Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Itzpapalotl and Dancing Otter (Indians)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:15 am

User Image
Dancing Otter had spent the last two days tracking a large buck that had been moving with it's herd through the forest when he spotted a teepee. Pausing to observe he decided to halt pursuit for the moment and see if he'd be able to take a rest. Before cementing his decision however he moved closer, examining the Soquili that milled around the tent. Generally if a person had frightening looking Soquili it as best to avoid them. He knew that this was by no means always true considering several of those his brother had, but it was a good way to keep out of trouble.

Finally he moved out of the woods and began to walk down toward the teepee, calling out a hail and stopping about ten meters from the camp. He took his weapon and held it in front of him with both hands in a gesture to show he had no ill will. He was not whoever so foolish as to put it down completely until he met the person to whom he'd be speaking. After a moment he lowered his weapon slightly.

"Hello..?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:51 am
[[I followed your suit with the avi thing. XP]]

User Image Itzpapalotl had been gathering water all morning, it showed by all of the pots filled with it. She was now on to making other such necessities that they'd need such as blankets for winter and small farming tools for their garden.

Cyrus laid down in front of one of the teepees and watched the male two legger come by, how strange. He whickered and looked to the teepee. He was the only one around right now, with the newest edition of Erik's childeren. The basket lay silent, he feared that Pandora would be coming as it was day now, and she slept for the most part.

The two legger got to her feet and opened the hide of the teepee to see a man there, not just a man...a decent looking man. Her head tilted slightly, he was older than she, and it seemed he had been hunting. Why would he stop here? She had nothing to offer him. She blinked before she watched Cyrus give her that same taunting look as usual. Her eyes narrowed at him before she finally decided to leave protection of the teepee. She liked being a recluse, others just had to ruin it for her. She sighed softly, before she greeted the other. "Hello." she replied. She rested one hand on her hip before carrying the water to a small trough like thing and dumped it in their. It was for the horses conveniance on not having to go down to the river. She simply glanced at him, she hadn't a clue who he was...she never went into the village. She never felt, comfertable so she found it strange that someone had found her.

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am
(( I figured the mini-avvie was better then the other pics I had, but if you prefer pretty I can edit.))

Dancing Otter smiled in relief as she exited the tent, he was glad that someone was home, as he hadn't seen anyone in over a week and a half and he was a social creature. "Hi." He let go his spear with one hand and looped it through the leather straps across the pack he carried.

"My name is Dancing Otter of the Kawani tribe - are you associated with them, or near by chance? Either way, I have fresh game to trade, if you'd like. I'm interested in craft or company." He shrugged out of the knapsack and held it aloft to display the game he had hanging from it with a brilliant smile before settling down into a seated position before her teepee.

"I can also cook up a mean fowl; sweet, spicy or even with a smoky flavor." He held up several small satchels of spices he carried with him. "So, what are you craving? Fowl, Rabbit? I could probably get us some fish if you want to wait." He seemed to have an easy-going type of personality, was quick to smile and seemed to just assume she'd welcome the company.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:46 am
[[S'alright]]

"Uhm, I suppose." she tilted her head again as she analyzed him, she took her hair and started to play with it as he spoke. It gave her something to fiddle with rather than bite her nails, such a nasty habit. She had almost gotten rid of it too. "I am Itzpapalotl, I am not born from Kawani just accepted in a way." she smiled softly. Before moving towards the teepee and picking up a basket. She looked at what he had brought with him, a good hunter indeed. "I haven't had meat in a long time," she smirked. "I have fruit and vegetables," she opened a basket that was filled with all sorts of color. Juicy red apples, small blue and red berries, green peas and beans with yellow and pink peaches and orange carrots. She watched Cyrus eyeing her and she smiled softly before taking a small cloth and wiping an apple before giving it to hip and patting him on the head. "Company," she quiestioned before, ignoring it and introducing her long time companion.

"This is Cyrus."

She didn't know what else to say, "I can fish, usually for myself or Pandora. She'll be quick to get home if you cook some meat up." her brow rose thinking of the unikalona. She only came on occasion, she never started trouble here, away from here she didn't want to know. She started to braid her hair quickly now. "If you make meat I could boil some vegetables," she hadn't made cooked vegetables in awhile it could be interesting. She wasn't expecting guests. "Whatever you wish, I have my own spices too." she smiled, some she mixed to create her own flavoring. She thought it was delicious, only a select few had, had her cooking. She didn't get to close to him, she wasn't used to this company or human companionship...she found it all to be quite, odd.

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:13 am

"Hello Cyrus!" Dancing Otter said in a good natured fashion with an easy smile. He got up and moved over to the elder stallion, looking him over and whistling. "You're a rare beauty." He said admiringly to the elder Soquili before turning on the ball of his foot to look Itzpapalotl over. She was no less of a beauty, and her eyes were striking. He grinned at her and sauntered back over to look down at her.

"Alright, so we'll prepare ourselves a miniature feast, for three? Is Pandora your sister?" He reached out toward her face with a gentle expression, fingertips hovering curiously under the mark beneath her eye.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:37 am
Cyrus just nickered softly at the indians greeting, he found it odd that Itzpapalotl was being sociable. Seeing as she usually ran for cover, but now she had no place to hide.

"Two," she smiled. "Pandora eats left overs and such," she shook her head. "She is a unikalona." she took a sort of bottle looking thing from a boiling pot from the fire and propped it into the little basket by Cyrus. She had to feed the foal for Sekhmet when the foal came out her job would be no longer needed. She watched him as he edged closer and reach towards one of her tattoos, she pushed his hand away. "Old history," he brows furrowed almost confused. She had four to remind her of her past, her back, her leg, her stomach and her eye...she would never forget what happened and her exile.

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:43 am
"Ah..." He replied, making a mental note not to bring up the odd markings. He rolled out wide leather band and from inside it took a skinning knife, then sat down and began to skin one of the rabbits. As he worked he was quiet, working his way through a large rabbit and a medium-sized fowl. He glanced up at her as she worked on her own part of their little feast.

"So, your friend Pandora, I take it she's not dangerous?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:00 pm
"Not here, it is not allowed...Cyrus and Ares made sure she knew that. Elsewhere, I think my life may not be of value to her. She is two faced, when she is cruel she doesn't remember when she goes back to being civil." she replied as she answered his question. She peeled husks of corn and dumped them in the pot with beans and carrots.

She shrugged as he backed from her markings. Perhaps one of the only ones who had been kind to her gave her them. She looked up to him, and scampered to her teepee and then came back with all sorts of materials. "Watch," she blinked and tossed some of it into the fire and it turned blue. "It's amusing to the kids." she shrugged, she missed doing shaman like things. She wasn't far into her teaching before she had to leave. She tossed some more in and the fire turned different colores, got smaller and bigger...she did this until she ran out. Cyrus had seen this many a time, but the foal was peeking from its basket. "Oy, you need rest." she watched as the foal rolled in the basket before it finally ceased.

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:34 am
At first, Fighting Otter watched the fire in appreciation, but when his hunter's eyes caught movement where there had been none he turned his attention to the basket and smiled. He watched the brightly shining eyes which flickered with curiosity at the fire's ever changing light until it died down into a normal fire again and then nodded with a smile at Itzpapalotl's comment.

"I'm sure you'd enthrall just as many adults, it's a wonderful thing to witness, and who ever grows tired of magic and wonder?" As he had finished preparing the edible parts of the fowl, he began rubbing into it several herbs which he'd brought further prepared it for a spit before taking several fine spits off of his bag and sticking them in the ground to let the bird begin to roast.

Surprisingly, as it seemed at first the man could take little seriously, he turned his complete attention to food preparation and seemed to be excellent at it. It was one of the very few things that he did do well after all. While his portion of their dinner cooked he readied the rabbit-skin to be cured so that it would be useable as a pelt and offered it to her. "In exchange for your company and the warmth of your fire." He smiled at her as though she were the only star shining on a pitch black night.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:40 pm
"Not many come by here." she looked to him with a soft smile. She wasn't about to tell him, she liked it that way. "I learned little at my old tribe." she replied as she hugged her legs close to her and stared into the flames, she was intrigued by his cooking skill. She rarely cooked, fresh fruit and veggies was all it took for her soquili so it was good enough for her. This was a treat. "The only thing I practice now are gathering food and weaponry. Just a hobby." She had gotten good at making spears, bows, knives just about anything. Her favorite spear, she used for fishing, if not that she used the nets, but since she was not preparing meals for large amounts of people the nets were rarely needed.

"I couldn't possibly, you've prepared such a fine meal." she started playing with her hair anxiously as she looked into his eyes, he was convincing. Though that wasn't a good quality all the time. Her bright blue eyes glanced to his and she watched Cyrus getting up, "Aye?" Cyrus just clicked at her and started to walk off. This was so not what she planned, apparently the soquili trusted the man well enough to be with her alone. She looked back at Dancing Otter. "Your a really good cook by the looks of it."

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:49 pm
"Take it, you'll be able to use it, and I can't hang it to cure while I'm on the move." He smiled kindly at her. "I am a good cook." He said nonchalantly, not showing off but very matter-of-fact. "So you collect weapons? What kind do you collect? Does that mean that you make them? If so I would like to see them."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:28 pm
She took it wearily from him, she was not used to gifts, or simple kindnesses. Her eyes looked to the ground, "They aren't that good, and I make them." She went to her teepee and grabbed a pelt an inside there were separate compartments that she had sewn in. Each held a different type of knife, most had antler like handles, some of them wrapped in fur. She pulled out one, long curved knife, with the perfect handle and a black like stone as the blade. "It's obsydian, my favorite..." she smiled softly before running back to the teepee.

She came back with a bow around fifty two inches long, with elk leg sinew-backed, it was double curved and from the white oak tree. It was rubbed with oils to make it keep and was wrapped with deerkskin an grey fox fur. Fox claws dangled from twine at the bottom. "My fathers, my mother made it for him. He used it on his last hunt, it is custom for the women to make their husband a skilled weapon for the hunt. Well it was custom..." she mumbled.

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

WishMage

Spiritual Seeker

9,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:04 am
He took first the knife, admiring it and testing the edge of a leather cord. "The workmanship is very nice." He said, considering the uses of that sort of knife and wondering how strong it was. He then set it down carefully and took the bow sliding both his hands across it, then leaning closer to examine the curves of it. He then stood and pulled the string back, testing it's tautness and whistled when he released.

"This is a fantastic bow.. I haven't seen one of this sort before." He eyed it, before handing it back to her. "It's beautiful, a hunter would be lucky to have such a weapon at his side."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 am
She watched him with the knives, she pointed out ones specifically and their uses, skinning, cutting through bone, etc. Her eyes were wide and intrigued as he took the bow. They were brightened it was nice to see someone else hold it, perhaps it would be best if someone actually used it.

"You can have it, if you like." she smiled. "I never use it, its not made for me." she reassured. "More for the big, muscled men." she laughed, light and melodic.

Death Resurrected

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces