Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Must Reads, Business and Un-Fun Things :.
Shojo Beat and Guild News ~~3/7/13~~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:33 am
Shojo Beat and Guild News

This is a place for the mods to post news about happenings in the guild or about Shojo Beat that will hopefully be updated regularly. To all other members, the thread will be locked to keep it informative and uncluttered.

The .: Must Reads, Business and Un-Fun things :. forum seemed cluttered with old announcements that weren't doing anyone any good anymore, so from now on, check and see if there is an update to this thread when first coming to the guild. Thanks! :]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:35 am
Guild News
Rainbows+Unicorns on Thursday, April 24, 2008 at 9:12 pm

.: ♫ :: ✖色褪せていたあの日の夢も-->

.: ✖♥✖ :.

Dear Shojo Beat Guild,
This is your captain Rainbows+Unicorns and I would like to apologize for my my eight month absence from Gaiaonline and ultimately this guild. I am afraid that my internet was down for that time and now that I am back I am working hard to make this guild as great, no better than it was before but I will need all of your help.

.: ✖♥✖ :.

<-- Even in the dream of that fading day ✖ ::♫ :.

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:04 am
Shojo Beat News
ANN
"The North American manga publisher Viz Media has announced some new title acquisitions for 2009 at its Anime Expo focus panel on Friday at Los Angeles, California. They include the following:
¤Honey Hunt by Miki Aihara
¤Gestalt by Yun Kouga
¤Magic Touch by Izumi Tsubaki
¤Otomen by Aya Kanno
Viz also confirmed the following, previously revealed titles:
¤Fushigi Yûgi (VIZBIG version) by Yuu Watase
¤Heaven's Will by Satoru Takamiya
¤Hot Gimmick (VIZBIG version) by Miki Aihara
¤Oishinbo by Tetsu Kariya and Akira Hanasaki"

Source

¤Honey Hunt will run in SB magazine starting in the September 08 issue.
¤Gestalt is not 100% positively an SB manga, but it seems likely, so I made a thread for it.
¤Oishinbo is supposed to be a "best of" series about cooking, aka Viz is not publishing all 100+ volumes, but only about 8-ish. It is unknown what label this will run under.
¤Magic Touch, Heaven's Will, and Otomen are 100% going to be SB manga. I have already made topics for them in the manga forum.
¤VIZBIG editions are 3-in-1 volumes that retail for $17.99USD. They generally come with extra color artwork.
¤Fushigi Yûgi (VIZBIG edition) volume 1 will hit stores January 6, 2009 and will actually be a part of the SB line, unlike the original version of Fushigi Yûgi.
¤There is no other news on the Hot Gimmick one yet, chances are it won't hit stores until next April or later.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:09 am
Shojo Beat News
ANN
"The North American anime distributor Funimation has announced its full English dub cast for Ouran High School Host Club at the anime's panel in Anime Expo at Los Angeles, California on Friday. The company also said that it will be releasing the series in 13-episode half-series boxes starting in October. The English dub cast is as follows:

Caitlin Glass as Haruhi Fujioka
Vic Mignogna as Tamaki Suou
Greg Ayres as Kaoru Hitachiin
J. Michael Tatum as Kyoya Ohtori
Luci Christian as Mitsukuni Haninozuka
Mike McFarland as Ryuuji "Ranka" Fujioka
Patrick Seitz as Umehito Nekozawa
Todd Haberkorn as Hikaru Hitachiin
Travis Willingham as Takashi Morinozuka
Aaron Dismuke as Yasuchika Haninozuka
Brittney Karbowski as Hinako Tsuwabuki
Carrie Savage as Momoka Kurakano
Cherami Leigh as Kirimi Nekozawa
Christopher R. Sabat as Ritsu Kasanoda
Eric Vale as Toru Suzushima
Jamie Marchi as Chizuru Maihara
R. Bruce Elliott as Kasanoda's Father"

Source

While Funimation did get ahold of the Ouran anime, SB has the manga, so I figured this counts as SB news.  

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:20 pm
Guild News
~semi-updated the rules (fixed some wording/spelling, bolded some things, and added correct format/code for threads)
~edited all manga threads (volume posts) to add info on release statuses in Japan and the US
~switched format for Godchild/Count Cain thread so Count Cain would be first, since it is first chronologically
~made thread for Wedding Peach

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:07 pm
Guild News
~made thread for B.B. Explosion

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:08 pm
Guild News
~made thread for Happy Hustle High
~made thread for Revolutionary Girl Utena/Revolutionary Girl Utena: The Adolescence of Utena
~made thread for Here Is Greenwood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 pm
Guild News
~made thread for Descendants of Darkness

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:13 pm
Guild News
~made thread for X/1999
~made thread for Kare First Love
~made thread for Angel Sanctuary
~made thread for From Far Away
~made thread for Basara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:39 am
Shojo Beat News
~There's going to be a SB panel Saturday July 26th at Comic-Con, if anyone's going. It's from 3:30-4:30 in room 10. They've apparently promised new announcements, so this should be the place to be if you're into SB and are at Comic-Con.

~The only new announcements made were:
-The NANA anime will be out sometime early 2009 (no date was given)
-The Hot Gimmick VIZBIG edition volume 1 will come out March 2009

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:22 am
Guild News
~There is now a thread for the September issue of SB in the Magazine subforum.
~More info on the VIZBIG edition of Hot Gimmick:
-it will be part of the SB line
-it is also 3 volumes in one (so there should be 4 of these as opposed to the 12 in the original)
~The Shojo Beat / Other Viz Shojo Releases thread in the manga subforum has been updated along with all the threads that affects.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:00 pm
Guild News
~Every manga thread that could be, has been updated (ie, the ones with volumes still to come).

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:55 pm
Guild News
~Series title art, Story, Creator, Volume 1 info, and volume 1 picture added to Honey Hunt thread.
~September issue cover added to all threads it needed to be.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:16 pm
Guild News
~B.O.D.Y., Beauty Pop, Captive Hearts, Crimson Hero, Fushigi Yûgi: Genbu Kaiden, The Gentlemen's Alliance†, Haruka: Beyond the Stream of Time, High School Debut, honey and clover, Honey Hunt, Hot Gimmick, Kaze Hikaru, La Corda d'Oro, love★com, Magic Touch, Mixed Vegetables, Monkey High!, NANA, Otomen, Sand Chronicles, Skip Beat!, St. Dragon Girl, Tail of the Moon, Vampire Knight, We Were There, Wild Ones threads updated.

KEEP IN MIND THERE MAY BE SPOILERS IN THE VOLUME DESCRIPTIONS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ PREVIOUS VOLUMES!

kel aka gandy
Captain

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:14 pm
Guild News
~Be With You, Captive Hearts, and Sand Chronicles threads updated.

.: Must Reads, Business and Un-Fun Things :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games