Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [News Flash!]_______Official News about Conventions, Releases
Viewfinder "Animix" due for release this Autumn

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User_2629207

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:07 pm
Okay~
exciting news for those of you who don't already know about this! ^_^
The Finder series manga is being turned into some new-fangled doohickey they're calling Animix.

http://www.b-boy.jp/animix/index.html

From what I've heard, they're animating ayano yamane's actual drawings, adding voices and colour and then they stick it on a dvd. So it's like some sort of anime/manga hybrid lovechild sort of thing...

Vol.1 is being released this autumn! biggrin

The following was not written by me! It's from a Be-Boy GOLD interview and I take no credit for the translation!

Quote:
Details about the Animix:

The guy is talking about a new revolutionary process of actually animating the mangaka's original drawings. He talks about how most anime and OVAs, because they are worked on by so many different people it often differs greatly from the original. But the Animix process will be different in that they will animate sensei's original drawings, add voices to them and create a whole new animation.

Of course he can't get into details of this process as it's a company secret, but the will use the original art, colour it, add mouth and other movements and using voice acting, sound effects and music it will combine into the final result. Everything will be done using YA sensei's art only so the art will not change drastically. The colourings will be done in anime style so that will differ from YA sensei's style of colouring but nevertheless all art will go through a thorough check by sensei herself.

Popular voice actors will be used, but due to scheduling conflicts etc; the actors may differ from the drama CD.

The direct himself has read Viewfinder. Though Asami is the complete opposite of him, he wants to be like him. He likes Feilong though. He likes how the action and plot draw him into the story and the art is so beautiful it's like watching a movie.

The director mentions that it's been a while since the dramaCD has been released and it's now a must-have item. He hopes that Animix will be successful and have that stature as well someday. So everyone support YA sensei, Kouichi Kicuchi Director and Animix and buy the DVD!

The dude is a director and producer of numerous anime and dramaCDs and he's worked on WeibKruz and Kizuna to name a few.

There will be more details in the October Issue of GOLD (8/28 release).
Rulin' ya universes...

Also, some new merch was released by animate ^^ ID card stickers, postcard and mini card sets <3 (I want them allll~)
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:34 am
Interesting!

I love Yamane Ayano's art style. I wish I could draw like her. D:

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:03 pm
SilverMaple
Interesting!

I love Yamane Ayano's art style. I wish I could draw like her. D:
Rulin' ya universes...

Me too D: She's my favorite mangaka, and I'm pretty excited about this release <3
Not to mention the next chapter of Viewfinder coming out next month! eeee~
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:38 am
this is soooooo cool~
I totally love viewfinder
heart
tnx for the valuable information whee  

jhanez

Excitable Kitty

13,915 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Married 100