SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:34 pm
User Image

Hidalgo moved under the branches of the trees, protecting himself from the hot blaring summer sun. He scented the air around him, trying to find the closest place for water, though knowing it was probably going to be the leaves and the grasses again. Not that he minded those, but he really would rather find a cool spring or a place where rainwater had collected. But since it hadn't rained in over a month, there was little chance of the later.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:41 pm
User Image

Blue hair coiled about her form as she sat against the trunk of a grand tree, deeper in the woods. It was the best location to avoid the beaming sun's heat and to relax away from others. Especially with her latest mood. Perhaps it was the balmy air itself, but Setsumi knew it ran deeper than that. She was hurt, disappointed in bother herself and another. And that in turn lead to stubborn anger. Frowning, she kicked out a hoof to stomp at the ground as she debated her thoughts...  

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:57 pm
His brown and cream coat twitched as a few flies settled onto his skin and tried to bite, though with his tail and the occasional twitch he managed to dislodge them. He continued winding his way through the shade of the trees, when he heard a distinctive 'thump'. He recognized it as a hoof striking the ground. That would mean that there was another soquili nearby. He quieted his steps, setting his hooves more carefully as he approached where the sound had come from. It could be an angry stallion, or even a mare. he wasn't sure, and he wasn't going to walk right into a fray or a stallion itching for a fight.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 pm
Setsumi, on the other hand, was itching for some action. Not a fight by any means, but she had too much negative energy at the moment to sit boiling in it. Ears pinned as the sound of footfalls reached her hearing, and the mare turned curious eyes toward the noise. What, more wolves? The mare heaved herself up to stand, and with a moments pause of consideration, she walked in that direction. Wolves be damned, she was tired of being shied away in life. By soquili and predators alike.

Bushes came and went as she tread along before she came across a scent. She halted and focused her eyes, knowing what she couldn't see was somewhere before her. Then she spotted it; a stallion of natural hues. No wonder, he blended in so well with the trees shadows. Ears pinned and Setsumi loomed her neck down, watching the other patiently but defensively.

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:21 pm
Hidalgo stopped mid stride as he heard footsteps behind him and found a strangely colored purple feathered mare standing with her ears back, and her stance defensive. With his run-in with mares, that was always a bad sign when crossing a mare. She was either a fighter, or defensive of the territory she had claimed. She could even have a foal somewhere nearby, and if that was the case, he knew that she would be even more dangerous then a mare that just wanted to pick a fight.

He slowly turned to face her, making sure that he didn't make too much noise. He made sure to keep his ears perked forwards in interest as to not make her think he was any point aggresive. He gave her a slight nod, and looked up towards the sky. It's a beautiful day, is it not? If not a bit hot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:05 pm
Nostrils gave a huff once the other noticed her as well. She may not be a fighter, and she may have no young ones around anymore...but she wasn't willing to leave her spot. Be it by dispute or intrusion. And so she pawed lightly at the ground, her only signal that she'd remain still if he did the same. Though the male kept his ears up and polite, so Setsumi afforded the same action.

And then....he mentioned the weather...

The mare blinked hard green eyes while ruffling her feathers. It was a start, if anything to avoid sharp tension. Though it did nothing to ease her tone of voice. "The day is hot and muggy. I've seen more beautiful days, in my opinion."

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:29 pm
As have I. Though with the heat, I think I would rather enjoy that stormy day we had a few days ago. Soft brown eyes continued to watch the mare. She hadn't charged him, which he was happy for, though she was pawing the ground still. Which indicated to him that moving was not going to be an option until he could find out what was aggravating the mare, or found an easy way to get out of his situation.

He watched as her feathers fluffed, and sough for another topic that wouldn't ruffle her feathers anymore. Though, that would be tricky, as he knew nothing about her, or where she had come from. So he hoped at the moment, that the weather was going to be neutral enough of a challenge for now. Unconsciously, he flicked his tail at a fly that had settled on his rump, and had started biting him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:05 pm
"That would be pleasant." The sound of thunder would ba a soothing lullaby in the background. Insteady of this suffocating buzz of just heat. Long mane clung to her form, sleek but clingy due to the humid air. Setsumi blinked as she shook her head, allowing for some air to breath through. Then her hooves moved her forward, and her eyes kept burning tranfixed on the other. Ears flicked as the male slapped his tail, though her advance kept steady and slow. She wasn't a foot's stretch away from the other when she stopped. "Well? It be appreciated to know your name, wanderer."  

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:10 pm
My name is Hidalgo. I generally live around the plains, but sometimes when it starts to get too hot to bear, and the hot sun is constantly shining, I head for the forest, or wherever else I can find shade, and maybe something that isn't dying from the heat. And that's what had driven him here as well. His search for shade, a cool wisp of air, and something to drink, had lead him to cross paths with the mare. Though he hoped it was going to be a pleasant exchange. Which was turning to be more plausible by the minute.

He was surprised when she moved forward to merely a step away. Most others he had met did not approach more then a good two or three body-lengths, where they were sure to be out of danger until he proved that he was no threat to them. She was unlink any other he had met, though each new soquili brought to him a new experience in temper, looks, and color. Might I know your name?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:29 pm
"Hidalgo." What an unusual name, it had a smooth tone to it though. Though it was hardly surprising to learn the other came from the plains, as that was where most soquili dwelled. Her eyes glimpsed upward passed the leaf coverage, catching some prisms of brilliant sunlight filtering down. Dying from heat....who was she to deny someone shelter? Even with her moods on edge, but she'd still make an effort.

"You may, it's Setsumi." Her tail swept the ground behind her, and figuring her presence and temper was well known, she backtread away from the other. "If it's a thirst you're seeking, I know of a small creek nearby. As for shade, it's all around." Bending her neck, the mare turned back through the brush, liking heading to said creek.

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:36 pm
He gave an inwards sigh of relief as the mare turned. It was a good sign, and the fact that she had actually told him that there was water around, and was possibly leading him to it. He at least knew now that he hadn't made himself appear a threat, even though he was sure the mare had her ears trained on him. But he would have done the same thing. Thank you, he told her, trying to put as much gratitude in his voice as he could. I appreciate this. I sincerely do.

He traveled behind her for several steps in silence, listen as their hooves skimmed over the dry earth, with small dust clouds rising at each step. Even though they had rain a scant few days before, the ground was so thirsty and the sun so hot that the water had already been taken from the surface of the earth, which in turn caused the grasses to turn an unappetizing brown. Hidalgo finally decided to break the silence of the forest with another question for her. Setsumi. That is a rather unusual name. I haven't heard it around these parts before. Are you from around here?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:43 pm
It was a life learned lesson to keep her ears trained on the other as she walked. A short greeting was no reason to through all caution to the wind, afterall. And even her pace was stiff and slowed, her body language a flood of awareness to the other's presence. Ears flitted against feathers as she listened to the male's word of thanks. And her tail graced a small twitch of acknowledgement. "It's of no importance. Think nothing of it." Water was free to everyone afterall, she was merely being a guide to it.

Long tail trailed behind her as they made distance through the woods; the long strands of hair collecting twigs and leaves of all sorts. A common enough event to be followed by a grooming. Setsumi's eyes cast down to the ground below, bothered to see the sun's heat had even disturbed the lush grass carpet of the woods. "Hm?" She glanced back at the other before looking forward again at the faint scent of water. "I am from around here, yes. If not a little more from the northern lands. Why, what are considered normal names here then?"

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:36 pm
It's not really 'common', but it's more like they just sound like they're from around here. Your name just sounds different then the names of the ones that I have met around here. That's why I was asking. He was trying his hardest to ease the mare before him. Something must have happened to her to be so untrustful of strangers. Or maybe she was having a bad day. Who knew what it was, but he hoped that at least he could get her to ease up just a little bit.

He couldn't help but wince slightly as he saw the collection of leaves and twigs in her tail. He hated when he himself had twigs and mud in his tail, and it was short. He couldn't imagine how she must get her tail clean. He shook his mane, sending out a small cloud of dust. The cloud traveled around his muzzle, and sent him sneezing; kicking up more dust off of his coat.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:23 pm
"No harm in asking." Though she was finding it difficult to understand how others 'sounded' like they belonged here. It didn't help much that she lived the solitary life hidden in the forest either though. Names of other local soquili were a mystery to her. "So then your name is common, I take it?" Were there more than one of the same name within the area? That would seem odd, but maybe likely in the wide world.

The creek was just around another small bend, when the mare halted. Was that...a sneeze? Setsumi turned with a bemused glance to Hidalgo. "Are you by chance allergic to the forest?" But then she noticed the tinted air, a faint sheen of airborn dirt. She chuckled lightly. "Is that even your natural coat color?"

Nyhility
Crew

Shy Seeker

SkyDragono

Dangerous Healer

12,775 Points
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:38 pm
Not 'common' so to say, but it does sound like many of the names of the plains horses. I don't know how to explain it actually. But of course, things may have changed. It has been a while since I have come across another soquili. With all of my traveling, I am rather solitary, though I like a good contest, or a good conversation. He couldn't help but smile at her comment about his natural coat color, and he decided to give a good shake, sending up another brown cloud.

What? You don't like a natural brown color? He sneezed again as the dust swirled around him, and settled slowly to the ground. I will admit, I generally have a little more white, and less mud. Other then that, yes, these are my natural colors.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff