Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kyuuketsuki4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 am
The_Brightest_Moon
YET ANOTHER-

When Japanese grammar makes more sense than English (or your native language). Yeah, it happens... in French I always try to arrange my sentences into Japanese grammer. For instance...

Nous ha centre commerciale ni allons. Yes, I've done it, english too....
When you think that's the best sentence you've ever read, barely noticing that's it's made up of two languages.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:57 am
When you flag down your professor so the two of you can discuss German.  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:04 am
When you call your French teacher Sensei on purpose (my teacher last year knew a bit of Japanese so I would address her as Sensei instead of Mrs. ___ or Prof )

-When you think about love, the first song that comes into your head is Mahou no kotoba~Would you Marry Me~ (from Do As Infinity- pretty famous wedding song in Japan)  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:11 pm
When people at work/school/anywhere ask you if you're having an orgasm because of how excited (in a non-sexual way) you're getting over hearing another language spoken or finding some foreign language in a text book.

That has happened to me several times. xd  

Kalathma

Eoinda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:07 am
apiyo

You have 2 and a half youtube playlists dedicated to foreign languages.

2 and a half???? I've got 8 eek  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:35 am
Kalathma
When people at work/school/anywhere ask you if you're having an orgasm because of how excited (in a non-sexual way) you're getting over hearing another language spoken or finding some foreign language in a text book.

That has happened to me several times. xd
Like when I the last one for Norwegian at the library! blaugh

heart  

Henneth Annun

wisdomdreamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:45 pm
...your friend and you start a conversation with one speaking German and the other answering in Irish. Not because you understood what the other was saying but because you were following the flow of the discussion.

--this has happened to me, and in phonology class no less *laugh*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:01 pm
wisdomdreamer
...your friend and you start a conversation with one speaking German and the other answering in Irish. Not because you understood what the other was saying but because you were following the flow of the discussion.

I was in an argument like that once. There were about three/four langauges that were screamed back and forth the classroom. xd  

Henneth Annun

wisdomdreamer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:04 pm
XWraith_LordX
wisdomdreamer

I was in an argument like that once. There were about three/four langauges that were screamed back and forth the classroom. xd

Those are the best.

edit: I need to correct that first post of mine. It's Russian and not German that she was speaking. I think I was talking to my friend who's learning German at the time of writing it sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:26 am
When you buy a Language text books, student activities manuals, and CDS for college classes even though you are not taking the class. I have done this!  

419scambaiterKoko

Prince Rilian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:10 pm
Proudly_Jewish
You know you're too obssessed with languages when...

...you learn languages because you like learning them as opposed to intending to use them for something. domokun

I object to this one. Doesn't every one say that learning for learning's sake is admirable?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:56 pm
Sorry if some of these have been said before:

☺ You’ve been sleeping throughout an entire choir concert until they start singing in another language. Then, you can't keep your eyes off them.

☺ You really wanted to speak Spanish at the Costa Rica trip meeting, but everyone else avoided speaking it.

☺ When you are thinking about what you are going to study in the language of your choice, instead of paying attention in math class.

☺ You randomly start repeating phrases in your head unintentionally.

☺ You become obsessed with languages very easily.

☺ You have a strange urge to put sticky notes all over your room so you can memorize the objects in the language of your choice.

☺ You've declared your native language as evil and less superior to other languages.

Kittymutt

MortalCoilOfSin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:00 am
When you have eleven foreign language credits in high school, even though you only need two to graduate.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:35 pm
Kittymutt
Sorry if some of these have been said before:

☺ You’ve been sleeping throughout an entire choir concert until they start singing in another language. Then, you can't keep your eyes off them.

☺ You really wanted to speak Spanish at the Costa Rica trip meeting, but everyone else avoided speaking it.

☺ When you are thinking about what you are going to study in the language of your choice, instead of paying attention in math class.

☺ You randomly start repeating phrases in your head unintentionally.

☺ You become obsessed with languages very easily.

☺ You have a strange urge to put sticky notes all over your room so you can memorize the objects in the language of your choice.

☺ You've declared your native language as evil and less superior to other languages.

Oh god, it's the story of my life!
...well, swap Spanish for German. biggrin  

[neon.zombie]

Liv Qorri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:03 pm
MortalCoilOfSin
When you have eleven foreign language credits in high school, even though you only need two to graduate.

Ahh I wish my high school would have let me do that. My high school was pitiful no matter how you look at it. xd

The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff