Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[prp] And time pushes on... (Glitter Rock and Cyn Generis) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:53 am
User Image

Glitter came to a skidding stop next to the placid lake she'd been aiming for. She'd spent a good portion of the day running through the flowers and thirst had overtaken her. She plunged her muzzle into the cool water and drank deeply, savoring the pure taste of fresh water. After she'd had her fill another idea came to her and she grinned as she plodded into the water and began splashing about, cooling herself as well as washing away the dust and dirt from her previous activities. The water here was crystal clear and fairly shallow. She finished washing and just relaxed, watching the fish swim about lazily. She shook the water from her mane and tail and glanced up at the sky that had begun to change to a soft rose color. The sun was beginning to slip below the horizon and Glitter knew she'd need shelter for the night. She glanced about the edges of the lake, looking for a suitable place to sleep as she waded out of the water and shook herself off. She noticed some rather tall grass that would offer cover as she slept and made her way to it to take a closer look.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:46 am
User Image

It always started with a walk and ended with water. He wasn't sure why but no matter which direction he walked in and no matter how long he walked - he always ended up by the lakes. This wasn't a problem for him given that ultimately he would require a drink at some point but all the same...he had never thought of himself as a creature of routine. Alas today was of no exception as he drifted in a straight line (his usual fashion) and dodged a variety of obstacles on the instruction of his unseen companion.

Hidden in the locks of his hair, she continued to whisper her warnings to him so that he didn't land in an absolute heap on the floor. Granted there were times he moved abruptly and got stuck but he over came them. Pulling oneself out of a tree could take an hour or two but he did it in the end albeit he had an incredibly bad headache but it worked out well!

Nevertheless, breaching the forests edge it wasn't long before he found himself wading across the tall grasses. He knew instantly where he was at this point, not far from the lakes he had once again walked in the same direction as he always did. He was becoming terribly predictable in his old age or apparently a certain arachnid liked the scenary down here.

Ah, who was he to argue?

Admittedly this giant fluff ball rather appreciated the tranquility of the lake and the soft chatter of small and large creature alike. He wasn't fussy so long as it wasn't lecturing him.

Epine de Rose

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:55 pm
Glitter popped her head up from among the tall grass, having heard a noise. She glanced this way and that until her eyes fell upon a dark form. "He looks like an angel..." she whispered and froze, images of the last "angel" she had met sending chills through her body. This one was so dark and intimidating, but she shook her head and tentatively left the cover of the grass. She moved slowly, trying to remain quiet until she could determine the purpose of this dark male. She tried to steady herself, ashamed of her fear. She silently chided herself, trying to remind herself that misjudgment and carelessness had landed her in that other situation and this could be completely different if she use her head. She positioned herself behind the stallion so if things turned sour she would have a moment more to get out of his way. "Hello...?" She ventured, watching the stallions strange movements. Was he blind?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:58 pm
Looks could often be deceiving... Cyn was not blind through birth, he was blind through choice. Had he decided to clear the forelock from his eyes he would have had little difficulty in seeing what lay before him. However, as fate and personal preference would have it he had long since decided that he was better off oblivious to appearance. It ensured he couldn't judge based on looks and while he was sometimes curious to what lay before him...this didn't mean he would succumb to temptation. On the contrary, he judged based on instincts and the acts performed by the other creature.

It was significantly more accurate.

Nevertheless he was completely unaware of how imposing he appeared. He had never had the opportunity to see how large he was, how fluffy and big he seemed to everything else. Thus he had a suitable amount of difficulty in discerning the sometimes tentative reactions of those around him. More often than not he assumed that it was the spiders that sometimes accompanied him en mass while he explored.

Despite these issues though he had never struggled to encounter an individual and as he approached the lake he caught the rather faint voice of another. By now he had learned not to be surprised by the uncertainty behind a creatures words and instead of responding immediately he swivelled his ears round. He would give the female time to adapt to his presence and then he would speak - a minute or so would be sufficient.

"Good afternoon."

Epine de Rose

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:31 am
She breathed an involuntary sigh of relief at his greeting and stepped closer. "Good afternoon," she said with more confidence. He seemed inherently different than the other winged creature she had met and she was becoming more curious about this dark stallion. How interesting it was to her that she had met a white angel that was a heartless creature, and now she seemed to have found a black angel with some sort of kindness in him. She shook her head softly. No need to get ahead of oneself. After all, a "good afternoon" does not mean the stallion was nice. Still, it filled her with hope and she stopped next to him casually. "My name is Glitter Rock, but you may call me Glitter if you please. Are you a traveler?" She felt the question was rather dumb, considering the circumstances of their meeting, but she hoped she could learn something from him or hear a few stories of his travels.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:06 am
Cyn Generis was a stallion who was a realist, not a dreamer. Thus the ability to greet another was deemed common courtesy as opposed to any form of kindness. This wasn't to say that he didn't give individuals the opportunity to prove their metal, but more often than not he took initial meetings in much the same fashion as he would a pinch of salt. It was through time and other chance encounters that he was able to make his judgements but generally... Had he been able to read the mare's mind he would have approved of her stances.

A simple hello did not symbolise goodness.

On the contrary, he was aware that the majority of 'evil' soquili were more inclined to greet their targets with courtesy. This was simply part of their mind games, a saidstic game to play before the assault. To be wary of such courtesies was a good thing...particularly if she had decent instincts to boot. That wariness and good instincts could often save a life. Nevertheless he was not permitted to mull over such things any further as she spoke once more.

Of course, introductions...

"They know me as Cyn Generis," he replied at last, a small smile lifting his lips. "As to being a traveller...would you not say that we are all travellers to an extent?" He was aware he had dodged the immediate question by returning with a rhetorical one of his own. However, if he were to recount every little detail of his explorations it would take rather a long time.

Epine de Rose

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:50 am
She seemed to mull over his question for a few moments before responding. "Of course you mean metaphorically, and I agree. Everyday is a journey of the soul. I am merely one of those that chooses to create a journey of the body as well to aid my spirit's travels. I am pleased to meet you, Cyn Generis." She smiled at him, despite herself. He was a mystery to her, an angel that hinted at depth and reason. She'd met no other like him and she was intensely curious. His movements spoke to her of his many adventures he'd certainly had. Even the timbre of his voice spoke of wisdom and experience. She felt humbled in his presence, but she didn't allow it to lull her into complacency. Her feet were ever-ready for flight, though she felt no fear. Her slender legs were always prepared for motion, regardless of the situation she was in and she's found it to be her favorite form of protection. She was fast, and confident in her ability to outrun any creature. Besides, this stallion didn't seem like he could see through all that hair! "What brings you out here to such a secluded area?" She kept her voice neutral, not rude but not overly kind.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:58 am
It was a common misconception to assume he couldn't see through his hair, an abrupt toss of his head would quickly solve the problem. However, he was a great fan of portraying the 'bumbling old man' as opposed to being a direct threat. If a foe underestimated you it was significantly easier to dispose of them. If they had already drawn accurate conclusions in regards to your prowess then it became much harder. That...and it was considerably easier to converse when you didn't look imposing.

It would be a lie to declare that he was small and harmless, his height and sheer fluff alone would have been enough to frighten most. As a result the added 'quirk' of being blind softened the overall look. It worked incredibly well and more often than not he found company and entertainment as a result. He simply couldn't ask for anymore than that. Nevertheless as she began to speak again he grasped a measure of wariness in her voice and came to the conclusion that perhaps she had fallen on bad luck recently.

Well, the world wasn't all bunny rabbits and flowers.

"To save an awkward and arduous explanation, shall we simply say that I permitted my hooves to walk wherever they pleased?" he replied at last, a mild smile lining his equine lips. That was how all his travels began, he chose a random direction and kept walking straight, eventually he found something or someone to fill his day.

"Yourself?"

Epine de Rose

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:42 am
"I suppose that's one way of wandering. I'm sure it leads you to some interesting places. As for me, I can't say my method is much different, save for I use my eyes. I look around and find a direction that looks interesting, and I wander until I see a new direction to go." She shifted her weight around a bit, grinding her hoof into the ground. Her wandering wasn't quite so random as she made it sound. She was searching for the dangers of the land, that she might become more acquainted with them. She wanted to learn to serve her herd all the better, and this desire drives her far and wide and finds her in some dangerous positions. Today was not such a journey, however. Today, she had allowed the flowers and cool water call to her and she had chosen to relax. "Do you always wander alone?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:22 pm
Cyn was not about to reiterate that he couldn't say through his masses of hair. He was never aware of how interesting a location was, only how peculiar and intriguing certain individuals could be. There were of course times when he sometimes wondered how the world had changed - but there were others when he didn't. He would only open his eyes the day his lost one returned to him, this was fundamentally impossible given that she had perished a long time ago.

It had been enough of a loss to break him.

Nevertheless as Glitter continued to speak he smiled pleasantly and nodded his head at her words. He could feign ignorance and agree for the time being, it was more polite than correcting an individual after all. Shortly after she had fallen quiet though, he adjusted his weight and briefly kicked one forehoof against the other to tame an itch in the mountain of fur that existed round his hooves.

"I may not travel in the company of soquili, but I am never alone," he replied at last. She would have to get rather close to him to completely comprehend his words. However, on closer inspection she would discover that the cobwebs lining his wings weren't their by accident - he actually had a number of spiders darting back and forth across his flank and hair.

Epine de Rose

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:18 am
There were many ways in which a place can be interesting. Sight was merely one way to experience the world, but even Glitter would admit to the more wondrous scents and sounds of places such as they were in now. Even if the stallion couldn't see the colorful flowers he could certainly smell their alluring aroma and listen to the gentle lull of the water. Even the cool breeze filtering through was a pleasantry. Glitter did not pity him a lack of sight, regardless how voluntary such a thing may be. As she pondered these things and his words she caught a sudden movement in his hair. She squinted and took a step forward, noticing the many spider webs for the first time. She nodded absently, stepping back respectfully. "I see what you mean. You have many companions." She smiled, laughter in her voice. "I'd imagine that's a fair bit less lonely than my own arrangements. That's alright though, I've met a good many friends on my solitary journey."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:30 am
The reactions he often received upon the revelation that he had spiders for companions were highly entertaining. The individual was either frightened by the concept, or terribly amused by it. More often than not individuals found the nature of their bond with him fascinating, such tiny creatures were invaluable to him and yet so many would deem them useless. They were a hinderance, placing their homes in places that often led to their destruction...even if it was accidental. It was just as well then, that these spiders made their home on him for very few walked in to him, they would have to have worse eyesight than Cyn for that!

"Arguably, it certainly makes for a comforting...if ticklish embrace," he agreed with a mild smile on his equine lips. The longer he remained in the mare's company, the more apparent it became that she wasn't hostile at all. Perhaps it was the good humour in her voice, but those who could giggle at his circumstances in a genuine manner were often well bred and polite. "Sometimes leads to a headache given that some treat me as their child, but I appreciate them all the same."

"I am sure that through your own travels you have met many though, One could say you have probably encountered more of the younger generations than I have. No?" His observation was a puzzle, but then again no one knew he had only recently woken up and the majority of his 'companions' had long since moved on. Everything in this world was now new to him...

Epine de Rose

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:14 pm
She chuckled softly at his ticklish comment. She imagined how it might feel with so many spider companions and it brought a smile to her face. She was relaxing more as the stallion seemed to ease into their conversation as well. He seemed no more a threat than that handsome black and white stallion she'd met recently, which brought another smile to her lips to think of. At Cyn's question she paused in her musings thoughtfully. "I suppose those I've met have all been fairly young, yes, just as I am. In fact I don't think I've met a single mare or stallion that was much older than myself." She seemed to mull over her own statement a moment. Indeed she had met many, but the oldest soquili she knew was her mother. "There are plenty of fascinating and wonderful soquili in my generation," she said, almost as an afterthought.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:49 am
Arguably, Cyn was the most harmless creature an individual could come across. Often revelling in exploration and conversation, combat and lack of etiquette were not necessarily something he considered. It would have been safe to assume that this particular stallion was only inclined to explode and act viciously when it was an absolute must. There were times when such things had been a requirement, but as of late the world and his territory had been silent. It had been this tranquility and the co-operation of the Islagiatt herd that had enabled him to explore with such ease.

He had no complaints.

Embracing the opportunity to 'see' a new world and to meet the newly born soquili in his absence was something he refused to miss. He had embraced it whole heartedly and while his encounters had often started warily, they ended with warmth and the blessing of a new acquaintance. He could only hope that today was one of those days, the sudden change in behaviour would not be something he would be thrilled with if such a think occured so abruptly!

"Indeed and to find one as old as I is beyond difficult," he confessed with a mild smile. "Yet it is the opportunity to meet new blood that draws me here, the world has changed so much while I have turned my back to it." He confessed softly and shook his head, the movement itself sent an unfortunate spider arching out around his mane and onto his flank. The squeal was scarcely audible, but he knew it was a protest.

"So, if you would be so kind to tell me...have you met any soquili of particular interest or have they only been fleeting encounters?" The majority of his encounters had been a single meeting, pleasant but albeit short and sweet.

Epine de Rose

Fatal Irony

Friendly Gawker

12,500 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:29 am
She suddenly felt humbled and small by his confessions of age. She wondered how old he might be, and what the world might have been like before he had turned his back to it. She could only know what she has experienced, and that has been little in her opinion. She hungered to know the world, and in that hunger she might have been a bit hasty in her meetings. "Many of my encounters have been fleeting," she admitted with slight embarrassment. "Though I have met one stallion who is akin to me. We are fast friends and I imagine we'll be great friends for many moons to come." She tried to think of the others she had met, and an involuntary shudder went up her spine with thoughts of Gabriel. "Most of those I have met so far have only been met once. One that I met... I'll be glad to never see him again. There was such darkness in him, such cold emotionless evil..." She shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts. "I thought him an angel. How silly."  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff