Night had come, and it found the second-to-last daughter of Iartuupe stalking through the grasses of her home. Her mother was busy with her siblings, especially En'da and her constant little 'wars', and Moricorm, being as small as her mother, had found it the perfect opportunity to sneak off. She would need allies for when she was older. Many allies. Ri was starting to probe her weaknesses, and strength was one of them. She would need stronger demons, or else she would fall. And she refused to fall before her goal was reached. And the voices that whispered inside her mind encouraged her...though one preferred that she fight herself. She would do so later...after learning to fight well with her size.

Nyota had woken up first, just as he had been born first. He found it a rather proud position, being not only the firstborn of Verge'lian, but also the firstborn of the entire pride. It meant he was destined for greatness... He would lead this pride one day, he would have cubs of his own to teach the ways of the demons to... But for now? He was interested in the little lioness wandering his way. He'd seen her around, and found her rather intriguing...

A flicker of something brighter against the dark night...That was what caught Ri's attention first. A lighter, cooler blue. If she hadn't caught glimpes of the other Aran'shale, she would think the owner of such colors a slave. But...she remembered the other king had cubs of his own. She grinned and continued forward. "Well met, my fellow demon!"

Nyota purred darkly, and turned to look at Moricorm, golden eyes glittering darkly in the moonlit night. "Well met indeed, little cubling," he purred, tail flicking and bones clicking together with the movement.

Ri gave a slight bow, acknowledging the other's age. And strength. Oh he did look much stronger than her. "You are one of Aran'shale Verge'lian's sons, correct?" Of course he was, but she would start out polite.

"I'm his first son. Nyota'Angavu," Nyota purred, his eyes shining darkly as he trotted closer, inhaling her scent. "And you are one of Iartuupe's daughters, right?"

His first~ Well, that could work to Ri's advantage. She smiled. "Correct. I am Moricorm, second-to-last born of his daughters..." Her smile turned dark and cunning. "But that works to my advantage."

"Even the almost-last born is the one looked over the most... An excellent place for one with a cunning mind," Nyota purred darkly, his eyes shimmering mischievously. Indeed, an alliance with Moricorm could prove advantageous...

This one thought much like her, it seemed. Perfect, indeed. "Indeed it does. And I've heard whispers you are your mother's favorite. An perfect position for one with both cunning and strength." From what Ri knew, his mother was one of the founding members...and to be in good sorts with her favorite cub would only bring good things.

"Besides my sister, yes. Mother does favor me... I'm the only one in the litter with the eyes, after all," Nyota said softly, sinisterly. "Perhaps we should team up? You and I could rule this pride together when we're adults..."

Ri raised a brow. "The eyes? Ah! Her eyes...Wonderfully eerie eyes they are~" She grinned. "An alliance...it sounds good to me. Your strength and favoritism. My position and allies. And our cunning. Our sibs won't know what hit them."

"By the time they realize what happened, it'll be too late," Nyota chuckled, grinning and moving closer to Moricorm. "Personally, I rather like your eyes as well. The color of blood they are... I'm sure they hold just as much power as my own..."

A chuckle came from the small cub. "Blood and gold...a potent combination..." She purred. "It is one the world will learn to fear when the time comes. Now we need only gather pawns and set the game in motion." For though Ri knew she would come to victorious in the end with her new ally...it would be a game getting there. One she knew would be filled with blood and pain and sweet torture. Both the voices inside sang with joy and heated her blood.

"Indeed... I have already found a pawn of my own, but we must find a pawn we can share... One loyal to only us, one we can use when we are adults and taken to different sides of the territory for various duties," Nyota said thoughtfully, his eyes glittering in the night...

"Really?" A smirk crept onto her muzzle. "And I have a loyal pawn in one of my own sibs. Foolish cub would give her life for me." Another chuckle. "Remember though...we must be ever wary of the adults. They are the only ones who can truly thwart us."

"Mother is one we can trust. She will help us reach our goal," Nyota said, though his eyes hardened soon. "But none but her can know of this. To others, we are playmates... Two cubs... Won't they feel like fools when they see what they overlooked?"

Ri couldn't help but laugh at that. "Oh yes...to make the others feel like fools will be wonderful. We will obey our Kings and our Gods and those who matter...the others shall become our pawns~" She purred. "I would like to meet your mother. Sadly, I have not seen many besides my family."

"I can introduce you to her," Nyota offered, eyes glittering as he turned towards the den. "Mother is always awake at this time of the night. She will make time for me..."

"It sounds perfect." Her eyes glittered. "Might I call you Nyota? If so, just Ri is fine with me." Her tail lashed in excitement. En'da would find she wasn't the greatest of Iar's daughters..."Lead the way, my friend." Her last word was emphasized, a dark undertone to it.

"Nyota is what everyone calls me, Ri," Nyota said, tail flicking as he turned to lead her back to his mother's den. It wasn't long before he was standing outside it. "Mother~ I've made a new friend and I want you to meet her!" The words were innocent enough, but the tone wasn't...

Ri followed Nyota, happily humming the song in her blood. This was turning into a good night indeed.

Hakuna came out of the den, curious to what her son had brought her. The sight of familiar red markings...though a deeper red than Iar's...made her fur stand on end. "Really now. And why do you bring me one of Iartuupe's spawn?" Her voice held nothing but disdain for the Morifaer king.

"Because mother, we are plotting together," Nyota purred darkly, his eyes shining. "She is Moricorm, second-to-last born daughter of Iartuupe... A position perfect for her sharp mind."

"Really now?" Oh this was priceless! A chance to make that b*****d squirm. She chuckled. "Well, Moricorm...If my son has found you to be an ally, I see no reason to refuse you my help."

Moricorm made a slight bow. "I thank you, my lady." She grinned. "You have a grand first-born."

"Mother, perhaps our eyes aren't the only ones that hold power? Eyes of blood may hold power as well," Nyota purred, grinning and flexing his claws absently.

Hakuna nodded. "Our eyes hold OUR power. Her eyes reflect the power of her own bloodline. And though I dislike her father...He is nonetheless strong." She beckoned Ri closer to her and examined her. "Small...but that can be overcome with cunning and a good mind."

Ri supressed a shiver at Hakuna's gaze. "I refuse to let my size be a handicap. I will instead us it to my advantage."

"I can already tell her mind is sharp, mother. Together, we will rise to power," Nyota purred, moving over to stand near his mother and Moricorm.

Moricorm nodded, almost sagely. "We shall show this pride that we are perfect successors for our fathers." A dark grin.

"Good good...I shall do what I can to help. But be mindful...Don't do anything that would leave you with no pride to rule." Hakuna's smile was satisfied. Two little ones to ushure to greatness. It couldn't get any better.