Submit

What Do ETs Look Like?
  Humanoid
  Octopus!!!
  Other........ >.>?
View Results

LessEndZeta

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:07 pm
I really hate when people say grays can't be real cause "What are the chances that they would end up to look like us", don't you hate that? Well let me tell you something sceptics, you see, if they were a giant ball with 8 arms, then you'd be saying "What are the chances that they would end up to look like an octopus". Or if it had fur, barked, walked on 4 legs, & wagged its tail, you'd ask "What are the chances that they would end up to look like a dog". Second off, most people on earth like to think that they are the most superior animal from earth. & even then, we are evolving, Charles Darwin tells us that the things we don't use, will disappear, like our pinkie fingers & pinkie toes. Most people who've seen grays say they only have 4 fingers, in other words they are missing the pinkie. &, since grays can find a way to get all the way from zeta reticuli to earth (39 light years) I'm just guessing that they are the most superior creatures on their planet. Since we're superior, & they are superior, wouldn't it make sense that we'd look at least one bit similar? Guns are probably the most superior hand held long ranged weapon. They look a lot alike, even though they pretty much get the same job done. So do a lot of knives & swords etc.
Anyway, thats all I have to say. You can discuss this if you want. Or, you can prove skeptics even more wrong, if you want. Thanks for listening!
- heart Aiami!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:10 pm
Oh yeah, BTW, "They Weren't Green!" - Thomas J. Carey & Donald R. Schmitt  

LessEndZeta

meezer mox

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:17 am
he he smile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:30 pm
I agree very much LessEndZeta! Many people comment on the supposed impossible probability of another sentient being in space, and that even if there was another species out there--why would they look like us?

I have watched a documentary before, on the extinction of the dinosaurs, I believe. They stated that there's a possibility that bipedal beings with arms and hands are prime for manipulating objects physically[example: creating tools to further a goal such as hunting or defending], thus furthering their intellectual evolution. So I ascertain there is reason to believe that there may be other species out there that are not bipedal or their forms are nothing like we've seen, but chances are the species that are capable enough to visit us are evolved bipedal beings. That's not to say that stranger species are incapable per se, but more like...they may have not evolved to the point of making tools, thus the possibility of them building a ship to visit us is low, unless they have some sort of ability to manipulate objects in other ways.

I am not entirely sure on that, however, so don't hold me to it. ^^; In any case, that was what I had to say. Sorry, if I bore...  

m3talbubbl3

Hilarious Hunter

650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Statustician 100

LessEndZeta

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:44 pm
m3talbubbl3
I agree very much LessEndZeta! Many people comment on the supposed impossible probability of another sentient being in space, and that even if there was another species out there--why would they look like us?

I have watched a documentary before, on the extinction of the dinosaurs, I believe. They stated that there's a possibility that bipedal beings with arms and hands are prime for manipulating objects physically[example: creating tools to further a goal such as hunting or defending], thus furthering their intellectual evolution. So I ascertain there is reason to believe that there may be other species out there that are not bipedal or their forms are nothing like we've seen, but chances are the species that are capable enough to visit us are evolved bipedal beings. That's not to say that stranger species are incapable per se, but more like...they may have not evolved to the point of making tools, thus the possibility of them building a ship to visit us is low, unless they have some sort of ability to manipulate objects in other ways.

I am not entirely sure on that, however, so don't hold me to it. ^^; In any case, that was what I had to say. Sorry, if I bore...

Yeah, & I'm only 16, isn't that amazing?

I totally agree! Unless they're giant brains from futurama, who can telepathicly lift things, then theres just no other way. Oh, & you don't bore...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:05 am
LessEndZeta
m3talbubbl3

I totally agree! Unless they're giant brains from futurama, who can telepathicly lift things, then theres just no other way. Oh, & you don't bore...

Ah, I'm 16 too! But I'll be 17 soon.

I could see some really advanced species evolving past the need for arms, legs, etc. seeing as how they could telepathically and psychokinetically manipulate objects. However, it is rather bothersome if people write off the possibility that bipedal beings are visiting just because they cannot believe that they could possibly look like us. That would be too "convenient". Perhaps they have that form, because it IS "convenient" for them to be so.  

m3talbubbl3

Hilarious Hunter

650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Statustician 100

LessEndZeta

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:42 pm
m3talbubbl3
LessEndZeta
m3talbubbl3

I could see some really advanced species evolving past the need for arms, legs, etc. seeing as how they could telepathically and psychokinetically manipulate objects. However, it is rather bothersome if people write off the possibility that bipedal beings are visiting just because they cannot believe that they could possibly look like us. That would be too "convenient". Perhaps they have that form, because it IS "convenient" for them to be so.

Kewl, I'll be 17 in November!

No, I don't see how thats possible. You see, in order to evolve past the need of arms & legs to make tools, etc, you kinda have to have had arms & legs in the first place to make tools, etc. That means they would have ended up looking somewhat like us to begin with. The only way I see it, the only way to make tools, or use tools, for that matter is to use your hands. I mean, yeah, some species, like otters, can use tools but not make them. Otters use a rock, put it on their bellies, grab some oysters with their paws, & smash it open, to get food, using the rock as a tool. But they didn't really make the rock to begin with. & they have paws, so its sorta like having hands. The point is, before mentally grabbing things, like in telekinesis, you have to first grab them physically, with paws, or hands.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:04 pm
LessEndZeta
m3talbubbl3
LessEndZeta
m3talbubbl3

No, I don't see how thats possible. You see, in order to evolve past the need of arms & legs to make tools, etc, you kinda have to have had arms & legs in the first place to make tools, etc. That means they would have ended up looking somewhat like us to begin with. The only way I see it, the only way to make tools, or use tools, for that matter is to use your hands. I mean, yeah, some species, like otters, can use tools but not make them. Otters use a rock, put it on their bellies, grab some oysters with their paws, & smash it open, to get food, using the rock as a tool. But they didn't really make the rock to begin with. & they have paws, so its sorta like having hands. The point is, before mentally grabbing things, like in telekinesis, you have to first grab them physically, with paws, or hands.

Sorry, for not being more clear. That is what I meant--that they needed to be able to make the tools first, as well as evolve the ability to manipulate objects, before being able to evolve past the need for those appendages. But that's talking about a REALLY advanced species. Who knows how long that'd take? ^^;

You're a very interesting person to talk to! I wish more people would join in. biggrin  

m3talbubbl3

Hilarious Hunter

650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Statustician 100

LessEndZeta

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:09 pm
m3talbubbl3
LessEndZeta
m3talbubbl3
LessEndZeta
m3talbubbl3

Sorry, for not being more clear. That is what I meant--that they needed to be able to make the tools first, as well as evolve the ability to manipulate objects, before being able to evolve past the need for those appendages. But that's talking about a REALLY advanced species. Who knows how long that'd take? ^^;

You're a very interesting person to talk to! I wish more people would join in. biggrin

True.... but you never know, some species could have been made billions upon billions of years before ours, making them perfect like that. But, I doubt it. Besides that, no eyewitness reports ever included a giant brain flying around in a space ship. Hell, if so evolved that they don't need lungs, they should be able to fly around space with out the use of ships.

Thanks! You too! People should really join in..... o_O;  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:31 pm
I think the greys are real, but I think maybe they looked like more like humans at some point, until something happened to their race...

but all I hear is that they greys are the bad ones..

and the good ones are the ones that look more human.  

ox-YaManBa-Gyaru-xo

kawaiieevee321

Dapper Gekko

3,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:31 pm
Well, umm, at a broad point, I think something is out there. I mean, there can't be like just no other living thing out in outer space. So, greys are real to some extent.

So, perhaps other living things out there just haven't really reached here yet, or formed some sort of organ that converts whatever there is to breathe in space.

Also, it takes a long time to get from the nearest galaxy. A long, long time. Perhaps those aliens out there are at a developed stage, as developed as we are right now, but they probably couldn't live as long to travel several light years and stuff.

Or, they're still figuring out how to travel faster.

And people say that space is endless, right? It goes on and on forever, right?

So, perhaps aliens could travel fast w/ their technology, live long and well enough to live through the journey through space, how would they know how to get here?

That is my say on the subject. I'm sorry for like abandoning this guild for like a year. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:21 am
ox-YaManBa-Gyaru-xo
I think the greys are real, but I think maybe they looked like more like humans at some point, until something happened to their race...

but all I hear is that they greys are the bad ones..

and the good ones are the ones that look more human.

it could be true that their species is older han us and at some point in their evolution were humans. what I am trying to say is maby they are a form of human that has out evolved us in many ways.  

somekid725

2,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
*~*Aliens, UFOs, etc...the unknown*~*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items