Art Acadamy Guild, DDR Guild......and random places =^_^=
Other Online Hang Outs: google...haha ^^;;;, animeleague.net, msn chats, here.....*shrugs*
Personality: im always happy n hyper most of the time. =^_^= i can get really excited over lil things that normally dont mean anything. i can be a lil...uh....ditzy (??) at times, but thats what gives my personality ah uh..... twist (??)....
Any other Additional Info: i looooove cats!! <3 um...when i grow up im planning on being a Japanese to English translator. or at least i hope....if not that, than prolly (um...what do you call the people who add the color to anime??) cg color person...^^;;;;. o yeah...i cant really spell to well either...so bare with that ^^;;;; >_< orange and black are my favorite colors <3 hehe
Neko Saku

The Japanese Student Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 35 36 37 38 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces