Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Beauty Is On The Inside (Rhapsody and Taipa)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rev311

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:33 am
User Image

Rhapsody stood by the river bank and stared down into its watery depths. He was watching his reflection, something he did not do often, and was actually admiring his appearance. It had taken him a long time to come to terms with the fact that he was pink and male but now he was ok with that fact. Once a upon a time he would have given anything to change his looks. He wasn't really paying much attention to his surroungings and figured that he was safe enough where he was.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:55 pm
User Image

After a slightly exhausting day, Taipa had been making her way back home. The days events mulling over and over again in her mind to the point where she barely even noticed any Soquili standing around or even passing by. Not like they really noticed her even. Her dark coat was one of her downfalls, she always thought. She didn't stand out like the others who were lucky enough to inherit bright colors. Though she had tried to make herself a bit more noticeable with accessories. Her choice in colors probably wasn't the best either.

Soon she came upon the river. And it soon indicated that she would be arriving home sooner than she had expected. Perhaps all her thinking had made her loose track of time. Or her hooves had carried her faster than she had believed she was going. For whatever reason she wasn't sure. Maybe she just wanted to get home before anyone approached her. She was a bit tired after all.

But as soon as she made her way half way through the rolling water, an image of pink caught her eye and those blue eyes quickly locked onto what it was. A stallion. A pink one in fact. Man, he probably got all the attention in the world with a coat like that. Though she was not too terribly fond of the color pink, at least on herself, she kind of wished perhaps at that moment that she was pink. It would of been better than her blacks and grays. Her teal markings went only so far.

With the water half way up her legs, she stood there in the cool water. Just staring. Admiring his colors as curls were tousled against her neck by a small breeze. The gray flowers amongst the curls fluttered as they struggled to hang on. Her mother had always taught her not to stare, but sometimes it was hard to look away.

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Rev311

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:39 pm
Rhapsody was still looking at his reflection in the water when the sound of splashing and a dark figure in the water made him look up and see who it was that had come upon him. He wasn't too suprised that the dark female was staring at him. He was accustomed to that reaction since most who saw him for the first time gave him that exact reaction without really meaning too.

She was a very dark colored mare with only a few trace amounts of teal on her face, atleast thats what he could see for her legs were covered in the water. He also noticed that she seemed tired.

He decided to give her a pleasant gentle smile. "Hello, Miss."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:54 pm
She blinked. Quickly at first. And then a wave of embarrassment washed over her. Soon evident on the look that quickly flashed across her features. Darn staring. Well, at least he didn't seem upset that she had been looking at him like a complete fool.

Making her way back up the other side of the bank, the one he was standing on. Taipa gave her body a small shake. Flicking her wet, curly tail a few times to remove most of the water that had soaked into it in the time she had been standing in the river. Ears flicked back as she bowed her head just a bit. Her parents always told her that proper greetings were a must in any situation. "Hello there." It had taken her a few moments to gather herself and return his greeting. Still a bit embarrassed about her previous lack of brain cells firing off. Maybe she was just a bit more tired than she had thought.

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Rev311

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:51 pm
He chuckled at her obvious embarassment in being caught staring at him. At least she had not ment to do it on purpose and again it was good he was accustomed to it.

He watched as she made her way to the bank he was standing on and noted the teal markings that showed on her legs when she was not in the water. It reminded him of the teal markings that was on Taylor, a mare that shared the same weird herd as he did. He bowed his own head in return and smiled at her again. "You seem rather tired, did you have a long journey?" he asked a bit boldly that it slightly suprised him. Normally he wasn't one for asking such a question without first exchanging names. "Please excuse my rudeness. I did not introduce myself before asking such a question. My name is Rhapsody, and you are?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:45 am
Taipa's eyes fluttered for a moment as his mentioning that she looked tired actually reminded her that she was. She shook her head lightly, trying to drive the heaviness that lingered under her eyes. "Oh, well. Not really that long. I've just been out and about all day so am feeling just a little bit worn down."

A small smile worked its way onto her lips as he spoke his name. At least he was friendly. "I'm Taipa. Its a pleasure to meet you Rhapsody. And I'm--sorry for staring just a second ago. If I had realized I was doing it I well, wouldn't have done it that's for sure." A small ring of nervous laughter soon followed her words. It was unlike the mare to really be nervous unless in a situation that made anyone nervous. Maybe it was just her tired mind not firing off all cylinders that made her so.

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Rev311

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:27 pm
Rhapsody bowed his head again at the mentionn of her name and the nervous laughter that followed. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Taipa. I didn't mind your staring for I have become used to it and somewhat expect it now. You can't help your reaction to something unusual." he said calmly and accepted her appology. Even in her tired state she was polite and calm, not grumpy like some of the soquili he knew tend to get.

((Sorry it's short, my mind is blank. I am trying to take up time before I go to an interview >_<))  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:35 am
((S'ok. XD ))

Unusual? Well, perhaps. Maybe. She'd never really come across one of his colors before. "Yes, but that still doesn't excuse me from staring like that. One shouldn't be singled out to be gawked out because of what they look like." Taipa always tried to be as polite as she could be. And rarely did she ever get riled up. Except perhaps when she was running or playing a game, more of a tomboyish side of her would crop up. But not as much as it did when she was a foal. She had tried to keep that nature of herself under wraps as she got older.  

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Rev311

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:35 pm
Rhapsody shook his head. Such a noble statement, too bad that wasn't what everyone thought. He only wished that was how the world worked for him. "I agree, one shouldn't be singled out just for what they look like. Unfortunately, not many see it that way. Atleast in my experience many do not see it that way." he said and bent down to take a quick drink from the river since he was still standing by it. "It is nice, though, to find one such as yourself who feels that way."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:36 pm
She pawed at the ground casually. Mulling over his words in her mind for a moment. Taipa had never really come across many of those who would think that way, but even so. They were out there. "Then...they need to open their eyes and look past their prejudices. One can only go so far in life singling out those they are displeased with before they run out of those who they aren't displeased with."

The mare knew how that felt though, sometimes. Mostly in the mating game really. Though sometimes it felt like much more than that. The prettiest mares with the best looks tended to draw in the most stallions. At least that's how she saw it a majority of the time. If you didn't stand out amongst the crowd you rarely got noticed. And sometimes it was hard to do so with her coloring. Her mind snapped to attention as she banished those thoughts from her mind. It really wasn't something she cared to mull about, but sometimes her mind just wandered to it. "I just think others should be more open to the fact that acceptance is a part of life. Sometimes people need to walk a mile in the others shoes for a bit before they realize just exactly what they are doing."

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Rev311

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:28 am
He nodded at her words. They were very true but he knew that many would never look past thier prejudices. Many of the breeds of Soquili held pride in what and who they were and dispised those who were half-breeds or were just normal with no special characteristics. "Very true, but it is hard to change the way you think when its what you have known your whole life."

He really wished that one day more and more could begin to look past thier prejudices and see others for who they were not what they were. There were some but not enough to make much of a difference in his mind. Especially with breeding and mating. Many were just too picky in thier choices. "Yes but walking a mile someone elses shoes is also a hard thing. Take for example wind, kalona and unicorn soquili. They are very proud races and often look down upon those who are like us for example. For them to walk in our shoes you would have to take away thier wings or thier horns and that is something that cannot be done. But even so, I hope that one day they can get over the minor differences and see the big picture. It would make things a lot better in the long run."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games